British Speedway Forum
tellboy

Kings Lynn V Rye House 24/5/17

From reading the updates, it sounds like a great meeting. Glad Harris has found some form, finally. But glad Stars got back to winning ways.

• Like 1

From reading the updates, it sounds like a great meeting. Glad Harris has found some form, finally. But glad Stars got back to winning ways.

It was entertaining for sure. Batch said in the bar after that Buster had got the track how they wanted it last night and how they would like it for every meeting, with even starts and surface. He and the team are looking forward to the run of home meetings, they are enjoying racing together, he is happy with his form and just wants meetings (more in the UK preferably)!

Rob praised the guys for the great team riding, he called it a dying art but something the fans want to watch, he's right there 😊. He said they wanted to send the Rockets home without a league point and he was happy that they managed it.

• Like 1

In the easy league of course he can score well.

This is the top flight so if you want to find me scores that prove that point then fell free,

I will give you that I didn't specify which league but as we are discussing on a top flight forum I thought that might have been a given.

We're not even half way through the season. Wait until September, then form a judgment. Just nit picking for the sake of it. You worry about your own team

• Like 1

Strange meeting that, Some brilliant races, fantastic team riding, close racing, fluctuating scores, this meeting had it all, but somehow the excitement was somewhat subdued.. Probably the effects of what had happened recently, but the crowd reaction didn't match what was happening on the track. Forgetting the first 4 races, the track from then on produced some magical racers not bettered for some time. People saying Lynn was a 'Gate and Go' track was last night made to eat their words. A Big well done to Buster..... .... Anybody watching speedway for the first time would have been enthralled with the exciting racing and will surely come again.

Chris Harris deserves a special mention for an exceptional display. He showed his true ability, (and immense speed) to come from the back 3 times to record an impressive 15 pt Max. All the other on show, all managed to slip up at least once during the night. Holder, Batch, Lambert, Huckenbeck, Rose. Nicholls, Robson all contributed to the meeting with their forceful riding.

I never felt the result was ever in doubt, regardless of the score, but Bomber sure made it interesting.... Felt sorry for Bailey who is completely out of his comfort zone... Even when he had the opportunity in Ht 2 to get a point, the Ref made a pigs ear of the rerun, allowing Bamford to get a massive roller from 15mtr catching Bailey before the first corner... What a Joke !!!

Yeah, a win is a win, another 3pts to the cause, The matches to come will be harder than this, and can't help thinking the Stars will need to do better.

• Like 1

Have to say, that was​ one of the best meetings for years at the AFA.

Absolutely brilliant racing and the track producing racing lines of yesteryears.

The fact the track is being left ungraded is creating it's own lines throughout the evening.

This punter went home the happiest for a long long time :approve:

• Like 2

Bloody typical. Seems I missed a great meeting. Roynon for Bailey now? Please don't let it be Jake Knight for Bailey.

The team riding between Rose and Huckenbeck gto keep an ever pressing Robbo out was different class. been difficult to get a rizla between them most of the 4 laps lol

• Like 1

Was a good meeting on a warm evening - sun delay again though. Bailey apart, all other riders had their moments and there was plenty of hard racing. I thought Huckenbeck did well for Stars and Wells impressed me for the Rockets. Sometimes the scores don't tell the story - Nicholls had a great scrap with Lambert in Ht 15 all for 0 points! Vintage Harris though, his bike looked perfectly set up from the beginning and he was making starts!

Overcooked burger though :cry:

What's the likelihood of Huckenbeck and Porsing swapping places when the first set of averages come out ? The biggest bonus for me, with the team this season is Lewis Rose. Always been a fan of his and good to see him moving up to the next level in the sport.

• Like 3

We're not even half way through the season. Wait until September, then form a judgment. Just nit picking for the sake of it. You worry about your own team

He has a career and history in the top flight.

But if you want to call that nit picking then fair enough.

Who was the riders practicing after the meeting

I'm sure it was Jake knight, Mitchell Davey and I don't know who the one was in the black and pink kevlars

Also anyone know how the little boy is who flipped it at the gate made me feel ill hearing him hopefully he is ok

On Facebook there is a post saying it was Danny Curl and he is currently in QEH awaiting an op on a broken femur.

Apologies if this is incorrect, as I wasn't there just putting 2 and2 together.

On Facebook there is a post saying it was Danny Curl and he is currently in QEH awaiting an op on a broken femur.

Apologies if this is incorrect, as I wasn't there just putting 2 and2 together.

You're quite right, Danny flipped at the gate, and was in serious pain, as we could all hear.

Hope the lad makes a swift recovery.

Disagree with 'the Rockets deserved a point' statements some are saying ....

-Yes it was a good meeting and both teams made it so,

- Yes Harris was exceptional for Rockets butone rider does not make a winning team, as proved by Lynn in several previous seasons :sad:

- IMO the rest of the Rockets let down Harris, especially Kennett + Nicholls.

- The Stars were definitely the better team ... 6 of them anyway) and Therefore thoroughly deserved the 3 points to Rye's 0 :t:

Strange really how we all have different opinions.

Rob (Lyon) thought Rye House probably deserved a point.

The main thing is that we took maximum points, in what was the most entertaining meeting for possibly the past couple of years......in my opinion.

Strange really how we all have different opinions.

Rob (Lyon) thought Rye House probably deserved a point.

The main thing is that we took maximum points, in what was the most entertaining meeting for possibly the past couple of years......in my opinion.

Rob said they probs deserved a point but then goes on to say how we wanted to deny them anything and succeeded 😀
  • Like 2