British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Belle Vue - 19 April 2017

Never had a problem with the racing at Lynn when Huggy was in the job. Lay downs being used then and Stock Car racing shared the track.

So Barrie's things down to either shake or the person doing the track. Or a combo of both.

I feel for Buster a little because he'll be between a rock and a hard place now with regards the track.

2 home meetings done in good time with less track grading, what us fans were looking for plus an option of racing lines untampered with.

Problem is and what we've end up with is that build up of dirt round the outside that adds nothing to the racing and the inside is a dust storm.

So as fans, do we continue with the dust storm and swift meetings or a more regular track grade to bring dirt back down again?

As bad as the racing has been over the last decade it was never as bad as this meeting.

• Like 1

Semion are you related to Huggy? Or maybe you are Huggy :D

• Like 1

I feel for Buster a little because he'll be between a rock and a hard place now with regards the track.

2 home meetings done in good time with less track grading, what us fans were looking for plus an option of racing lines untampered with.

Problem is and what we've end up with is that build up of dirt round the outside that adds nothing to the racing and the inside is a dust storm.

So as fans, do we continue with the dust storm and swift meetings or a more regular track grade to bring dirt back down again?

As bad as the racing has been over the last decade it was never as bad as this meeting.

I don't think it's due to the track not being graded as much as last year as the racing was poor then as well, and we saw more tractor racing than speedway 😂 I think you will find it's the shale they use now which is causing the issue so I have been informed. the shale they use now is better for stock car racing and not for speedway as it does not bind together like the old shale which in turn makes the track go slick more quickly. maybe if Jonathan Chapman reads this he can clarify a bit more. Also I don't know if the big magnet they use to use on the front of the tractor is being used anymore as at the last meeting my friends boy was hit on the chest with a 17mm locknut a bit higher up and it could of been life threatening or a lose of sight in a eye ☹️

Edited by lynnboy

Semion are you related to Huggy? Or maybe you are Huggy :D

Bugger, I've been sussed out.😀

Truth be told I wasn't that keen on the guy, as a person, however I could still appreciate the decent job he did. Allowing him to leave in that manner wasn't the greatest piece of man management. I guess someone was flexing their muscles that night. Still what goes around comes around,

Edited by semion

Bugger, I've been sussed out.

Truth be told I wasn't that keen on the guy, as a person, however I could still appreciate the decent job he did. Allowing him to leave in that manner wasn't the greatest piece of man management. I guess someone was flexing their muscles that night. Still what goes around comes around,

I don't think the full story was told on that night.

Although Buster lost his rag it was the threat of the referee reporting the incident to the SCB which would of seen Lynn's license suspended as they were on a last warning regards to H&S I'd been told

I don't think it's due to the track not being graded as much as last year as the racing was poor then as well, and we saw more tractor racing than speedway I think you will find it's the shale they use now which is causing the issue so I have been informed. the shale they use now is better for stock car racing and not for speedway as it does not bind together like the old shale which in turn makes the track go slick more quickly. maybe if Jonathan Chapman reads this he can clarify a bit more. Also I don't know if the big magnet they use to use on the front of the tractor is being used anymore as at the last meeting my friends boy was hit on the chest with a 17mm locknut a bit higher up and it could of been life threatening or a lose of sight in a eye ☹️

Thing is week in week out Robert Lambert proves the track can be raced on, why can he find ground to pass and nobody else?

I'm on the same side as Gordon Bennett now (who's said it for years now tbf :lol: ) the track shape has to be altered.

Bringing the track in to about 310 meters, shortening the length of the straights and increase the banking would see a massive change regardless of the shale used.

What really happened was that the Aces riders gated fasted in almost every heat and never mind the track, modern bikes mean that if riders make no mistakes they will retain their positions to the flag. That is what is wrong with speedway today and why fans are turning their backs on boring, processional racing. The "racing" part of speedway racing is diminishing everywhere except, it seems at the NSS.

