British Speedway Forum

I have kids aged 6 and 8, and if there was a speedway track near me I would happily pay 4 quid each for them - very reasonable imo.

Go to the zoo, or a kids concert, and you pay a lot more than that for them.

Agree with those who suggest targetting unis, especially those where the bar profits go to the club. Charge a fiver entry,or ten quid and first pint free to get them into the bar.

Many don't though, that's the problem. Speedway doesn't appeal to youngsters anymore, and many other sports are suffering in this 'stay in the bedroom' digital age. Kids at uni wouldn't go even if you picked them up and let them in for free in my experience..

Horse racing has had great success in attracting under 18s, so has ice hockey and athletics.

Only problem is mate 99% are clueless and like to drink.. But they are bookmakers benifits..

Edited by Starman2006

Many don't though, that's the problem. Speedway doesn't appeal to youngsters anymore, and many other sports are suffering in this 'stay in the bedroom' digital age. Kids at uni wouldn't go even if you picked them up and let them in for free in my experience..

Trust me, if you make it free people will go.

with the purpose built uni flats behind the bus station that area is already on the uni bus route.could easily drop off at the stadium,just need to offer special deal for certain matches,or dare i say free entry(hope matt ford doesnt hurt himself if he reads that and falls over!!)horse racing has really tried to attract the students with some amazing success

This was proposed at poole with someone offering to organise the coaches.

It was rejected.

Only problem is mate 99% are clueless and like to drink.. But they are bookmakers benifits..

Have you been listening to Middlo again? Reminds me of a comment he made about Darcy Ward and other teenagers.

• Like 2

Having been to the races it's not exclusive to youngsters.

Having been to the races it's not exclusive to youngsters.

Nope i think you know i know that..

• Like 1

They should change the name of this thread to a trivia quiz because I'm lost completely ?

Ford has got it spot on. Nor sure the KL promotion dug their heels in over Chris Holder in the same way who I guess would have to live in Poland in order to get a work permit if UK speedway adopted Fords position. The Poles should not be allowed to dictate to all and sundry so well done to MF for showing the way it should be handled.

• Like 1

Holder could surely still live in the uk if he had a job in Poland? Would I'm sure have no issues getting a working visa for Poland. And be able to reside in U.K. so long as he didn't work?

My saying 5 year olds for £10 was referring to the Darcy Benefit meeting. Still a disgraceful price. It's £10 for 5 to 16 year olds for that meeting. Thereafter the admissions have been said on this thread earlier. Poole is the most expensive by far. So what constitutes a student because my son is at school not uni or college and what I.d does he have to provide for schooling. Otherwise he has to pay £17 adult which ain't gonna happen. Ford can stick that up his exhaust.

Meanwhile full credit to MF for sticking to principals over this Polish nonsense. Who do they think they are!!!??!

Edited by Sniffy

Periscoping the fans forum live now. Dont know how to put a link up to it.

Come and join us.

Bad news for the Good Friday meetings. Likely there will be no KK at either meeting due to the Polish Golden Helmet. If KK qualifies which is likely, it clashes with the Somerset meetings. As an official Polish meeting we will have a facility but on such a day the choice will be limited.