British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

The Pzms New Two Team Rule.

As others have said, I think this is a great opportunity to redesign the leagues from the ground up. I'm not sure this can be done in a few months though, so the best approach would be to ask for a year's grace from the PZM to allow the powers that be to pan accordingly and hopefully iron out any issues before they occur.

I do find it funny how many people say they want riders committed to British speedway and yet when the Poles move to do the same they are roundly criticised.

• Like 5

As others have said, I think this is a great opportunity to redesign the leagues from the ground up. I'm not sure this can be done in a few months though, so the best approach would be to ask for a year's grace from the PZM to allow the powers that be to pan accordingly and hopefully iron out any issues before they occur.

I do find it funny how many people say they want riders committed to British speedway and yet when the Poles move to do the same they are roundly criticised.

I agree, we should have gone our own way years ago. The only problem is that it isn't a level playing field, the Poles can pay a lot more and have three GPs and a lot of the other GP tracks are similar to theirs, so anyone who aspires to race at that level has to go with their rules and demands. We could always go back to the days when we had a good number of Aussies and a small number of other nationalities and the 'World Final' was always here, personally I preferred that but maybe a lot wouldn't.

Just to be clear its only the Polish Extraliga that is planning to introduce this (they actually announced it as a possibility 12 months ago!)

I can't really understand why though?! Has any rider missed a Polish meeting due to clashes in the EL or Sweden? I doubt it very much.

NB. on a related topic Poole have told Hans Andersen that they will not tolerate clashes with his Danish League meetings next season - so he has to sort it out if he wants to utilise the 2nd year of his Poole contract.

Just to be clear its only the Polish Extraliga that is planning to introduce this (they actually announced it as a possibility 12 months ago!)

I can't really understand why though?! Has any rider missed a Polish meeting due to clashes in the EL or Sweden? I doubt it very much.

NB. on a related topic Poole have told Hans Andersen that they will not tolerate clashes with his Danish League meetings next season - so he has to sort it out if he wants to utilise the 2nd year of his Poole contract.

In other words, he won't be back for next season. Sounds like Ford is going to have a big reshuffle for next season. I doubt that Holder will be back as he doesn't seem to be in love with the EL, based on some of his comments this season.

We should do the same. Britain first then take your pick. :t::cheers:

Let the Top guys bale out of Uk we would have a much more stable and effectively run sport ,7 riders riding for your team every week is a good starting point.The whole signings and guest replacements scenario in these semi finals just run makes a total mockery of the sport IMO .
  • Like 1

Can anyone clarify if riders get paid a retainer by their Polish clubs. I've often read this or that rider has travelled to Poland for practise but not been picked to ride in the meeting. Can't see too many riders choosing that over regular outing in UK and Sweden

Can anyone clarify if riders get paid a retainer by their Polish clubs. I've often read this or that rider has travelled to Poland for practise but not been picked to ride in the meeting. Can't see too many riders choosing that over regular outing in UK and Sweden

I've heard some don't even get paid,let alone paid a retainer.

Riders affected by the PZM rule who ride EL.

Zagardo

Hougaard

Jonsson

Nilsson

Harris

Iversen

Bachelor's

Holder

Andersen

Lindgren

Woffinden

Fricke

Thorsell

Masters

Doyle

Wozniak

do all these riders ride in Poland's top league

do all these riders ride in Poland's top league

A fair few of them don't.

I've heard that too. Be interesting to hear a riders point of view.

NKI dint sound too pleased about it on Twitter.

I've heard that too. Be interesting to hear a riders point of view.

NKI dint sound too pleased about it on Twitter.

Riders affected by the PZM rule who ride EL.

Zagar

Hougaard

Jonsson

Nilsson

Harris

Iversen

Batchelor

Holder

Andersen

Lindgren

Woffinden

Fricke

Thorsell

Masters

Doyle

Wozniak

quite a few of them don't ride top league. That's the only league it affects.

Not so sure too many riders would agree to this. Many are not guaranteed a ride every week, therefore limiting themselves to one league only. Surely they would be better off telling the PZM to get stuffed and ride in Sweden, Denmark, UK and up and coming Germany. I would guess they would very quickly have a rethink.

• Like 1

i imagine the top riders, who may earn as much in poland as all those other leagues combined, may be less inclined to tell them to :"get stufffed."

• Like 1

I am not sure that is even the problem.Possibly more likely they are 1.Not too happy that riders miss their meetings after getting injured in what they consider a less important league r other meeting.And 2. they are not happy at paying big bucks and having the riders putting in poor performances,which they could consider is due to them riding too often and travelling half way around Europe each week,as well as not putting in too much practice on their tracks and quite possibly not having enough time to do any promotional work in the community

Quite honestly i think the riders are just taking on too much and their performances are very inconsistent on the whole.I have some sympathy with the PZM on this ocassion.Whether it will actually work is another matter.Just like the mooted walk out of the GP series by half the riders.........

i imagine the top riders, who may earn as much in poland as all those other leagues combined, may be less inclined to tell them to :"get stufffed."

Not many on that list that I would consider 'top riders' - Poland also appear to have several pay day issues. Would be a big call to agree to it in my opinion.