British Speedway Forum

I thought Watt had retired about two seasons ago.

• Like 2

Sorry to see him go but all good things come to an end. I loved having him at Lakeside both as a guest and as the three years he a team member. At his best, a great stylist and formidable second heatleader. Best wishes for the future Davey, wishing you success in whatever you do.

• Like 1

According to his Polish club he can 'still be called upon in an emergency'!!??

I used to like Davey Watt. Was a very good Rider in his day.

You beat me too it Tsunami. I thought he retired years ago, won't be missed in my eyes, make sure the plane door doesn't hit you on the arse on your way out!!

forgive myignorance but why the animosity

Yes - that puzzled me too.

Always glad when a rider can walk away from the sport in good health at a time of their own choosing.

• Like 1

He rode 37 matches for Newcastle in his second season in the country, averaged 8.00.

Decent return, seems to have upset some up North though and they've held a long grudge, 15 years...

Good servant to the sport, guested for Wolves on a few occasions and did well. Sad the way things petered out at the end but he's still in one piece.

Best of luck in the future.

Great servant to the sport and appears to be a good guy. In the event of the tragedy in Poland at the weeked, let's celebrate a good career and be thankful that he has come out of it healthy and with the respect of most fans.

Hope you stay in the sport Davey in some way and thank you for the entertainment!

Yes - that puzzled me too.

must of done something really bad, to p!ss 'Dave' off,,,

maybe he ate all the bourbons on a Sunday morning ? :(

Not at Newcastle.

Doesn't seem to have been an issue elsewhere.. perhaps the problem was the management.

I remember him p!ssing Tim Sugar off at Smallmead when guesting for the Racers once too. Not much ruffled Tim, but Watt's refusal to ride a heat 15 decider on a 'damp' track certainly wound Tim up.

• Like 1

I remember him p!ssing Tim Sugar off at Smallmead when guesting for the Racers once too. Not much ruffled Tim, but Watt's refusal to ride a heat 15 decider on a 'damp' track certainly wound Tim up.

Funnily enough that recollection came into my head yesterday after posting the retirement news :lol:

About time Wackie you entered the GP comp - lets see how much you know about GP Speedway ;)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

He's came away from speedway in one piece, until he takes up motox. Ride safe davey.

Good luck Davey, after winning the opening round of the Aussie championship surprised he hasn't done so well.