British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jawajoe

Glasgow V Newcastle Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg Tonight 24/10/16

How would you possibly know that last night's performance was shocking if you weren't there?

Glasgow rode out of their skin last night and it was a fantastic meeting. Newcastle would have made it closer had Kus been riding, but no way I'd describe their performance as shocking and I was there.

What a night it was for Glasgow, after being the bridesmaid so many times!

• Like 5

What a night it was last night yes a lot of the hard work was done on Sunday night but the Tigers riders were well up for the cup. hats off to Robert Lambert can't believe he is not on a 9 point average. Also thebattle between Richie And Steve in Heat 13 for third place was unbelievable and Aaron and Richard's ride in Heat 15 when the meeting was already finished. So glad for the Facenna's and hopefully this is the first of many more great meetings at Ashfield

• Like 3

A wonderful evening to cap a wonderful season for us . Huge crowd , brilliant track , entertaining racing , what more could a speedway fan want ? Glasgow looked a team possessed , determined to banish the disappointment of last week and our top 4 were immense . Newcastle had the exciting Lambert and to a lesser extent , Steve Worrall , but that was it . When they really needed a performance from Lindgren and Palovaara , they never delivered .

Saturday night's dinner dance will be a much happier occasion now .

Moment of the night was Danny Ayres bursting into tears when he arrived back from hospital and the whole bar chanted his name . Would have brought a tear to a glass eye that .

• Like 7

Many congratulations Glasgow. The hard work has finally been rewarded and justly so for the second placed team in the league. I hear you have signed BWD (NOT, hopefully)! :lol: As someone has mentioned "let the silly season begin".

• Like 2

Enjoy the racing at night under floodlights more atmosphere than afternoon ,plus track is not dust bowl like afternoon meetings.Tractor racing kept to a minimum.

• Like 1

Why is that because I thought last night's performance was shocking and then get berated for it because I don't attend anymore. That's my choice and it is also my right to have an opinion and again I say if you dont like it tough - don't comment or put me on ignore instead of trying to get clever and putting personal remarks.

you got to a cup final for gods sake and you've had a competitive side for several years now - you want to try supporting 35 miles south. You are of course free to have an opinion but its pretty unreasonable

• Like 4

Congrats to our friends through in the west deserved something for the amount of effort and money that has been pumped into the club.

We dont need a wish list,riders contact us as they know they will get paid

A lot more money.

• Like 1

Jings, I posted on the Newcastle thread last night by mistake..... Lucky I didn't get my head chewed off!!!

Better late than never..... Congrats to the Tiggers and commiserations to Newcastle. Hope Danny is ok

• Like 2

Superb meeting once it got going after ht2. Lambert was excellent as he couldnt gate and had to work his way through traffic, made all the more spectacular under floodlights. For once the outperforming guest reserve was on the home side and he didnt disappoint.

Thought it was poor of Michael Max asking each rider if they wanted to return. Bach was clearly uncomfortable and may not want to return for a full season but prefer to do as this year and return to the UK in May/June. It is obvious that each of the top four cannot return anyway and putting each rider on the spot like that was unfair IMO.

• Like 1

Superb meeting once it got going after ht2. Lambert was excellent as he couldnt gate and had to work his way through traffic, made all the more spectacular under floodlights. For once the outperforming guest reserve was on the home side and he didnt disappoint.

Thought it was poor of Michael Max asking each rider if they wanted to return. Bach was clearly uncomfortable and may not want to return for a full season but prefer to do as this year and return to the UK in May/June. It is obvious that each of the top four cannot return anyway and putting each rider on the spot like that was unfair IMO.

That's normal at the end of a season , riders just say what people want to hear and everybody's happy . Most people just take those kind of interviews with a pinch of salt

• Like 1

I thought Michael did a good job in what was a exciting chaotic situation. One wee criticism there were so many people on the centre green it was difficult to see everything and take personal photos but I'd love to have that problem every year 😊🐯🐯😊

• Like 1

Think if I was a Glasgow fan this morning I would be a bit p*ssed off that "the worlds leading speedway magazine doesn't have a picture or even mention the triumph on their front cover this week

Think if I was a Glasgow fan this morning I would be a bit p*ssed off that "the worlds leading speedway magazine doesn't have a picture or even mention the triumph on their front cover this week

It would probably have went to print before Monday night i would imagine next weeks edition will report it.

It would probably have went to print before Monday night i would imagine next weeks edition will report it.

It is printed on Tuesdays . There is a match report inside on page 24/25