British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

I am confused by the promotion aspect from the AGM. How will some Premier League clubs afford it in the top flight? Surely it can only work if promotion comes with a big winners cheque to help prop the team up for the following season or two in the top flight.

They have, I think Chris Louis mentioned something about it on a press release.

No he only mentioned a change in the conversion rate in |May, presumably between the two leagues.

With the championship league now seeming to have more meetings than previously is this going to make doubling up, down and sideways more difficult or full of guests for any d/u position.

Edited by A ORLOV

and well done to Redcar but with more expensive better riders planning to double up , the gap between the redcar's and the glasgows will be bigger than ever

That is where rich promoters, better/more sponsors & better fan base/population play a big part. For riders, it's not just the wages but the whole package(mechanic, van, parts, etc)

taken from what C Louis has said

"Louis said: “It brings a commonality in terms of team building in both leagues and then the conversion figure will be adjusted in May when they are both up and running and we can see what it is."

CMA's based on 4 rides per rider = 14 heats = 42points. Conversion factor for true averages later could be 1.2(42 x 1.2 = 50.4)

Are you really being serious?

This has been tried in this form before and been utterly pointless.

For gods sake Rye House and Somerset have just been promoted without a race bring run.

What's the big deal?

I bet they will be dead pleased if they get relegated in their first season.

But hey, I suppose they can always promote themselves again, so no need to worry.

:t:

• Like 1

Will there be any real ambition from Championship clubs to go into the top flight via play offs ? There certainly was not last time

• Like 1

Will there be any real ambition from Championship clubs to go into the top flight via play offs ? There certainly was not last time

With the gap narrowed and everyone on the same averages, I don't think it'll be a problem.

• Like 1

I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be. The clubs from each division will be much closer in strength now so what might happen is similar to football for example. The team relegated to the Championship tends to lose its top players who choose to remain elsewhere in the Premier League.

I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be. The clubs from each division will be much closer in strength now so what might happen is similar to football for example. The team relegated to the Championship tends to lose its top players who choose to remain elsewhere in the Premier League.

Whereas in Speedway the promoted teams will already be employing the same riders as the relegated teams they have just beat!!!😁

Bomber might end up racing against himself in the promotion play off..!

(Wonder if he would be able to beat himself out of the gate)?!😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Like the Brexit vote, I hope we can run our sport individually from European countries and create a product that attract riders who want to be involved.

The Brexit sentiment runs through a lot of British thinking.We didn't want to be involved in the Football world cup when it started and we weren't really keen on the European Cup either.In speedway we haven't got involved much with the European Championships and the SEC.We have a fair number who don't want to be involved with the EU.I note Phil Rising hopes that the Belle Vue stadium gets some big meetings from the FIM though......

I agree we should be creating product that attracts riders who want to be involed.We need to create a product that makes fans want to see it.The big trouble is we have a p poor youth training scheme.We don't produce riders of world clas quality with any regularity,so rely on foreigners.The pool of riders is only getting smaller and by trying to go the isolationist route we are shooting ourselves in the foot,both on the political and speedway front

and well done to Redcar but with more expensive better riders planning to double up , the gap between the redcar's and the glasgows will be bigger than ever

I dont necessarily agree - if it so happens the likes of Harris drop down the PL it means the rider he is replacing at a Glasgow for example, drip down to the likes of Workington and Redcar the more riders created the better it is for the likes of Workington and Redcar as it affords them more options.

If the premier and championship teams are going to be a lot closer in strength, does that mean the admission prices are going to be about the same price. Me thinks not.

taken from what C Louis has said

"Louis said: “It brings a commonality in terms of team building in both leagues and then the conversion figure will be adjusted in May when they are both up and running and we can see what it is."

CMA's based on 4 rides per rider = 14 heats = 42points. Conversion factor for true averages later could be 1.2(42 x 1.2 = 50.4)

Chris Louis also said "It was a team building formula, it's simple and it works" (regarding the ex Elite only riders seeing their averages multiplied by 1.4)

Well, I thought it was simple until I saw the bit about "the conversion figure will be adjusted in May...."

What's that all about ?

I interpret the information from the press release as :

If a rider has a Premier League Average - use that.

If he hasn't a Premier League Average but has an Elite League Average - use the Elite Average multiplied by 1.4

If he hasn't a Premier or Elite Average - don't know, not covered yet.

That's what I call simple and works.

Looking at the last set of Green Sheet Averages from both Leagues, it means that the following 25 riders from the Elite Teams final 1-7 would have their averages multiplied by 1.4 :

Zagar, Fricke, Nicholls, Kasprrzak, Harris, Woryna, Iversen, Batchelor, Jonsson, Nilsson, Bridger, Hougaard, Wozniak,Holder, Lindback, Pedersen, Buczkowski, Ellis, Doyle, Morris, Sedgmen, Lindgren, Thorsell, Woffinden and Karlsson.

All the others have Premier League Averages.

Outside the final 1-7, there is - Korneliussen, Schlein, Swiderski, Mear, Walasek, Ulamek, Watt, Andersen and Kylmakorpi who would also get averages multiplied by 1.4

I assume the 1.4 multiple was arrived at by some scientific or mathematical reasoning and sanctioned at the AGM - surely Chris Louis is not suggesting a retrospective application of a different number, because going forward the SCB statement makes it clear that a rider will only have one average.

Chris Louis also said "It was a team building formula, it's simple and it works" (regarding the ex Elite only riders seeing their averages multiplied by 1.4)

Well, I thought it was simple until I saw the bit about "the conversion figure will be adjusted in May...."

What's that all about ?

I interpret the information from the press release as :

If a rider has a Premier League Average - use that.

If he hasn't a Premier League Average but has an Elite League Average - use the Elite Average multiplied by 1.4

If he hasn't a Premier or Elite Average - don't know, not covered yet.

That's what I call simple and works.

Looking at the last set of Green Sheet Averages from both Leagues, it means that the following 25 riders from the Elite Teams final 1-7 would have their averages multiplied by 1.4 :

Zagar, Fricke, Nicholls, Kasprrzak, Harris, Woryna, Iversen, Batchelor, Jonsson, Nilsson, Bridger, Hougaard, Wozniak,Holder, Lindback, Pedersen, Buczkowski, Ellis, Doyle, Morris, Sedgmen, Lindgren, Thorsell, Woffinden and Karlsson.

All the others have Premier League Averages.

Outside the final 1-7, there is - Korneliussen, Schlein, Swiderski, Mear, Walasek, Ulamek, Watt, Andersen and Kylmakorpi who would also get averages multiplied by 1.4

I assume the 1.4 multiple was arrived at by some scientific or mathematical reasoning and sanctioned at the AGM - surely Chris Louis is not suggesting a retrospective application of a different number, because going forward the SCB statement makes it clear that a rider will only have one average.

There always seems an added clause that causes confusion! No doubt it will all become crystal clear!!!!

It will be the same as a clash of fixtures, if they are an asset of one of the clubs they ride for them, if they are not they ride for the team in the same league of which their owners are in.

So for example say Steve Worrall rides for Newcastle and Belle Vue again... They never have a fixture clash and Steve is ever present for both clubs.. He has a 10.00 average for Newcastle who win the play offs and a 6.5 average for Belle Vue who finish bottom of their league... With this rule Steve will want Newcastle to get beat in their most important meeting of the season as he will be riding for Belle Vue.