British Speedway Forum

Anyone know what averages are being used for Barker and Sedgman, - and the other Rye riders - as the 'official' BSPA figures would seem to suggest these changes are not possible under the new 42 team building limit?!

Or maybe my abacus is a bit warped!

Anyone know what averages are being used for Barker and Sedgman, - and the other Rye riders - as the 'official' BSPA figures would seem to suggest these changes are not possible under the new 42 team building limit?!

Perhaps the RH promotion have got hold of the wrong average sheets?

They are probably working off the info reserved for Matt. :lol:

Oh for the 'good old days' when teams were REAL club sides and the same basic squad was featured season-on-season.

Those days it was run for the good of the sport and not promoters egos winning was an aside.

I'm assuming Barkers average has been reduced as he will be riding in a slightly tougher league.Jorgensen at Lynn was signed on a 7.3 then immediately dropped to 6.08 once the 42pt average kicked in.He is still 7.3 at Workington.So i would say Barker has gained an average slightly lower than Jorgensen's so would fit into the 42pt limit with Rye House.

Just a side thought,although Rye House have done nothing wrong,these moves just highlight what is wrong with British speedway.Two British riders are out of a Job and an Aussie now has 2 again.I guess this sort of issue doesn't just happen in speedway though at the moment.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Agreed. More behind the scenes magic from the BSPA. No transparency and impossible for fans to follow!

Some people moan about the amount of doubling up riders theses days, and others were moaning that Eddie wasn't doing enough meetings. No matter what you do you will never please everyone. People want success and to me it looks like BMR are doing all they can to achieve it.

Kennett might be loyal, British blah blah blah but an away average of 3.68 is unacceptable v 10.14 at home, correct decision to get rid. If anyone can feel hard done by it's Perks who's done little, if anything, wrong. His away average of 5.00 rather puts Kennett's efforts into prospective.

• Like 3

Very poor decisions by Rye House IMHO. Yes Kennett has had a poor year away but a 10 point rider at home is not easy to find. Add in that he has been stuck at number 1 all season because neither Scotty or Bomber have upped their games either.

Now Eddies average has dropped another club will benefit rather than Rye.

Then on to poor Ellis Perks who has been the star of the new system and is dumped due to numbers. Hardly inspiring any riders to want to step up. Ive no doubt he will get picked up elsewhere but his life will get tougher as he is now saddled with a higher average. If he fails to secure a new team place the Rye promotion should hang their heads at stifling the progress of a talented young Brit/Aussie.

• Like 1

Don't see what the fuss is about. Barker and Sedgmen should easily outscore those being replaced home and away! Kennett was never a heat leader in this league although I bet Poole wish his average was less than Klindt's as they would sign him in a heartbeat - shame!

On balance, I think this is a good move for Rye House. They are suffering a similar problem as several teams, too many reserve-standard riders, so losing Perks, albeit a harsh choice, allows everyone to move down a spot.

In terms of Kennett, overall I think he has underperformed and by bringing in Barker and Sedgmen it gives Rye House a much better balance across the whole team.

• Like 2

Personally I hate the way that teams are run these days with no rider ever feeling that their team place is secure. I come from the era when

all riders were identified with the teams they rode for. Nowadays each of us have to learn to love new favourites every season, and even in

mid season even more new ones. At Rye House Kennett has given superb service for many years and now, with the "Win at all costs"

philosophy, he's out of work..

• Like 1

Personally I hate the way that teams are run these days with no rider ever feeling that their team place is secure. I come from the era when

all riders were identified with the teams they rode for. Nowadays each of us have to learn to love new favourites every season, and even in

mid season even more new ones. At Rye House Kennett has given superb service for many years and now, with the "Win at all costs"

philosophy, he's out of work..

It's a results based sport - if someone under performs they can expect to be released. Of course, if you don't want to win anything then you should have kept him :rolleyes: Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Issue 1 9.27.

Issue 15 6.88.

Says it all about Kennett.

It's a results based sport - if someone under performs they can expect to be released. Of course, if you don't want to win anything then you should have kept him :rolleyes:

True but always harsh on riders like Perks who improve and then get the chop.

Don't see what the fuss is about. Barker and Sedgmen should easily outscore those being replaced home and away! Kennett was never a heat leader in this league although I bet Poole wish his average was less than Klindt's as they would sign him in a heartbeat - shame!

Just not seeing it personally. At home Kennett and Perks are good for the best part of 17 points between them. Can you see Sedgmen and Barker doing that? OK Robbo will get a couple more so they need 15. Not going to happen. Now I know you'll argue that they may lose a couple at home but they'll gain a couple away but that then means that the 2 close home meetings they had become losses and the few big away losses become only slightly big away losses. I could understand if they kept scoring 44 or 41 away everywhere, they need a couple more point to get over the line but they're not.

Speedway, IMO, is about keeping your fans happy, that means winning your home meetings. Anything away is a bonus for the 3-4% of your fans that do go away from home.