British Speedway Forum

British Speedway p0814.gif

Not quite Danny, that clown managed to inflate the balloon, I doubt the BSPA could do that!

• Like 4

So clearly an attempt to resolve their technical issues by recording a 7min 54 sec video which is now on facebook.

However it stops in mid-question so maybe there will be several 7minute clips to follow?!

Buster's had an email from Coventry but cannot reveal its contents before discussing with other members of the MC and others 'in speedway'!!

Sadly the technical problems were expected by many and even more sadly that is what happened! Speedway's tendency to shoot itself in the foot comes to pass again. Thankfully not many in the outside world know ( or care ) about speedway and what is happening to it. Just as the all too regular problem of the starting tapes not working at matches ( since time immemorial ) it's a case of 'ere we go again.

So clearly an attempt to resolve their technical issues by recording a 7min 54 sec video which is now on facebook.

However it stops in mid-question so maybe there will be several 7minute clips to follow?!

Buster's had an email from Coventry but cannot reveal its contents before discussing with other members of the MC and others 'in speedway'!!

4 mini videos to watch now on facebook although there didn't seem to be enough 'deep and searching' questions!!

Edited by Skidder1

Told us nothing we didn't already know.

Well this broadcast/podcast was typical speedway.

Promised a lot, then

failed to start on time

tapes/link broke

no announcement (on the unbroken twitter) of what the delay was

eventually the tractor stopped going round and we got the first 4 heats (or set of questions),

then another delay because of the sun

and we got another 4 heats

then another interval cos that's the professional way to treat fans

then another 4 heats

then yet another interval just make sure fans were really P'd off

and finally the last 3 heats in which the most important question of the day was not answered i.e. Does Coventry run.

Apologies if the important question was answered earlier but I simply can't be arsed to watch it :oops::cry:

EDITED to add

I've just looked at the SpeedwayGB facebook site and there isn't a word of apology for the inconvenience.....why doesn't that surprise me :mad:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

Really shows what a mess Speedway is in when he spoke about League Sponsorship.

So they have spoken to BIG companies etc but still NO sponsors.

As NP said Speedway has been on Sky for 15 odd years,yet still nothing.

And I thought he was very corny the way he spoke about attendance figures (or should I say) lack of them. :nono:

Even the chairman said the sooner a chef executive takes over the running of the BSPA the better, that says every thing

• Like 4

I don't understand what everybody was expecting. A Jose marinio style press conference? More questions were answered than in that type of interview.

The guy gave us his opinions on different matters. He isn't media trained but it was his best.

This is a minority sport in this country and like anything minor, standards will be low. things do go wrong. So what.

I love the way everybody looks for holes to pick in everything. Billy big nuts with their false names thinking they have the answers to everything. This forum is a joke. Some people have good points but Jesus. It's amazing the way people slate things when they are anonymous on a keyboard.

Thank god speedway promoters exist and thank god there is a governing body. All on peanuts if that through speedway in the main. Devoting a lot of time. Without them there is no sport. Keep moaning and wingeing. This forum and some of its fans is the biggest joke . What's all this negativity achieve.

I don't know why they bothered because it was always going to get ripped apart. Hiding to nothing.

• Like 7

Just watched Buster`s interview from the BSPA site and I enjoyed it, I thought he came over well and spoke a lot of sense.

Looks like their will be trouble ahead regarding riders who choose to ride in Poland.

• Like 3