British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

The season just finished was my 37th of watching speedway and today's announcement has to be about the 25th time they have said it was the BEST EVER AGM there has ever been

• Like 2

The season just finished was my 37th of watching speedway and today's announcement has to be about the 25th time they have said it was the BEST EVER AGM there has ever been

Maybe they have been. The problem is that the previous bar is always set very low...

So end result is a weaker top flight. Promotion and relegation that will be meaningless. More issues with odd averages

The only good thing that I can see is the changing to conventional format. But, I can see the gulf between number ones and reserves being greater than ever, so maybe the previous format, with a sensible approach to weighting averages, would have been better?

• Like 1

Having waited on 50 odd AGM's, this has to go down as a real positive. Far more has evolved than I could imagine, so well done to Buster and his merry men.

I can see plenty to look forward to and hope that all clubs play it by the book. Obviously, there is still some tweaking needed but this is far better than I ever imagine.

Like the Brexit vote, I hope we can run our sport individually from European countries and create a product that attract riders who want to be involved. There's more to Speedway than SGP meetings....

• Like 6

Quite a positive AGM chuffed that Somerset are moving up will make the effort to see more of them this year.The only downer for me was i was hoping the EL would bring in a rule that a Englishman had to be in the 1-5 and a young Englishman at 7.

teams wont be able to build up to 50pts during the season,its only for initial team building.they wont be able to replace 4pt rider with an 8pt rider after the first set of averages,if for example they wish to replace a rider with say 4.3 ave, replacement rider will be 4.3 or below,so not as many team changes as some think.

Should have got rid of the double points rule. Bring back the old tac sub rule when 6 points down only use twice and can't use one in a heat where a reserve is in .

• Like 1

They succeed every year in making me less and less interested.!!!!

I'm happy with it but what about in the play offs if a double upper rides for both clubs!?

I assume that Swindon confirmed their ability to run in 2017

Did they say where?

I'm happy with it but what about in the play offs if a double upper rides for both clubs!?

It will be the same as a clash of fixtures, if they are an asset of one of the clubs they ride for them, if they are not they ride for the team in the same league of which their owners are in.

teams wont be able to build up to 50pts during the season,its only for initial team building.they wont be able to replace 4pt rider with an 8pt rider after the first set of averages,if for example they wish to replace a rider with say 4.3 ave, replacement rider will be 4.3 or below,so not as many team changes as some think.

How do you know that ?

Where does it say so ?

As far as I know, the official rules haven't been published yet, there appears to be a lot of speculation in interpreting what is only a press release outlining certain changes.

Do you think the bspa have thought of that, based on previous agm changes I would be surprised if they have.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

So Glasgow could win the Championship, beat Leicester in the play off's, then refuse to go up. Meanwhile, Buxton finish bottom of the National League, but apply to join the Premiership, & are accepted. No wonder people don't take Speedway seriously !!

There's always a way...mystery illnesses, breakdowns en-route, etc...if a Championship team doesn't want to be promoted hen the situation can be "engineered" to prevent it from happening.