• Like 1

What really happened was that the Aces riders gated fasted in almost every heat and never mind the track, modern bikes mean that if riders make no mistakes they will retain their positions to the flag. That is what is wrong with speedway today and why fans are turning their backs on boring, processional racing. The "racing" part of speedway racing is diminishing everywhere except, it seems at the NSS.

So it makes you think, what's different about the NSS? Shape based on Torun/Hyde Road perhaps? So it's either go backwards in time with engines or go forward with track shape?

So it makes you think, what's different about the NSS? Shape based on Torun/Hyde Road perhaps? So it's either go backwards in time with engines or go forward with track shape?

Not even a modern day thing. Remember a BV meeting at Bradford when there was literally only one line. Chris Manchester, who hated Odsal, had run three lasts and then outgated the unbeaten Sean Wilson, who unsurprisingly couldn't pass. An utter borefest loved by the Bradford faithful. Don't pretend to have any of the answers, but it does appear to be getting worse.

What Ive seen Pboro also produces great racing sadly Kings Lynn is a stock car stadium that happens to hold speedway as well

• Like 2

I am in no doubt the biggest probelm with todays tracks are the design of todays bikes. These bikes prefer striaght lines and big corners which enabling the throttle to be permanently open.. The NSS epitomises this design but they have a wide raceway that others aren't able to copy.. So rather than try to make all tracks similar, why not try to slow the bikes down to create a more racing environment. Let make more tracks like Monmore ( Wolves Track) forcing rider to be more articulate instead of being speed merchants..

I have nothing against Craig Cook's 15pt max on Wednesday, but he had the fastest bike, and if we put any of the top riders on that, the other night, they would have achieved something similar. It seem strange that the previous night he was far less successful on a more technical track.

I think the shape at Lynn needs to change, but only in making the corners wider and sharper, meaning the riders have to shut the throttle on entry. I know this must be against the philosophy of the sport, but we want to watch competitive races and not processions of the fastest bike wins...

I am in no doubt the biggest probelm with todays tracks are the design of todays bikes. These bikes prefer striaght lines and big corners which enabling the throttle to be permanently open.. The NSS epitomises this design but they have a wide raceway that others aren't able to copy.. So rather than try to make all tracks similar, why not try to slow the bikes down to create a more racing environment. Let make more tracks like Monmore ( Wolves Track) forcing rider to be more articulate instead of being speed merchants..

I have nothing against Craig Cook's 15pt max on Wednesday, but he had the fastest bike, and if we put any of the top riders on that, the other night, they would have achieved something similar. It seem strange that the previous night he was far less successful on a more technical track.

I think the shape at Lynn needs to change, but only in making the corners wider and sharper, meaning the riders have to shut the throttle on entry. I know this must be against the philosophy of the sport, but we want to watch competitive races and not processions of the fastest bike wins...

I can't think of anything worse than small track speedway.

The NSS has shown the way forward and the AFA has the room to be adapted in similar fashion.

Regards to speed, slowing bikes down will make no difference as someone will always have a faster bike than the rest.

Untouchable maximums have happened for years.

• Like 1

I can't think of anything worse than small track speedway.

The NSS has shown the way forward and the AFA has the room to be adapted in similar fashion.

Regards to speed, slowing bikes down will make no difference as someone will always have a faster bike than the rest.

Untouchable maximums have happened for years.

And by the sound of it there can't be anything worse than a poorly prepared track that provides poor racing.

At least we had some great racing on Tuesday. (queue for the aces fans to say otherwise).

• Like 1

Sounds like the second time this year Belle Vue have taken advantage of team seen as title-contenders on their travels by out-gating the home side on a very slick and dusty track. I'd suggest the lesson to be learned here is simple - Belle Vue are a side that can ride ultra-slick tracks very well. If you allow your home track to be prepped in such a way when the Aces visit, you're asking for trouble.

• Like 2