British Speedway Forum
jrs

Crazysue And Speedway Updates Texters And Updaters

Good work done by all,Thanks

I echo those thanks, - Well done, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Once again Sue and her gang have provided us all with an incredible free information service throughout the season.

I would just like to thank them all for their hard work, you actually help to keep my interest in the sport alive.

With hardly any meetings not covered it really must be an organisational nightmare some days to get enough texters and updaters.

I know Youngy and Fozzie and Elliot are stalwart updaters, and I wish I could remember and mention you all by name in an honours list.

The only thing that's been missed this season has been SilverBee's humour :D

If a couple of years ago, someone had said to me that I would be getting excited watching speedway results come in on a text screen, then I would have suggested that they seek psychiatric help!

For those of you of a certain vintage, you will remember after the wrestling with Kent Walton on Saturday afternoon's ITV, the teleprinter would burst into life and we could all marvel as the results from far and distant places would clack clack onto the screen.

In those days, you would probably be sat there with your pools coupon grasped in your excited little hand waiting for those score draws which were always so obstinately difficult to predict.

The Speedway Updates set-up takes me back to those rather simpler days when we were not overwhelmed by technological wizardry. I thank all involved with Speedway Updates for the time and effort that they devote to providing this service. I am not sure why you do it but I am hugely grateful that you do!

As I am one of the minority that doesn't have a television set, the only thing more exciting for me than an evening with Speedway Updates is when BBC WM Radio is doing one of their excellent speedway commentaries.

Mike Taylor and the team at WM - I salute you!

So thanks to Speedway Updates, You bring pleasure to many thousands of speedway followers and if the people who run speedway in this country had two grains of imagination and vision, then you would receive funding to further promote a sport that they seem content to allow to drift off into the wilderness.

Hooray for Speedway Updates!

Just my opinion, obviously. :t:

• Like 4

Great stuff Sue and thanks to everybody who put thereself out to do it.Without this service we would all be knackered gone are the days of waiting on teletext and getting the odd result in the morning paper.

• Like 1

Once again Sue and her gang have provided us all with an incredible free information service throughout the season.

I would just like to thank them all for their hard work, you actually help to keep my interest in the sport alive.

With hardly any meetings not covered it really must be an organisational nightmare some days to get enough texters and updaters.

I know Youngy and Fozzie and Elliot are stalwart updaters, and I wish I could remember and mention you all by name in an honours list.

The only thing that's been missed this season has been SilverBee's humour :D

Seconded!

• Like 1

Excellent service that is used and enjoyed all season, many thanks go to those that run it, text and update results.

I also would love the return of Silverbee.

• Like 1

just like to echo much of what is above, thank you and please carry on next season.

• Like 1

I echo every sentiment regarding the amazing texters & updates. I don't think its too far to say they are doing more than any other group to continually promote & maintain interest to UK speedway fans and for that i can only salute the exception efforts of all involved.

• Like 2

I totally concur with all of the comments regarding the Updates. As many will know - I no longer attend Speedway Meetings, however, I am still interested and the Updates are invaluable to me.

I would like to thank every single Updater, Texter and particularly Sue for maintaining a service that is second to none.

Many, many thanks.

• Like 2

I totally concur with all of the comments regarding the Updates. As many will know - I no longer attend Speedway Meetings, however, I am still interested and the Updates are invaluable to me.

I would like to thank every single Updater, Texter and particularly Sue for maintaining a service that is second to none.

Many, many thanks.

If the dreaded double points rule was Banished TW would you return to your beloved sport.??