British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Hans Back Riding In Poland Today☺

Surely even Poole fans must be embarrassed at this ?, Lindback is now a replacement for a rider who isnt injured . Poole may well carry on their domination of the Elte league , but at what cost to the sport in general ? , its becoming a joke sport

• Like 3

To get a replacement surely Andersen's season had to be totally over it wasnt though was it.

Doctors may of told him he was out for the season but he gave it a go yesterday but Would he of been fit to ride today as he maybe feeling a lot of discomfort and wished he hadn't rode,been there done that one coming back to early.

Doctors may of told him he was out for the season but he gave it a go yesterday but Would he of been fit to ride today as he maybe feeling a lot of discomfort and wished he hadn't rode,been there done that one coming back to early.

I dont think you believe that no more than i do,is WINNING everything to Poole is it that important.When you are a champion in whatever sport you are judged also on how you conduct yourself how you win things what is the Ford /Poole legacy looking like.?.
  • Like 1

I dont think you believe that no more than i do,is WINNING everything to Poole is it that important.When you are a champion in whatever sport you are judged also on how you conduct yourself how you win things what is the Ford /Poole legacy looking like.?.

There speaks someone who's never raced while injured. Tried to give it a go a few times myself and not been able to see it through.

There speaks someone who's never raced while injured. Tried to give it a go a few times myself and not been able to see it through.

And there speaks someone who can only see Blue.

There have been many riders who have rode injured, but this is not the point. Ford wanted to get better riders in to win the league. Ford thought Lindback would be stronger than Hans and replaced him with a rule that was introduced to safeguard a team that was genuinely short. Not only that, the BSPA gave him a average specifically allowing him to fit into the Poole team....

Now Ford may be able to dictate what meeting Hans rides in the UK, but obviously not abroad. Hans has always had an priority with finance and will still want to earn a living, so it was always expected when fit he would ride. Now this, no doubt, has embarrassed Matt Ford and the BSPA about their understanding of the aforementioned rule, It is so obvious to all and sundry that Ford has pulled another stroke in his addiction to win.

If the sport had any creditability and the BSPA had any bottle, Ford would be taken to task for this deception and have those points scored by Lindback deducted from the first leg and make Andersen ride for the remainder of the season. But as we all know Ford can do what he likes and the BSPA will stand back and allow it.....

• Like 3

I have known riders who have rode through the pain barrier sometimes having to pull out of meetings.But the issue here is ie) why is Lindback only on a seven point average.I also think they were looking to replace someone anyway Woffinden achieved his average by riding Lindback well that is a different matter.

If a rider is declared out for the season then he should be out for the season ie not ride again. If not or if there is any doubt then a signing should not have been made to replace him and guests used instead. It's pretty black and white with no grey in between. Which situation makes a team stronger on paper is completely irrelevant, a fact which seems to escape some people. It's about maintaining the rules and therefore the integrity of the sport, full stop.

• Like 7

If a rider is declared out for the season then he should be out for the season ie not ride again. If not or if there is any doubt then a signing should not have been made to replace him and guests used instead. It's pretty black and white with no grey in between. Which situation makes a team stronger on paper is completely irrelevant, a fact which seems to escape some people. It's about maintaining the rules and therefore the integrity of the sport, full stop.

Does the rulebook say 'season ending injury' or 'long term injury', tbh they mean the same .... I hope we get a PR from the BSPA today regarding the Hans/Lindback situation .. The Bjarne/Tungate situation is of course questionable too. I wouldn't put anything past Matt Ford in his quest to win .....

Does the rulebook say 'season ending injury' or 'long term injury', tbh they mean the same .... I hope we get a PR from the BSPA today regarding the Hans/Lindback situation .. The Bjarne/Tungate situation is of course questionable too. I wouldn't put anything past Matt Ford in his quest to win .....

I don't think they mean the same thing at all! If a rider got injured at the beginning of the season and was out for 4 months, that would be a long term injury not a season ending injury though.

I don't think they mean the same thing at all! If a rider got injured at the beginning of the season and was out for 4 months, that would be a long term injury not a season ending injury though.

OK - so 4 months is a long term injury then! What about 1 month? :wink:

• Like 1

Apparently, the rule was brought in as a safeguard for teams against injury to riders at this late stage of the season, not as a way of strengthening teams....

Surely if Poole were just looking to strengthen they would have brought Lindback in for Andersen earlier, like Wolves did with Woffinden.

They could have done that. No issue other than the iffy average.

People are making fuss about nothing. This is better than using a guest.

Edited by grachan

The whole issue of bringing World stars back for just the last few matches of the season to try and win the league, has to stop.

• Like 4