British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

Thanks for all the comments about Jamie.... Having watched him he does have a great chance and its a learning curve for him..... I think Thursday is going to be a tough meeting for him though as we have purposely put together a strong Vince Mapley Memorial and it will only be his 4th real session but it will show him what he needs to do unless he has a cracker in which case we will all be very happy......either way, he is a great lad and one thing is for sure, we will give him his chance, a good chance, and support his progress.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the comments about Jamie.... Having watched him he does have a great chance and its a learning curve for him..... I think Thursday is going to be a tough meeting for him though as we have purposely put together a strong Vince Mapley Memorial and it will only be his 4th real session but it will show him what he needs to do unless he has a cracker in which case we will all be very happy......either way, he is a great lad and one thing is for sure, we will give him his chance, a good chance, and support his progress.

As with almost everything the new promotion has done I applaud your approach and just hope Jamie is ready and safe for NL racing. There has been a dramatic upturn over the past couple of seasons of riders included with limited experience and in my view the safety of all riders competing is down to the promotions who track them (not implying that is the case here as I know nothing about the lad).

Fingers crossed it works out for all involved.

As with almost everything the new promotion has done I applaud your approach and just hope Jamie is ready and safe for NL racing. There has been a dramatic upturn over the past couple of seasons of riders included with limited experience and in my view the safety of all riders competing is down to the promotions who track them (not implying that is the case here as I know nothing about the lad).

Fingers crossed it works out for all involved.

Completely agree with you but unfortunately with the points limit reduction and also losing our case with Harland Cook (which I still am completely sure is incorrect but we have to obey it) - we are left with little option. And by the way it is not really down to the promoters more the restraints with which we find ourselves in - my personal view is the points limit should be 42 every year)

But you are right and there are some riders who in my view need to undertake a very quick learning curve and speed increase especially around our track, but I am hopeful that Jamie will make the grade and should he not then it is us who have failed him and we take that personally. What I really like about Jamie so far is that he keeps getting quicker and with faster riders around him this will, we hope, continue. In any case we have to put on a show and he needs to be part of that one way or another... and he is starting by going on TV next Friday (glamour boy haha)

Lets see but whatever I can assure you I will put on the best display and show I can, in the best surrounds I can, the best way I can....I am always open to listen and I hope those of you who visit will see some of the changes we implemented this year including some that I read on the forum such as Young Adult Pricing... See you trackside I hope in 2017...do grab me and give me you thoughts... I am usually leaping around in a yellow and blue shirt

Barry

• Like 4

Completely agree with you but unfortunately with the points limit reduction and also losing our case with Harland Cook (which I still am completely sure is incorrect but we have to obey it) - we are left with little option. And by the way it is not really down to the promoters more the restraints with which we find ourselves in - my personal view is the points limit should be 42 every year)

But you are right and there are some riders who in my view need to undertake a very quick learning curve and speed increase especially around our track, but I am hopeful that Jamie will make the grade and should he not then it is us who have failed him and we take that personally. What I really like about Jamie so far is that he keeps getting quicker and with faster riders around him this will, we hope, continue. In any case we have to put on a show and he needs to be part of that one way or another... and he is starting by going on TV next Friday (glamour boy haha)

Lets see but whatever I can assure you I will put on the best display and show I can, in the best surrounds I can, the best way I can....I am always open to listen and I hope those of you who visit will see some of the changes we implemented this year including some that I read on the forum such as Young Adult Pricing... See you trackside I hope in 2017...do grab me and give me you thoughts... I am usually leaping around in a yellow and blue shirt

Barry

if you're leaping about that much i hope you at least have a pair of shorts on as well , good luck.

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1

Months ago I thought the points limit should be fixed for 2,preferably 3 years, and that was 40 last year and to me seemed about right. Would have also meant you would have had Harland Cook, and given some slightly different options to other teams.Certainly shouldn't reduce it any further next year.

Edited by gazzac

Barry

How many other promoter's listen to the fans like Barry?? The best promotion in the NL and probably the best in the country at engaging with locals 👍🏻

• Like 1

Nathan Greaves signs for Ipswich and will continue with Warriors when Ippo commitments allow or until IOW redeclare. Guests permitted in meantime. On track the Warriors are in melt down, but have an opportunity to restructure for the better.

Nathan Greaves signs for Ipswich and will continue with Warriors when Ippo commitments allow or until IOW redeclare. Guests permitted in meantime. On track the Warriors are in melt down, but have an opportunity to restructure for the better.

Its all well and good saying restructure, but who is available ?.

James Shanes would be a great signing for the island. He is excellent around smallbrook.

• Like 1

Cook & Coles (if he's released by Eastbourne) to come in for Greaves and a reserve? Nevertheless I'd keep Greaves as long as possible, he's been going well this season.

I know the rules allow this, but I don't think the bspa should allow a rider to sign for a club (doubling up or down) that has the same race night as the riders original club.

A right kick in the teeth for common decency for me.

• Like 1

I know the rules allow this, but I don't think the bspa should allow a rider to sign for a club (doubling up or down) that has the same race night as the riders original club.

A right kick in the teeth for common decency for me.

Craig Cook was refused permission to do this last season. It seems that the NL is being treated as the poor relation again.

EDIT:

Rob Godfrey, 16/05/16:

'You simply cannot sign a rider when he already rides for a club on your racenight'.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Feel for the IOW but it's all about rider progression surely? Greaves needs to be riding in the Championship and if that's at the expense of his NL spot then so be it, as unfortunate as that is.

Good to see Chris Louis issuing an apology.

• Like 1

Feel for the IOW but it's all about rider progression surely? Greaves needs to be riding in the Championship and if that's at the expense of his NL spot then so be it, as unfortunate as that is.

Good to see Chris Louis issuing an apology.

A rider might want to progress from the Championship to the Premiership for exactly the same reason.

Under the ruling made in respect of Craig Cook last season, that would be refused.

I really don't see the difference.