British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick V Scunthorpe Championship 22/4/17@7-00pm

This is akin to two bald men scrapping over a comb at the moment. Could go either way.

• Like 1

Auty is out injured for Leicester tonight so I assume it'll be R/R for the Scorpions at the weekend too.

Auty is out injured for Leicester tonight so I assume it'll be R/R for the Scorpions at the weekend too.

That could make them stronger away from home too

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

Edited by crazysue

That could make them stronger away from home too

Yeah it may well do but weakens them at home if he's still missing on Sunday.

No problems weather wise tomorrow so we`re all good to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

I still cant see anything other than a home win, Berwick are just stronger than Scunthorpe, end of. Yes the inclusion of Riss at reserve is a good move, and yes Scunthorpe put in a good performance last Saturday at Workington but I dont see them repeating that tomorrow night.

Cloudy but dry start to this race day, and forecast to stay that way.

Another tight one in prospect tonight I reckon. On paper you would think Berwick have the upper hand amongst heat leaders, Bridger and Vissing should score well tonight. Scunthorpe have a bit of depth about them though, Michael Palm Toft is a cracking rider and Carl Wilkinson has been round Shielfield enough times to know the quickest route. Bringing in Mark Riss will also help Scunthorpe, he scored well for Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago.

Forecast for a decent day, rain yesterday but I think that might have helped the track as we've never had any for a while. There will no doubt be a drop off in crowd levels tonight as Scunthorpe, understandably, won't bring nearly as many travelling fans as Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Hopefully the racing will be up to the standard it's been so far this season.

Here's to the first win of the season.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

According to Scunthorpe website. Tom Perry replacing Wallner

scunny twitter page says same, so why no Riss? and Josh doubtful with whiplash

Confirmation that Scunny's guest tonight is Tom Perry.

All the best

Rob

What happened to Riss? and what is the rules on 7 day rule? As Perry was here last week? I'm unsure on it

What happened to Riss? and what is the rules on 7 day rule? As Perry was here last week? I'm unsure on it

Rule was amended a few years ago. Now only refers to guest performances i.e. rider can ride for his own team, then guest 7 days later. BUT he can't guest at the same track two weeks running. Unless it's for the Home No 1.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1