British Speedway Forum

So , im confused ?? (admittedly doesn't take much .) are BV allowed a guest for Fricke or is RR the only option open to them ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

So , im confused ?? (admittedly doesn't take much .) are BV allowed a guest for Fricke or is RR the only option open to them ?

Only guest allowed for a No1 I think. .

Which for us is Bjerre...

RR is the only facilty for Fricke...

(Unless of course it's a Wednesday night with a less than a 43% chance of rain, and (or) snow, in the immediate 3 mile radius of whatever track the meeting that night is taking place at and several spiders have been spotted during that day building webs anti clockwise in the lead up to the meeting)...

Probably....

• Like 2

I would imagine Belle Vue are now in the same position as Berwick who have been blocked in their attempt to sign a replacement for an injured rider. They now must go with R/R for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Only R/R unless someone else in the 2-5 is injured or riding elsewhere in a fixture that enables the use of a guest. In that case you could have a guest for Fricke and r/r for the other rider or vice versa.

• Like 1

This cut-off point where Riders cannot sign for another Club raises a question for me.

Sadly Max has been injured but Speedway Teams are seven Riders. When bringing in the Rule did the BSPA not think about the Supporters (their Customers) here.

Can they not see that turning up to watch what is a SIX man Team means that Speedway is robbing it's Public?

That is my take on it anyway.

• Like 1

Swindon are in a worse situation as we cannot have rr for an injured reserve, and the fact that our reserve was scoring above his official average and improving each meeting.

In fact he has been improving just like Dan Bewley has, in fact both riders look to be good prospects for the future.

• Like 1

Swindon are in a worse situation as we cannot have rr for an injured reserve, and the fact that our reserve was scoring above his official average and improving each meeting.

In fact he has been improving just like Dan Bewley has, in fact both riders look to be good prospects for the future.

I'm not sure thats a worse situation to be honest ?

Sure losing Zac is a big blow , but Max Fricke is a vital part of our heat leader trio and was flying on Monday night

Its a massive loss for the Aces , RR or not

I'm not sure thats a worse situation to be honest ?

Sure losing Zac is a big blow , but Max Fricke is a vital part of our heat leader trio and was flying on Monday night

Its a massive loss for the Aces , RR or not

You may be right but with the official average Zach has, decent guests are limited.

It actually hurts both clubs and the bspa must be able to see that the loss of these two are down to accidents and not a certain club turning up with a medical certificate.

• Like 1

not true Steve.

There are two rule changes this season:

first one is the early deadline of 31st July for any changes. That one is brought in to prevent moves like the Wolves Tai for Joonas swap.

However, the rule change which impacts Belle Vue is the removal of the provision for changes after the deadline in case of injury. That change is clearly brought in as a response to last year, when Poole replaced Hans with Lindback due to Hans's "season ending" injury, which proved to be a misnomer as he raced again overseas.

well obviously you don't get it, as he explained what would happen in that situation but you've asked the same question

If you had two injuries you run RR and a guest. If you have 3 injuries, you run RR and two guests etc.

Hans attempted to ride again overseas in one meeting but that was it and he didn't come back until the start of this season. His hand injury was quite serious and not bogus, as well we know.

The injury to Hans basically ended our chance of the title.

This cut-off point where Riders cannot sign for another Club raises a question for me.

Sadly Max has been injured but Speedway Teams are seven Riders. When bringing in the Rule did the BSPA not think about the Supporters (their Customers) here.

Can they not see that turning up to watch what is a SIX man Team means that Speedway is robbing it's Public?

That is my take on it anyway.

Yes they thought about supporters when they responded to the howls of outrage on this very forum last season over Lindback's replacement by Andersen (and also Kylmakorpi by Woffinden).

Belle Vue wouldn't be in this position if the BSPA had ignored supporters.

Yes they thought about supporters when they responded to the howls of outrage on this very forum last season over Lindback's replacement by Andersen (and also Kylmakorpi by Woffinden).

Belle Vue wouldn't be in this position if the BSPA had ignored supporters.

The irony being that it was (and still is) BV fans wailing about Woffy.

They say be careful what you wish for!

The Woffinden signing was the reason for making the end of July the deadline for changes not for changing the rules to prevent replacing an injured rider.

However, as I've said, the rules are what they are and unless the BSPA use their discretion to allow a change in the best interests of the sport we shall just get on with it as we did in 2005. Hopefully, this time with a better result.

• Like 3

The Woffinden signing was the reason for making the end of July the deadline for changes not for changing the rules to prevent replacing an injured rider.

However, as I've said, the rules are what they are and unless the BSPA use their discretion to allow a change in the best interests of the sport we shall just get on with it as we did in 2005. Hopefully, this time with a better result.

Spot on!!!

I thought the rule change came in this season because of what happened at Peterborough last season i.e. Virtually changing there team completely just a matter of days before the cut off,

You think thats ironic ?

I can think of a few other terms to sum up BSPA rulings

Edited by WestGorton1884