British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 Team Final Rybnik Saturday 2nd September Live On Internet

Watched this and it just shows how far behind all the other countries we are. The bspa and Rosco or whoever is in charge of GB have got to do something if we are to ever challenge those in Europe. Often out gated and when we did gate lacking in speed, in many races we were last at the end of the first lap if not on the back straight.

Well that was woeful from us and didn't think the meeting was much better, a couple of decent scraps I suppose

GB's future isn't in the hands of Robert Lambert.

He's average and will never be better than that

GB's future isn't in the hands of Robert Lambert.

He's average and will never be better than that

The problem we have is that any young rider that shows a modicum of being better than his peers all of a sudden becomes "the next white hope"...

Joe Screen at 16 used to beat established World Class Heat Leaders regularly in a League far and away of a much higher standard than that of today..

Joe got to Number Six in the World...

No mean achievement, yet...

Not one British U21 rider today is anywhere near Joe's standard that he had as a 16 year old.....

Dan Bewley and possibly others may move to World Class but it's definitely not a given...

Beating (no disrespect) "never will be's" each week is simply no preperation for coming up against true talent..

There will be 20 'Dan Bewley's in Poland all willing to knock hell out of each other to reach the massive rewards available...

This educates them as to what is needed and they learn to deal with real pressure at a very early age..

Being a big fish in a small pond doesn't prepare you for swimming with sharks in an ocean..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Being a big fish in a small pond doesn't prepare you for swimming with sharks in an ocean..

How very true !

The question arises who is responsible for the fact that this once mighty pond got so small?

Practice was rained off so we went in blind, you can bet the Poles have practiced on that track many times in the last few weeks.

At the end of the day you're racing against countries with bottomless pockets budget wise, when they have a stable of brand new highly tuned motors to chose from. It's sad but true.

• Like 2

Practice was rained off so we went in blind, you can bet the Poles have practiced on that track many times in the last few weeks.

At the end of the day you're racing against countries with bottomless pockets budget wise, when they have a stable of brand new highly tuned motors to chose from. It's sad but true.

Cannot knock the endeavour JTS...

These lads simply need to be opened up more regularly to their counterparts overseas...

Beating 'each other' is no real barometer of where they are in the grand scheme of things...

More U21 Test Matches would bring them on and I would suggest be viable such is their novelty value these days...

• Like 1

For the others maybe, but it's Adams last year in the U21's

Most fans have seen this scenario coming for a few years now,you really can't blame the Poles.It going to be along haul to get back in contention for anything.

I reckon the Poles and Lions should've swopped machinery then see what the outcome would be....
  • Like 1

Robert Lambert is simply the best we have now and it will take a huge effort for any of the other young Lions ( other than Bewley ) to catch up with him. Give the young man the credit he deserves.

Robert Lambert is simply the best we have now and it will take a huge effort for any of the other young Lions ( other than Bewley ) to catch up with him. Give the young man the credit he deserves.

What credit is that?

Lambert is nowhere near the best we have now.

Stevie Worrall has shot past him, Cookie is a million miles ahead.

He's still behind Harris, King and Nicholls when it comes to racing against the stronger riders.

Against the stronger riders I'd put Ellis ahead of Lambert.

Woffinden is way ahead of everyone.

In 2018 Lambert wouldn't even get a World Cup place if I was manager.

As for our riders not having the equipment to compete, I think that's nonsense personally.

We shouldn't be 25 points behind the Aussies, they seem to do alright with their equipment.

Josh Pickering even managed 6 points ffs, he even got a race win.

Something not 1 of our lads managed.

I'd question our youngsters mentality over anything else first.

Its more than practice and equipment.

I thought that it was muted that BV could be used to train up our youngsters, with lots of track time available, have we had any GB training or under 19, under 21 test matches there against other european countries, I do not think so. We should also have more test matches throughout europe if we ever want to be good again. The bspa and clubs will have to finance and make time available for this to happen, or all we will ever be is a training ground for other countries with Championship level racing.

Since many youngsters ride here surely the bspa could arrange a series of GB V AUS tests at different tracks, some of the income from which can help finance GB training and tests in europe.

Edited by A ORLOV