British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar Bears V Newcastle Diamonds Championship Thursday 27th April 2017

Perks improved a bundle last yr for eastie, his progression goes to show how far he has come in a shortish space of time, gd stuff

Despite the score I thought most of the Diamonds had a go

Lambert - Dissapointing but could not get out of th gate

Morris- I thought he put a couple of good rides in

Rose - on the pace for the most part

Lindgren - As usual at Redcar put a good performance in

Worrall- Dissapointing I expected more

Coles- tried

Phillips- tried

Redcar

Garrity- Excellent

Garcia - did his job

Wright - Good solid performance

Anderson- improving weekly

Barker - An inspiration with his all out style

Hall- must improve

Perks- superb, one of the finds of the season

I think we are very close at Redcar to having a play off side, not going to lose much at home .

Think changes will need to be on the way for Newcastle.

I think Newcastles biggest mistake was winning the toss and deferring to heat 15. With a greasy track it was always going to be imperative to get out the gate in the early heats. Bears started off like a house on fire and never looked back.

Track was tricky to start but produced some superb racing later on - heat 11 in particular had Rose, Wright and Perks three abreast on the second lap. Thought Lindgren was again excellent for the Diamonds, the rest were pretty up and down and Lambert wont have many worse nights.

Bears were dominant throughout and Perks was absolutely terrific. Garrity and Barker are excellent, if not terrifying, to watch - especially when out together! Backed up with a solid engine room performance by JBA and Wright. Only real concern is Hall - we are not far off being a very good team if he can get going or a replacement can be found.

.....I thought it would be close but it turned out to be a very comfortable victory for the Bears

.....Perks was exceptional (but still didn't win Sponsors rider of the night which was a bit harsh)

This was a close one on paper but then what do I know? Not a lot, from the scoreline.

And please tell, who was given the rider of the night award? To be paid for 17 from 6 from reserve and to be overlooked is astounding.

• Like 1

This was a close one on paper but then what do I know? Not a lot, from the scoreline.

And please tell, who was given the rider of the night award? To be paid for 17 from 6 from reserve and to be overlooked is astounding.

Garrity was given rider of the night.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

I hate to say it'll, but after the performance tonight I'm a little bit embarrassed. It had the potential to be another close derby, but it just seemed like half the diamonds couldn't be bothered. I'll give credit to Lambert for staying on his bike in the first heat, but to become British u21 champion and then score one more point than Connor Coles (second place was well deserved. It's his first of the season, and he fought for it)? Worrall got a bit of redemption after winning while on a tactical ride, but the rest of his races he just seemed to flop. Ludde definitely won diamond of the night. It was good to have someone to shout for. Speaking of shouting, Ellis Perks. Wow. How he didn't win rider of the night baffled me. Should have been chucked in Heat 15.

Here's some highlights if you weren't at the meeting:

Connor Coles finally getting a well fought second place

Robert Lambert + Ashley Morris receiving jeers from the bears fans, only for Robert to gesture for them to jeer louder.

Ellis Perks top scorer overall.

Hopefully the Semi Final on Sunday is better for us. You know...with the home track advantage..

Congrats to redcar ... superb team performance...u outgated us and were more aggressive... potentially playoff contenders and the best 2.38 avg reserve in the league

As for diamonds a real eye opener ... already changing my mind ... thought we would be 3rd but can't see us getting anywhere near the playoffs

3 away defeats where top 5 are not cutting it .... our gating was shocking and we were weak around track and only looked like being passed ... exc 3 pts doubled ... 10 points from our top 2 is shocking in 9 rides .... only Lindgren turned up .... and as for our reserves... sadly the weakest pair in the league and I can't see any signs of improvement

Apart from berwick I can't see where we will get an away point ... not win ... I mean point...... scunthorpe is our bogey ground and heaven knows what Edinburgh ipswich and Sheffield will do to us

Robert wasn't at all happy with the track....too wet and deep to 'race' on?

Enjoyed that :approve:

Bit of a spring in the step for Redcar Speedway. They have a very decent team (which will only get more decent when Busch returns) and a top two capable of beating anyone, occasionally in spectacular style. STMP used to be one of the best racing tracks in the country and getting a decent curator on board has meant that there were signs last night that it will be again, with some very good heats considering how wet it was at the start.

The boys on the home straight agree, and its clear that one or two are coming back. Got a thumbs up from the returning Yearbyred, and especially pleasing that my old mate Rolypolygoly was there. When he wasn't around last year I thought he had gone to a better place (Hartlepool or North Shields, maybe) but there he was, large as life and at least 6 times as ugly. Good to see you, Kenneth.

4 matches planned for Redcar this season but after last night I suspect it will be more.

Big thanks to Boz for the weather updates.

Robert wasn't at all happy with the track....too wet and deep to 'race' on?

He needs to grow up. The track was wet but there was some excellent racing later on and the conditions didn't stop the likes of Barker, Lindgren, Wright, Perks or Andersen.

Seems he had one of those nights, down to earth with a bump after Wednesdays triumph. It happens, has the opportunity to get back into the groove at Somerset tonight.

Redcar look handy, if they can get Busch back and replace Hall with a half decent youngster they could be in the shake up come September.

This was Lambert views on last night

Redcar tonight a meeting that should have been called off before it even started. Getting 3 thirds and a chain snap at the start wasn't the best night. With dirt 4inches deep and can't even walk on it, that's the joke of British speedway and then they wonder why they don't have the top boys racing here.

Somerset tomorrow hope for a better day.

Pretty poor from Lambert that I have to say. Track was certainly wet at the start, and from his interview on Redcar facebook before the meeting was clear he did not fancy it. After 3 or 4 heats the track settled down though and we saw some pretty good racing - not least from the likes of Lindgren and to a lesser extent Rose and Morris.

IMO he was beaten before even taking to the track last night - if he approached it differently the track was there to be attacked.

• Like 2

Like quite a few of the old guard, after the dross served up at the STeMP in the last few years I found other things to do, but on seeing and hearing of changes down their, I decided to return this season to give it a go, and I'm glad I did. The whole set up has improved and their is an air of optimism about the place. I met up with Halifaxtiger again last night but had to look twice as the softie was wearing long trouser on this balmy night, didnt look right, but he is a gentleman and a pleasure to know. As to the meeting, I was apprehensive before the start because the Diamonds normally go well here, so what a difference a team of entertainers and fighters makes, we gated like Bats out of Hell and flew into a massive lead. They did come back into the match midway through, but the heats 13 and 15 sorted out the men from the boys, both Jason and Ben look unbeatable in those heats, and the were ably backed up by Wright, Anderson, and I thought man of the match Ellis Perks, Coty did try, the only downside was the form of Richard Hall, overall well pleased with the start to this season.

• Like 1