British Speedway Forum

to over simplify there were just so many people involved on all sides that didnt have the slightest clue what they were doing

• Like 1

I think so FF. However, the seats/scaffolding may have remained in place some time after the SWC if it was convenient to the hire company. BV would not of used them in that time, if they had 1) they would be liable for hire fee 2) they would have to keep the area clean (at their cost).

The swc was the only occasion temporary seating was hired?

ok so what is the 65k that Phil riding refers to as the cost from March to October to rent the South terracing? And the 18k he mentions for the East stand? 10k per month for toilets also seems ludicrously high? Edited by waihekeaces1

ok so what is the 65k that Phil riding refers to as the cost from March to October to rent the South terracing? And the 18k he mentions for the East stand? 10k per month for toilets also seems ludicrously high?

£10k a month for loos is more than acceptable with all the $#!t and p!$$ing about that was going on.............................!! :P:D

THESE are figures we have acquired but so far not fully verified although certainly confirmed in the loss assessors statement ...

Temporary toilets cost BV £10k per month, £70k to rent for the season, South terracing cost £65k to rent from March until Octoberand West £18k.There were many weeks when BV had no meeting and these facilities weren't even used.

East Grandstand cost £60k just for 2016 SWC...which BV paid for as part of their agreement with BSI and would have been profitable had they not already run out of money and relied on BSI to ensure that the SWC meetings went ahead.

​It is also worth mentioning that the fact that the terracing under the south stand was temporary, the capacity in that area was reduced by council officials from 3,500 to 1,900.

Bearing all of that in mind.

The new promotion would be back up sh!t creek if that is still the state of the place for 2017.

Surely there will need to be an awful lot of building work done before the doors open this year.

Has that been agreed and work started?

In this excellent 'serialised' version of the Star article under embargo we are learning much that portays the council as blackguards. And evidently rightly so as they sound nasty, incompetent and untrustworthy folk.

So what has so changed now that gives us real hope for the future of speedway in contuning relation with the same people at MCC?

Any more than CM and DG had this time last year?

When everything was reported as so, so rosy.

And very eloquently by yourself.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

£10k a month for loos is more than acceptable with all the $#!t and p!$$ing about that was going on.............................!! :P:D

You do talk a load of cr@p!! :o

• Like 1

Bearing all of that in mind.

The new promotion would be back up sh!t creek if that is still the state of the place for 2017.

Surely there will need to be an awful lot of building work done before the doors open this year.

Has that been agreed and work started?

In this excellent 'serialised' version of the Star article under embargo we are learning much that portays the council as blackguards. And evidently rightly so as they sound nasty, incompetent and untrustworthy folk.

So what has so changed now that gives us real hope for the future of speedway in contuning relation with the same people at MCC?

Any more than CM and DG had this time last year?

When everything was reported as so, so rosy.

And very eloquently by yourself.

I don't think there is an issue with whether the stadium was fit for purpose last season. The very fact that the SWC meeting and EL Grand Final were held (very successfully) indicates that even with the temporary stands and toilets you can run speedway meetings there, so while it is obviously the case that the additional work needs to be undertaken at some point there is nothing stopping the Aces and Colts running even if the stadium is as it was in November.

The thing is more to do with the cost and who is required to pay for any temporary measures. I have little doubt that that was resolved before the new owners completed their takeover.

I don't really know what's going on at Belle Vue, so forgive me, but is there any idea when your first signings might be announced? The season is not that far away! In the Premier AND National league

Edited by Dandelion

I'm confused by this Belle Vue situation.

The BV web site has nothing on it since the press release announcing the release of the fixture list. So it that's the information "bible", then there is little in the way of "New Testament" in there. Likewise the BSPA web site has no recent news about Belle Vue.

Are promoters in place? Are riders getting signed? the BV Fans Facebook page is over-run by more fake news than the Donald Trump presidential campaign, so I don't know what to believe and what not (probably mostly "not")

Can someone please clarify what the situation is please?

Anyway , back to more pressing matters

1/ Fricke 9.92

2/ Berge 6.91

3/ S Worrall 8.47

4/ Sedgman 7.60

5/ Cook 9.83

6/ Jacobs. 5.36

7/ 2.00

??????

Edited by WestGorton1884

I don't think there is an issue with whether the stadium was fit for purpose last season. The very fact that the SWC meeting and EL Grand Final were held (very successfully) indicates that even with the temporary stands and toilets you can run speedway meetings there, so while it is obviously the case that the additional work needs to be undertaken at some point there is nothing stopping the Aces and Colts running even if the stadium is as it was in November.

The thing is more to do with the cost and who is required to pay for any temporary measures. I have little doubt that that was resolved before the new owners completed their takeover.

Of course it is about the costs!

Who in their right mind would spend 70k on renting bogs!

But they did!

Are they all mad enough to do it again?

Or, are they really being built for this season, that is what I was asking.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Ok just read online the grandstand capacity is 1800. So Why wouldn't it have been viable to not hire the other temporary seating except for the play offs? Am I missing something?

Ok just read online the grandstand capacity is 1800. So Why wouldn't it have been viable to not hire the other temporary seating except for the play offs? Am I missing something?

IT wasn't seating ... it was terracing.

ok so what is the 65k that Phil riding refers to as the cost from March to October to rent the South terracing? And the 18k he mentions for the East stand? 10k per month for toilets also seems ludicrously high?

The £18 grand was for the West stand ... first bend.

A temporary grandstand (seats)) was installed at the west end of the stadium for the SWC and was sold out.

I'm confused by this Belle Vue situation.

The BV web site has nothing on it since the press release announcing the release of the fixture list. So it that's the information "bible", then there is little in the way of "New Testament" in there. Likewise the BSPA web site has no recent news about Belle Vue.

Are promoters in place? Are riders getting signed? the BV Fans Facebook page is over-run by more fake news than the Donald Trump presidential campaign, so I don't know what to believe and what not (probably mostly "not")

Can someone please clarify what the situation is please?

A new company called Belle Vue 2017 was registered at Company's House on February 3rd. It has two directors, one of whom is a former CEO of Cable & Wireless. Both have been 'High-flyers' in some very big British companies.

Of course it is about the costs!

Who in their right mind would spend 70k on renting bogs!

But they did!

Are they all mad enough to do it again?

Or, are they really being built for this season, that is what I was asking.

GOOD questions but another week has gone by with silence from MCC now deafening.

A new company called Belle Vue 2017 was registered at Company's House on February 3rd. It has two directors, one of whom is a former CEO of Cable & Wireless. Both have been 'High-flyers' in some very big British companies.

OK, so is it known, or just assumed that the new company is connected? Have there been any announcements or press releases on the subject? Who will be the SCB / BSPA licensed promoter? Will it be one of the directors, or will they have to hire-in a promoter?

I have seen tweets from ex-2016 Belle Vue riders that they still have not been paid for 2016. Won't these debts need to be cleared before the venture can go forward? And why did the BSPA not clear these debts out of their Bond money?

Tony Rice looks like a man with his hands in a lot of pies and certainly not short of capital.

Robin Southwell isn't short of a bob or two either.

Looks like the perfect match to take the Belle Vue project forward without any threats to it's future at all

Only positives can come out of this and this pair will certainly rattle Ford's cage. Belle Vue are back :t:

Well done Buster in getting shot of the previous pair of calamity morons

Robin Southwell seems to have some interesting business connections according to today's Private Eye (page 37), which would no doubt make him fit right in at the BSPA.

Here's an earlier PE piece on Mr Southwell:

http://www.ianfraser.org/eads-chief-executive-robin-southwell-drawn-into-a-hornets-nest/

Edited by arnieg