British Speedway Forum

Very please for Robert Lambert to have won it this year as he was a class apart from the field. Imagine the embarrassment had Nathan Greaves won, having only won one race all night, but using this format it could have happened.

What is alarming is the lack of talented kids coming through. Take away Lambert, Ellis, Bates and Perks and the standard is quite poor. We must be a millions miles behind Poland bring their talented youngsters through...

Polish riders have unlimited practice and seemingly unlimited financial backing, we don't have either. I'm quite pleased with the recent progress of Bewley and Perks.

• Like 5

Huge congratulations to Robert Lambert and Hurray for the emergence so quickly of Dan Bewley at this level, With Ellis Perks and Adam Ellis that is a quartet of young British riders who could and may go on to the world class level ( with the right support & finances ) and into the GP - flying the flag for Britain.

What is alarming is the lack of talented kids coming through. Take away Lambert, Ellis, Bates and Perks and the standard is quite poor. We must be a millions miles behind Poland bring their talented youngsters through...

Strange,on another thread about the "two pointers" Steve Hone is saying there are a good number of taented youngsters coming through,Think Tsunami has also said a few look good.All a matter of opinion of course and some will look good now and never really progress that far,but fingers crossed a couple do

Just look at Denmark.All of a sudden a few good kids came through.Jepsen Jensen,Bech and Michelsen and Phillip Rising said the next lot would be even better as he heard from Gundersen,but where are they?Been 7 years or more since those riders stepped up and Denmark hasn't produced any rider better since

Very happy for Robert.Maybe that will boost him even further

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

The original point was that the same three riders have finished on the rostrum. I think there is a little bit of a gap between these three and the rest with Bewley probably in the middle, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he was better than Bates and perhaps Ellis this time next year. After that you have a group containing some riders who will improve and some who won't, but hopes are high for Smith, JPB, Hume and one or two others with Bickley, Jenkins and Brennan next in line. Think we have plenty to look forward to.

• Like 7

If we carry on putting on meetings with track condition like last night there won't be many going. It makes you think is Matt running is business down because where I'm sat it certainly looks like it.congratulation to all the rider's for giving it a go on such a poor track congrats to Robert Lambert for winning it and unlucky to James for being excluded in a all four back situation barbara horley is a poor referee

• Like 1

Of all the track surfaces in the top league the wimborne road one is a very long last,bumpy , patchy and always underwatered. A horror of a track these days

It's been quite an eye opener this year on the amount of fans who are we'll criticising their own tracks this year both on the amount of dirt and watering leading to processional racing and dust bowls.

Whilst it's always difficult to run a meeting in hot sunshine and keep a track properly watered it shouldn't be difficult for evening matches, no excuses it's just poor preparation.

• Like 1

The meeting should get the status it deserves at least on a Friday/Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. Our younguns deserve better BSPA!

Of all the track surfaces in the top league the wimborne road one is a very long last,bumpy , patchy and always underwatered. A horror of a track these days

It's about time the club bought themselves a water bowser, how unprofessional do hosepipes look? All the money that Matt has earn't from the Poole public over the years but how much has he invested into the track?

The original point was that the same three riders have finished on the rostrum. I think there is a little bit of a gap between these three and the rest with Bewley probably in the middle, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he was better than Bates and perhaps Ellis this time next year. After that you have a group containing some riders who will improve and some who won't, but hopes are high for Smith, JPB, Hume and one or two others with Bickley, Jenkins and Brennan next in line. Think we have plenty to look forward to.

Yes we do, looking forward to watching them progress!
  • Like 2

Is the lower crowd attendance just a feature of Poole speedway, or is it something generally going on.??

I am wondering after years of paying supporters grumbling about British speedway being down in the dumps (for all sorts of given reasons) whether this year they are voting with their feet and staying away from stadiums that dont give value for money.

After all, many on here say BSPA are not listening to the paying public, well maybe could it be this year are showing their disgruntlement...... bt not showing up.

A generation ago the British Junior Chanmpionship had a different winner each year because any winner was then not allowed to enter subsequent years even if still young enough. I think this has merit today as i'm not sure what benefit there is in Robert competing and winning again next year.

• Like 1

A generation ago the British Junior Chanmpionship had a different winner each year because any winner was then not allowed to enter subsequent years even if still young enough. I think this has merit today as i'm not sure what benefit there is in Robert competing and winning again next year.

Believe me on this one, you will NOT see Lambert in the U21 next year

Is the lower crowd attendance just a feature of Poole speedway, or is it something generally going on.??

I am wondering after years of paying supporters grumbling about British speedway being down in the dumps (for all sorts of given reasons) whether this year they are voting with their feet and staying away from stadiums that dont give value for money.

After all, many on here say BSPA are not listening to the paying public, well maybe could it be this year are showing their disgruntlement...... bt not showing up.

Nothing wrong with the quality of racing and crowds so far, from what I've seen at Swindon and Somerset. Where do you watch your speedway?

• Like 1

Poole is an excellent shape and can produce great racing. The track curator needs a kick up the backside or be relieved of his duties.

• Like 4