British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Eastbourne V Birmingham Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sun 30th Oct

The League Champions take a 6 point lead to defend from the 1st leg

EASTBOURNE: Adam Ellis, Gary Cottham R/R, Ellis Perks, Georgie Wood, Jake Knight, Charley Powell, Tom Brennan, Nick Laurence (No. 8)

BIRMINGHAM: James Shanes, Danyon Hume R/R, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn

Eastbourne will be going all out to redeem themselves in front of their own shell-shocked fans, so the stage is set for a terrific battle. Good luck to both sets of riders and here's hoping for a great day's racing.

If Shanes is eligible why did Coles not ride Wednesday. The plot thickens what were they up to?

Don't understand the comment, please explain

There is an 8 day rule for using a guest and the thinking was that that was why eagles did not use Connor on Wednesday. So if thats the case, Hunters is asking why can they use Shanes tomorrow and if not, why did Eastie not use Coles on Wednesday?I think

Edited by stevec
  • Like 1

Go back and read a few posts either here or on the Eastbourne thread. I was asking whether the 8 day rule (banning a rider from guesting on the same away track within 8 days) applied in the NL, as this could have been why they put out an inadequate replacement for Wood instead of Connor Coles who they used the previous Week. I then said this would also preclude Shanes from riding tomorrow. The fact that he apparently is, means the rule does not apply to the NL. Why did Coles not ride Wednesday and more important why have they simply not communicated with the supporters as to their thinking when it was so obvious that they had put out a team of litle hope.

Nobody answered my question on the 8 day rule so we are probably all in the dark.

Hunters you're incorrect with your plot thickening theory.

19.13 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces a regular Team Member subject to the following:

19.13.1 The Guest assumes the position and MA of the Missing rider.

19.13.2 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration.

19.13.3 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period

unless he is either replacing the Home Teams #1. JAMES SHANES

19.13.4 A Guest rider in a "double-header" shall count as one Meeting only.

19.13.3 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period

unless he is either replacing the Home Teams #1. JAMES SHANES

er, but he's replacing the AWAY team's #1...

• Like 1

But 19.3.3 refers to home team number one, and James Shanes appears to be guesting for the AWAY team for the second time in 8 days.

I cant imagine drury not knowing the rules tbh

And yet he nominated the ineligible Darryl Ritchings for heat 15 last Wednesday.

So we are still in the dark. Only 7+ hours to tapes up on the final home meeting of the season and we don't know if Shanes is eligible or not and we don't even know if Georgie Wood is available or officially what the teams are.

There has been nothing on the web site at all about this match. I don't like to criticise after the performance of the last two seasons but it looks like a bad week for the promoters.

Talking about Georgie he was said to be off for personal reasons and I believe is partner is expecting. Yet he was off on the Wednesday, back on the Sunday, and off again on the Wednesday. Today who knows? Surely Birmingham is only a couple of hours further from Maidstone than Eastbourne.

• Like 1

So we are still in the dark. Only 7+ hours to tapes up on the final home meeting of the season and we don't know if Shanes is eligible or not and we don't even know if Georgie Wood is available or officially what the teams are.

There has been nothing on the web site at all about this match. I don't like to criticise after the performance of the last two seasons but it looks like a bad week for the promoters.

Talking about Georgie he was said to be off for personal reasons and I believe is partner is expecting. Yet he was off on the Wednesday, back on the Sunday, and off again on the Wednesday. Today who knows? Surely Birmingham is only a couple of hours further from Maidstone than Eastbourne.

Fair point. Not even having a preview on the website is very poor show.