British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Sheffield Sgbc 25/03/17 7.30pm

would be common sense but wasnt there always the thing about having had to have ridden in an official match?

We had Ross Brady ( 2007 or there abouts ) who got injured on an artificial ski slope a week before that season was due to start . We were able to use the r/r facility until he was fit .

• Like 1

would be common sense but wasnt there always the thing about having had to have ridden in an official match?

I think that applies to re declarations, should be ok for RR as this is a speedway injury but as fourth in the averages it doesn't help much.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Technically no facility is allowed but the BSPA/SCB rightly use common sense. I'd be amazed if R/R wasn't allowed.

Confirmed R/R for Newman this evening, with Heeps moving to #4.

Not a great start and has made an already tricky opening fixture even harder.

• Like 1

Gonna be closer now.

At least the sun is shining on the righteous whoever they might be.

Not easy at all. Kyle's rides can be taken by Rory, Cam and reserves. The management will have an early decision to make as to whether or not a short-term replacement is needed - James Sarjeant?

Rob Branford will clean up!!

yeah you'd think so. We got two of the plum 2 pointers in Hume and Mountain and hopes are high for both of them, but they'll have their work cut out this evening that's for sure!

Branford and the super talented JPB look a very good reserve pairing.

The clashes between the four of them is what I'm most looking forward to this evening it's going to be interesting.

Not easy at all. Kyle's rides can be taken by Rory, Cam and reserves. The management will have an early decision to make as to whether or not a short-term replacement is needed - James Sarjeant?

Thats always the danger when you build the way we have though with a strong top 5 and two 2 pointers at reserve.

You always run the risk of looking a bit vulnerable when one of the top 5 is missing but it's still my preferred way to build a team over strength in depth.

As I say hopes are high for Mountain and Hume they're certainly going places but it does make us look a little vulnerable when they take a couple of rides off one of the top 5.

Still think we can win but it's a really hard one to call. Wouldn't be surprised if either team win or it ended in a draw!

Didn't think riding positions were allowed to be altered after riding order declared several days before the match.

Didn't think riding positions were allowed to be altered after riding order declared several days before the match.

I think youre correct.

Sheffield must have agreed to it for it to happen.

If so fair play to them - plenty of sides wouldnt have.

Looking neat.

Shame the portakabins are so expensive it's going to be baltic later on.

Big early test for both teams.

Ipswich to see how well they can cover for a missing rider.

Sheffield to see how much they can take advantage of a weakened Ipswich team.

I think we have let Ipswich off the hook by allowing them to change their rider positions.

I would have put a stop to that, and I would have also question the use of Rider Replacement for Kyle Newman, if the rule states that only a National League Guest rider should be used then so be it.

Big early test for both teams.

Ipswich to see how well they can cover for a missing rider.

Sheffield to see how much they can take advantage of a weakened Ipswich team.

I think we have let Ipswich off the hook by allowing them to change their rider positions.

I would have put a stop to that, and I would have also question the use of Rider Replacement for Kyle Newman, if the rule states that only a National League Guest rider should be used then so be it.

This is the ruling:

16.5.2 For an absent rider with (a) an assessed MA, or has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season, a 28-day Facility may be granted at MC’s discretion

Presumably, Ipswich have the necessary permission to use RR.

Edited by tocha

A great meeting to start the season with, a great guide both teams look like they will be in the mix come the end of the season.Without Newman it will be difficult but i believe the reserves will decide the meeting tonight.A home win for me maybe the home practice will make the difference.