British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

The Sky money has been severely wasted....

As was any opportunity for those running British speedway to be paid money from the GPs, which could have been spent on the training etc of the British youngsters and Team.

The members of the bspa do not seem to be that switched on as far as forward thinking and income planning goes.

• Like 1

Speedway on tv is best as a highlights package so the delays can be cut out. When it's live and there's a delay there's the temptation to switch over then not switch back

There is no sport including Speedway that is better in a hlghlights package. You cannot beat a live show

• Like 3

There is no sport including Speedway that is better in a hlghlights package. You cannot beat a live show

Really? I think cricket, especially test matches, is much better.

• Like 1

On a positive note at least there will be British Speedway on tv in 2017 and have already heard some good things about the coverage

You mean there won't be any Sir Shoutalot this year???

On a positive note at least there will be British Speedway on tv in 2017 and have already heard some good things about the coverage

So with that statement, as you appear to be connected with Sky and not BT, can we say that speedway stays on Sky?

American Football is far better highlighted in my view...what with all the stop/start that goes on and/or commercial breaks!

Back in the eighties I attended two live games at Wembley and it tested my patience for sure!

Edited by steve roberts

The commentators are 'freelance' so will undoubtedly be available to whoever wants them!!?

So will it be You-tube, Amazon or Netflix? ;-)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

...So will it be You-tube, Amazon or Netflix? ;-)

Wow, that's a bit of a space age question about a sport that's run from the stone age.

The BSPA are contracted to Terry Russell's GoSpeed International Ltd for ALL their media dealings. I'm not sure that Terry Russell knows what a Netflick is and he probably still has wet dreams about Amazons of a completely different kind to the ones that Jeremy Clarkson & Co are contracted to.

Don't hold your breath about this situation, that's all I can say...

......mikebv.......Even tracks like Wolves should have huge adverts down the back straight blocking the emptiness, with the next meeting info slap bang in the middle.

Or......a massive mural of human figures making it look as if the back straight is packed. As the camera only wizzes by concentrating on the riders no-one at home would notice they're not real. :P

• Like 2

Skidder1- You are partly right commentators are freelance but there is a contractual stipulation that if you accept work for Sky sports that you don't work for a couple of competitors as well.

Have to disagree, I like watching the pl darts but would always watch it on catch up which in effect turns it into a highlights package. Then again thinking about it with speedway I tend to tune in about 45 minutes after its started and watch on catch up. This is league meetings, when the gps were on sky I enjoyed watching live but that was proberly more to do with it being a Saturday night,wine and curry

• Like 1

Hopefully they'll hire the 'dream team' of Ermolenko and Havelock.

Insightful analysis from former world champions, plus the viewer gets the chance to learn two new languages.

Everyone's a winner!

This has got to be a windup. Havvy and Straightaway Sam, you're having a laugh.

• Like 3

This has got to be a windup. Havvy and Straightaway Sam, you're having a laugh.

Whoosh ?

• Like 3

Or......a massive mural of human figures making it look as if the back straight is packed. As the camera only wizzes by concentrating on the riders no-one at home would notice they're not real. :P

Or make tracks smaller... the size of my living room, which is crammed with just the two of us in it! They'll be sell-outs every week.