British Speedway Forum

Tbf Eurosport have been plugging it for a while. That said I posted at 5pm speedway live on Eurosport on my facebook and the amount of people who only knew about it because I had posted.

I ended up watching it twice as my dad turned up at 8 as he did not know it was on.

I would suggest that people take more note of what is on the British Speedway forum !!

my thread of the 22nd March http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83760&page=1 and the match thread on the international section both mentioned it was live on TV.

video with polish commentary is here https://www.youtube....h?v=S4CSc-qlupA

• Like 1

Make me No. 6 - I didn't know either. :sad:

Thanks r&r - I will have to pay more attention. :t:

The trouble is my memory isn't very good. If I get up to go to the loo - I've forgotten by the time I get back. :sad:

No hope for me I'm afraid. :sad:

I'm not ill or anything - just a very bad memory. :t::)

Why the hell should our British speedway magazine support Polish speedway when they are trying hard to stop any top rider from racing in the UK .....

Why the hell should our British speedway magazine support Polish speedway when they are trying hard to stop any top rider from racing in the UK .....

For me the international section is easily the most interesting bit of the Star. However I don't really understand how anyone can get excited over who wins out of Team Boll or Team Fogo.

Three or four column inches giving the basic information (venue, date, line-ups and TV coverage details) was all it really warranted.

It's a rare opportunity to watch riders like Maxim Drabik, and to see who's rusty and who's ready to race but I suspect that by round 3 when our season is in full swing it will be even more peripheral.

• Like 2

Yeah last year I struggled to be engaged by the sponsor teams, with only the Monster Boys being heavily associated with their brand.

I also think with Torun they should run a junior meeting first, as the big overtaking lines really develop after 15 or 16 heats....

Can't argue that it's not a good show though. The race suits, the buzz about it amongst the competitors. As meaningless as it is to us it's great to see the elite do battle. I brought it up on here just to ask why there wasn't any mention of a meeting with a field only 2nd arguably to the grand prix in the star. I wondered if phil rising was going to give a reason on it.

Is there pressure to cut back on some of the coverage from the British promoters. As much as I am a bspa sympathiser. Their stance on the European meetings is holding British riders back. Cook, king, lambert, worral, Newman, Ellis ect would all benefit big time having a run in these meetings.

For the star not to mention a field that strong I and many others I spoke to found interesting.

The pairs meeting may be irrelevant and not important...I certainly can't get excited about it.....but when I.put it on it didn't half make speedway look professional with the bikes and suits...it looked fantastic and that's half the battle to gaining a new audience.

The bumper edition of the Star arrived today, a bit soggy but soon dried out!

So Brian Havelock did the Championship prediction for 2017 and while I have every respect for Brian (Workys No1 when I started watching) I cannot believe he rated Ipswich in 9th place and yet Workington in 2nd place......oh well each to their own. :approve:

The pre-season preview SS, is my favourite read of the year, I cover mine in sticky back plastic to keep it strong all year!

I ask the same question every year when the season preview edition comes out- are there any BSF members that have done the "fan predictions" this season ??( and want to come out of the closet ;) )

Edited by racers and royals

I ask the same question every year when the season preview edition comes out- are there any BSF members that have done the "fan predictions" this season ??( and want to come out of the closet ;) )

I await to see who did Berwick`s this year, I did the preview and review last season, but wasn't asked this time round.

Not that it matters. :cry::cry::cry:

• Like 1

I await to see who did Berwick`s this year, I did the preview and review last season, but wasn't asked this time round.

Not that it matters. :cry::cry::cry:

Scott Demspey aged 52 painter and Decorator from Berwick.

Edited by racers and royals