British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Cl Sat 29th April 2017 At 7pm

No negativity please , we'll win this comfortably

I hope so Paul but can only see a Monarchs win .....

Should be a stroll in the park for the Tiggers.

If not, questions should be asked.

Should be a stroll in the park for the Tiggers.

If not, questions should be asked.

First real test of both clubs' title credentials . Being at home puts that wee bit more pressure on us . Looking at it from last week's meeting , Workington had a big hitter and a high scoring reserve . Had they another quality heat leader , they would have won . Edinburgh tick those boxes .

Our lower order had their worst meeting , collectively , against Workington . So more is needed there .

It's a fascinating prospect , with supporters of both sides trying to play down their team's chances - but kidding nobody .

Are Edinburgh capable of coming to Ashfield and winning ? Yes they look as if they are . Are Glasgow capable of inflicting a first defeat on Edinburgh ( apologies Sheffield ) , of course we are . I for one , can't wait .

• Like 3

Summers/Worrall against Masters/Wells should be superb. Thats what we pay the money for. Outwith the top end we need to batter them in the middle order. Erik Riss doesnt seem to like close quarter racing and Max Clegg is last years underperforming reserve nobody thought would be back. We'll have to take points here as Mark Riss is a trump card at reserve. He impressed me last season and not just cos he refused to yield to Masters in one heat. My only prediction is Clegg wont be in ht14.

Edited by MD

With Riss at reserve and their heatleader power Edinburgh can win anywhere, not sure why some of their fans are downplaying their chances so much.

With Riss at reserve and their heatleader power Edinburgh can win anywhere, not sure why some of their fans are downplaying their chances so much.

Because that's what they do , then they come on here feigning surprise and ejaculating about how wonderful they are . Hopefully we can avoid all that nonsense by pumping them tomorrow night .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Work it out for yourself he will have had his 3 rides before Heat 14 , he is riding crap & and Riss will replace him.

Unless off course Davey is just as crap and Riss replaces both off them.

• Like 1

I reckon Pickering will like ashfield shape and score more than a few.

hope you are right, though he might take a few heats to get up to speed, that has been his M.O so far

Think Clegg will be in heat 14,

JDC quite creative as manager. Davey will be in 2, 4 and one other (possibly 10, for Clegg.

Max in 3, 7 and 14. , both get 3 rides only, with Mark hoovering up the rest. This assumes usual form, and no injuries, so a complete guess. Unless our heatleaders keep us in the game it will be academic......

hope you are right, though he might take a few heats to get up to speed, that has been his M.O so far

Think Clegg will be in heat 14,

JDC quite creative as manager. Davey will be in 2, 4 and one other (possibly 10, for Clegg.

Max in 3, 7 and 14. , both get 3 rides only, with Mark hoovering up the rest. This assumes usual form, and no injuries, so a complete guess. Unless our heatleaders keep us in the game it will be academic......

They should do , Wells is excellent round Ashfield , as is Masters when he keeps the toys in the pram .

If we perform tomorrow like we did tonight then we'll get pumped. But we have a habit of bouncing back rather well after performing poorly in the previous meeting so we'll just need to wait an see.

If we perform tomorrow like we did tonight then we'll get pumped. But we have a habit of bouncing back rather well after performing poorly in the previous meeting so we'll just need to wait an see.

Luring us into a false sense of security

I predict Glasgow pull off an upset and don't even give the monarchs a point. Looking forward to seeing them dominate.I hope so anyway, that's one of the main reasons I'm going!

Work it out for yourself he will have had his 3 rides before Heat 14 , he is riding crap & and Riss will replace him.

Unless off course Davey is just as crap and Riss replaces both off them.

Mark always replaces Mitch in heat 14 so is unlikely to replace Cleggy as well.

But hopefully the new rule about double points if you only have 1 rider in the race will be approved in time.