British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow Pl 7/10/16 @7.30pm

I know Edinburgh have had a rough time financially this season but there Electricity company have picked a strange time to dis-connect the supply :rofl: .

• Like 1

Couldn't make this up fighting fund will need to dig deep tonight to pay the riders and officials left kicking there heels in the pits.

On a more positive note it looks like we will escape from the trick dome injury free in this nothing match.

Another nail in the coffin of British Speedway just got a txt from my mate saying they haven't a clue what is going on and people leaving the stadium now . Farcical was the word at the end of his txt.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Meeting now off this will cost Edinburgh a pretty penny in all the cost's to officials , riders , etc not to mention the paying public to be refunded as i can't see how we can fit this in now with all the other meetings we have still to come.

I know that is probably outwith the Edinburgh promotions control but from what i have been told the communication was poor to say the least.

Will the BSPA see fit to impose a fine if Edinburgh can't stage this now would be harsh but you never know.

Hopefully sense will prevail. Given the happenings around speedway at the moment fines are the last thing we need.

• Like 1

Hopefully sense will prevail. Given the happenings around speedway at the moment fines are the last thing we need.

A 50p in the meter would have made more sense surely :shock:

• Like 1

Couldn't make this up fighting fund will need to dig deep tonight to pay the riders and officials left kicking there heels in the pits.

On a more positive note it looks like we will escape from the trick dome injury free in this nothing match.

Another nail in the coffin of British Speedway just got a txt from my mate saying they haven't a clue what is going on and people leaving the stadium now . Farcical was the word at the end of his txt.

You're mate must be pretty thick. The lights were out. The clue was the darkness.

• Like 1

You're mate must be pretty thick. The lights were out. The clue was the darkness.

mate hes blind, please retract your post.
  • Like 1

Would like to say a big thank you to all the folks who bust a gut to try and get the meeting on. I sit in the cow shed and it wasn't for lack of effort on their behalf.

Can only be thankful the lights didn't fail when there was a race underway. Riders safety paramount.

Shame the Fish didn't get his last meeting. Thanks for the memories. "Flyin with Ryan".

• Like 4

tonight kind of sums up our season with all the rain offs now this. Wasn't for the lack of effort from the track staff to try and get it sorted seemed like we did with the spare lights till the generator on one of them gave up.

Got to feel for the fish as he never really got the final farewell he deserved.

• Like 4

tonight kind of sums up our season with all the rain offs now this. Wasn't for the lack of effort from the track staff to try and get it sorted seemed like we did with the spare lights till the generator on one of them gave up.

Got to feel for the fish as he never really got the final farewell he deserved.

He did say "At least I got a 5-1 in my last race for Monarchs".

• Like 1

It was also a pity that meeting presenter Scott Wilson was otherwise engaged and that his stand-in Gordon Campbell, understandably became involved in the floodlighting recovery.

Though a belated attempt to interview Alan Robertson about Linlithgow was made, it was a pity someone could not have spoke to the riders over the PA, especially Ryan, Dan Bewley, etc.in order to break the monotony on the terraces.

Even drawing the raffles and presenting some of the end of season awards could have filled the gap.

• Like 1