British Speedway Forum

I wouldn't want him at Wolves in any capacity.

We know!

KK's form for Poole could stop them from being in top 4 and his potential form for Rye could stop us being in the top 4!

• Like 1

That's one of the problems with how some rules are worded by the BSPA/SCB - they can be open to misinterpretation.

In this particular case why not have 'heat 15 to be contested by 2 of the top 4 or 5 scorers from each side, based on programmed rides'!? (If r/r or IRR in operation then the highest scoring reserve could be nominated).

Not the way he's been riding, no.

but he was upping his game for Poole, he always does, you told us that so many times .....

• Like 2

I do wonder with KKS, he has often been erratic in his scoring but he seems to be on a constant low at the moment. There's no doubt he has the ability to be a top rider but maybe he has lost the desire now. Let's hope for speedway's sake that he can improve. I seem to remember that he nearly became a Robin's asset before riding for Poole. He had signed for the Robins but broke his arm before the season start & as he had not ridden for Swindon before the season start, no facility would have been allowed. Therefore, Swindon brought in another rider & then Poole signed him later in the season.

I do wonder with KKS, he has often been erratic in his scoring but he seems to be on a constant low at the moment. There's no doubt he has the ability to be a top rider but maybe he has lost the desire now. Let's hope for speedway's sake that he can improve. I seem to remember that he nearly became a Robin's asset before riding for Poole. He had signed for the Robins but broke his arm before the season start & as he had not ridden for Swindon before the season start, no facility would have been allowed. Therefore, Swindon brought in another rider & then Poole signed him later in the season.

Think you might mean KK.

KKS is the complete idiot with multiple ids on this forum.

• Like 4

Think you might mean KK.

Yeah but his ridings probably the same as KK.

• Like 2

That's right.

If you look at the results sheets on the SGB website (I chose Ipswich v Edinburgh form Thursday, http://www.speedwaygb.co/17results/ipswich_27.07.17_res.pdf ) you can see how the referee checks the team managers' nominations. The red 'ST' column to the right of the scorecards shows the applicable score for Ht 15 nominations.

Ipswich made no changes, so their figures are easy to understand.

For example, King 3, 1', 3, 2 (four programmed rides) = 9+1 = 10 in ST column, his 5th ride being Ht 15. The same for Heeps, and the other five riders took only their four programmed rides.

For Edinburgh, Pickering took 6 rides. His four programmed rides (only three taken) are shown in black - 2, 0, RS, 1' = 4 as per the ST column. The three replacement rides are shown in red and count to his meeting score but not the ST score. So although Pickering was third highest scorer, he was not eligible for Ht 15 as the bulk of his points were scored in replacement rides.

If Gambo sees this thread I'm sure he can expand on this, as he wrote the spreadsheet!

Couldn't have explained it better myself! ;)

That's one of the problems with how some rules are worded by the BSPA/SCB - they can be open to misinterpretation.

In this particular case why not have 'heat 15 to be contested by 2 of the top 4 or 5 scorers from each side, based on programmed rides'!? (If r/r or IRR in operation then the highest scoring reserve could be nominated).

Tbf the rule is quite clear in this instance. It's just the 2nd time in a handful of days that stevebrum has quoted a rule to prove his point, but totally misinterpreted the rule.

To be fair, he's far from an idiot.

To be fair, he's far from an idiot.

Really? How do you work that one out?

• Like 2

His form in Poland mirrors his form for Poole. All over the place. Certainly helped today with his partner pushing riders out of the way. Nasty tumble but seems ok.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

A former GP rider riding at reserve you couldn't make it up, the rules are stupid for allowing it.

A former GP rider riding at reserve you couldn't make it up, the rules are stupid for allowing it.

Both Chris Holder and Jacob Thorssell have been at reserve in Sweden this year.

If you aren't performing well that's the consequence.

• Like 1

Both Chris Holder and Jacob Thorssell have been at reserve in Sweden this year.

If you aren't performing well that's the consequence.

Even more remarkably, Maciej Janowski dropped down to reserve for Dackarna in one round of the Swedish League this season!

• Like 1