British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

General question, is it a set agenda or are motions proposed by the various promoters, or is it a general discussion to begin with.

What is the date of the AGM?

General question, is it a set agenda or are motions proposed by the various promoters, or is it a general discussion to begin with.

Yes there is an agenda that is currently circulating. By an large agenda's aren't particularly revealing so even if we could see it I doubt we'd feel much better informed.

• Like 1

WHO knows... more secrecy than when choosing a Pope.

Would be good to see a feature in the star on proposals for the new season. Certainly I think pushing the use of converted averages as prepared by SCB would result in equitable and transparent team building.

ame="T B" post="2868761" timestamp="1477260702"]

there are a few things but you have to convince the riders and tuners of it and well it would be easier to convince the queen to have a skid

Would having a minimum weight for flywheels work?

I know if would be difficult to police, but I suppose they could then bring in even more exotic materials, to make them smaller, but heavier..

Edited by Shale Searcher

Would having a minimum weight for flywheels work?

I know if would be difficult to police, but I suppose they could then bring in even more exotic materials, to make them smaller, but heavier..

Are motors ever stripped by scrutineers and inspected?

I assume that a capacity limit is in place, so how is it enforced?

I know there have always been "trick" engines in bike racing and as a result, at the higher levels of the sport, dyno testing, sealing of motors and if necessary strip down have become almost routine.

Sorry for my ignorance about this.

:t:

With regards to cost cutting I think that the riders will have to be forced as by nature they want to go faster will spend and do anything to achieve this using any reason for not stopping ranging from a safety issues to the fact of not being able to earn a living . How to do this will take some strong and brave decisions being made by the sports governing body and I don't hold my breath on that happening anytime soon .

It would be interesting to prehaps see some match races or an open meeting even with factory GTR being provided for all riders to see how they coped it would be on a level plainfield and should be down to pure skill and ability to adapt .

What is the date of the AGM?

AGM is a 3-day meeting this year and its midweek - November 1st-3rd in Broxbourne at the National Speedway Museum..

Pre-AGM meetings are a regular thing, believe it or not, when all things are on the table and up for discussion. Usually there is a consensus of changes which Promoters are asked to take away and consider prior to the AGM.

Buster is the new Chairman so it remains to be seen how 'strict' he is as to how the 3-day AGM runs. In the past there has been time for the EL and PL clubs to have their own separate meetings before coming back to the AGM table.

Any AGM Agenda should usually only be a 'rubber-stamping' exercise with maybe only one or two 'extra' items added, but judging by the amount of dis-harmony referred to in the SS and elsewhere at the pre-meetings then I'm certain it won't be an easy, smooth meeting with 100% agreement.

• Like 1

AGM Agenda

1. Apologies

2. Minutes of last meeting

3. Assessed averages for foreign deckchairs

4. Relocating of deckchairs

5. Allocation of lifeboats

6. Abandon ship

• Like 6

The agm should have already happened two months ago. November as far too late to sort out rules and plans for the following season. Other countries are so far ahead of the game its a joke. An agm in November is a completely antiquated time to run it.

If it was held in August/September riders would be happy to have their teams berths sorted, or if they are to be dropped, give themselves longer to find another club.

• Like 3

as a very minimum there should be the same meeting rules for matches in all divisions.. make the job of refs a lot easier, not too much to ask is it?

More optimistically, in order to get a license to run all promoters should be required to sign up to a mission statement that says they will always consider the sport in the Uk as a whole as a priority and also to treat supporters fairly at all times rather than take them for granted. Any found to be in clear breach for whatever reason should be fined and if repetaed have their license revoked. Further that all official fixtures MUST be completed.

At this AGM any prospective Leicester or Stoke promoters should be made to ride at least 3 official home matches every month from 1st April to end of 31st August without fail, since they have shown themselves unable to manage left to their own devices.

In the case of repeat offenders Stoke they should be paying up front a bond that is only returned once all league fixtures are complete.

Until this sport is run and governed professionally there is no hope. Surely any sport that professes to be professional should expect some minimum commitments shouldn't they? makes my blood boil

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1

AGM is a 3-day meeting this year and its midweek - November 1st-3rd in Broxbourne at the National Speedway Museum..

Pre-AGM meetings are a regular thing, believe it or not, when all things are on the table and up for discussion. Usually there is a consensus of changes which Promoters are asked to take away and consider prior to the AGM.

Buster is the new Chairman so it remains to be seen how 'strict' he is as to how the 3-day AGM runs. In the past there has been time for the EL and PL clubs to have their own separate meetings before coming back to the AGM table.

Any AGM Agenda should usually only be a 'rubber-stamping' exercise with maybe only one or two 'extra' items added, but judging by the amount of dis-harmony referred to in the SS and elsewhere at the pre-meetings then I'm certain it won't be an easy, smooth meeting with 100% agreement.

Thanks for your very clear factual post.

as a very minimum there should be the same meeting rules for matches in all divisions.. make the job of refs a lot easier, not too much to ask is it?

More optimistically, in order to get a license to run all promoters should be required to sign up to a mission statement that says they will always consider the sport in the Uk as a whole as a priority and also to treat supporters fairly at all times rather than take them for granted. Any found to be in clear breach for whatever reason should be fined and if repetaed have their license revoked. Further that all official fixtures MUST be completed.

At this AGM any prospective Leicester or Stoke promoters should be made to ride at least 3 official home matches every month from 1st April to end of 31st August without fail, since they have shown themselves unable to manage left to their own devices.

In the case of repeat offenders Stoke they should be paying up front a bond that is only returned once all league fixtures are complete.

Until this sport is run and governed professionally there is no hope. Surely any sport that professes to be professional should expect some minimum commitments shouldn't they? makes my blood boil

Does that include promoters who spit out their dummies and call a meeting off a few hours before the start because they don't like the opposition line up😀

AGM Agenda

1. Apologies

2. Minutes of last meeting

3. Assessed averages for foreign deckchairs

4. Relocating of deckchairs

5. Allocation of lifeboats

6. Abandon ship

Made me laugh anyway. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The only thing that you can be certain of is that they will change the Rules - - - AGAIN!!!

On the other hand - they might do something sensible and get rid of Double P{oints. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Triple points

If your 3rd heat leader or a 2nd string takes the ride and finishes 3rd with his team mate winning the team get triple points for the admirable display of team riding.

I rather think that's already been discussed, whether or not it's agreed is anyone's guess.

I would have thought it was basic common sense but speedway regulations don't have a habit of including common sense from my experience.

• Like 1