British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I do keep up. The infamous vote of confidence. Leicester going down and the owners doing nothing until its too late. Vardy a one season wonder. Glug glug glug.....

So what have you achieved in life apart from being an over-reactive attention seeker. No need to insult you as your doing a perfectly good job of it yourself.

Edited by New era Panthers

Unless sedgman is elsewhere;)

I think Sedgmen needed a firm job offer by the end of January to be able to renew his visa. Otherwise he'd have to sit it out for a year.

A lot of questions about that team with not much EL experience. However it does have potential. Ayres and Riss are both entertaining and improving riders I would be happy to see in a team I support. Gomoloski has improved since he last rode here and is good value on his average. For the team to fit Lebedevs must be coming in on 7 (or less), if so that is a steal as his continental form puts him on a par with riders in the 8.5-9.00 bracket.

Against that I'd be worried about Gomolski and Lebedevs Polish league commitments, Nilsson's ability to be a number one away, Auty's injury prone style and getting the Glasgow version of Wolbert.

On balance I think it is a better team than the initial reaction suggests, and an imaginative one given the circumstances.

If the new signings settle in to the Beaumont Leys track then the Lions will be difficult to beat at home.

• Like 4

This side looks very interesting,strange really i quite like all of the riders.Wolbert is a surprise but he has ability the the Latvian on decent aquipment will really entertain Ayres is also a real crowd pleaser Riss has real potential.If Nilsson can set the tone in heat 1 he is a good gater Leicester will be competetive at home just great to still have Leicester still in the league.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I think it's a decent looking team. Certainly entertaining anyway

They need a race track to be entertaining on.

Disappointed no big name rider plus I don't see how they will get fans to return with that team.

If the new signings settle in to the Beaumont Leys track then the Lions will be difficult to beat at home.

Apart from against the Coventry Bees!! ;)

• Like 1

Lebedevs topped the Polish League (second tier) averages last season. Kylmakorpi was second. That also put him ahead of Hougaard (Lions no 1 in 2016), Lindgren (his Daugavpils teammate), Hans Andersen, Sam Masters, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris.

• Like 2

Plenty of R/R and guest needed for home meetings on Saturday nights that's for sure

• Like 1

Plenty of R/R and guest needed for home meetings on Saturday nights that's for sure

That is not necessarily true, not fact... Will have to wait and see... We don't know yet, let's see what happens, before we start slagging riders/promotion off..

It's a risk with any riders that compete in Europe, the better the rider, the bigger the risk..

What "BIG" name rider/s could we have signed that would guarantee 100% attendance during a full UK season..? (Available riders) not ones already named in UK teams..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

A team of entertainers - lets hope all their machinery is up to scratch?!

Lebedevs topped the Polish League (second tier) averages last season. Kylmakorpi was second. That also put him ahead of Hougaard (Lions no 1 in 2016), Lindgren (his Daugavpils teammate), Hans Andersen, Sam Masters, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris.

That was on a very different set of tracks. To be honest the team looks to lack top end leadership but if they work well together they might escape the drop.

Err no, Auty will never be a world beater. I'd take him on his average over Howarth on Howarth's average. I'd take him on Howarths average over Howarth on Auty's average.

That is all, you can submit more stats to back up your argument, 75 times over. I'd still pick Auty over Howarth. Hands down.

No more needs to be said, there is very little between them stat wise, I do not know if Auty is expected to be a heat leader at Leicester since the Lions have not completed their team, Howarth has avoided that status agian in the EL. In the PL Howarth is going to have to step up to heat leader (top 2) status something he has never done before. Which Auty has been accustomed to for several years.

Indeed, but Stevebrum is a persistent annoyance.

No B'yawn'e please, he was even a chicane gating tart at Wimbourne Road last year.

Reading more into it as per usual.

We get it, you rate Auty over Howarth , like you think Wolves have a poor side this year.

You say it so often enough we all get the picture. That's the epitome of a persistent annoyance.

Auty is number one in name only due to 6 others riders having a lower average than him in team's that have struggled at the base of the table in very recent seasons.

Edited to add - surprised no Kylmakorpi or Sedgmen however a decent looking side with bags of potential.

Lebedevs is an interesting one, if he can start to master British tracks he could play a big part in how successful the Lions are.

Looking good!

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1