British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 5/4/17 And Belle Vue V Poole 7/4/17 Ko Cup.

So Belle Vue won because they now know the racing lines and best set ups for the NSS. A bit like every other home team then, it's called home track advantage. Poole had those advantages in the home leg and yet could manage only a lucky 2 point win.

The truth is that this Poole team are mediocre, they will be stronger when Newman returns and hopefully KK will find form. I was impressed by Shanes despite his poor points return.

Once again we were entertained by some brilliant racing. Craig Cook was majestic and was never challenged but the real highlight for me was our two reserves. Bewley was so smooth, so assured and so fast. His winning times were in line with all of the other races, his heat 2 win was faster than KK in heat 1. Smith was delighted to have beaten Andersen and deservedly so. Both these young English riders are great prospects and will benefit from riding in all 3 leagues. It's difficult to believe that Bewley hasn't yet ridden for one full season.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 6

Video of heat 7 from last night. http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32025

What a great ride from young Bewley that was!

Not sure what Kurtz was doing just hugging the fence. Gave Bewley the whole of the rest of the track he needed to be a bit more defensive. It isnt just about ridng high wide and fast.

That race had nothing to do with set ups but just track craft........what a star Bewley will end up being

• Like 4

Great to see the young Brit putting the young Aussie to the sword.

• Like 4

I have not been excited about a young English rider for a long long time maybe since Lee.What a ride that was against Kurtz i saw Bewley on Thursday he only scored three but he really impressed me Smith as well was on the pace and had a nice heat win.Going back to Poole this side is not good anough and changes are needed.

Awesome,simply awesome.

Bewley is just so unruffled its beyond belief. He really doesn't care who he is racing against, he just rides his own race.

What is extraordinary is that two Speedy Star correspondents have picked the team with him in to finish bottom of the NL. :o:icon_smile_clown::rofl:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Delighted to have Dan Bewley and Jack Smith at Glasgow this season, looking forward to see how they progress, Belle Vue is the team to watch in the premiership. I need to try and get down for a meeting there

• Like 2

just a beautiful speedway track sure makes ours look pitiful.

This track makes you feel that you are in Speedway heaven.

• Like 2

just a beautiful speedway track sure makes ours look pitiful.

That's part of the sadness of it. Wimborne Road is a superb racing track, its just that for years its needed ripping up and re-laying.

Its now so bad that even a track curator of Gerard Richter's quality can't do anything with it.

That's part of the sadness of it. Wimborne Road is a superb racing track, its just that for years its needed ripping up and re-laying.

Its now so bad that even a track curator of Gerard Richter's quality can't do anything with it.

Pooles track was redone last season. After the Darcy call off the trackstaff seem afraid to overwater it so it goes very slick after 6 heats.