British Speedway Forum

Thats a real shame, I hope he has engine number and other markings for frame and other bits etc

• Like 1

Now appears Nick Porsing is another victim of low life scum.

Taken from his Facebook:

"Unbelievable... This specific speedway bike as shown on the picture was yesterday about 5pm UK time stolen from my workshop at Nordelph, Downham Market, Norfolk, while my manager David was in the house! Witnesses has seen an unknown white tall transit van driving down the farm road and around the area . About an hour later the same van was seen after reports from police that goods was stolen from another farm 3 miles away. Please share! Absolutely shocking!"

I hope these are unrelated incidents as the last thing anybody needs right now is a crime wave from within the sport dragging it down further.

If these bikes aren't found abandoned within a couple of days then it's really bad news as they have no use outside of the speedway/grasstrack community.

Hopefully it doesn't become like mx bikes where everybody who owns one has either had one nicked or knows several people who have. The police generally don't even attend any more despite these thefts often being in the tens of thousands of pounds.

The country is full of skanky thieving bastards ,where I live it is full of the loser scrotes all they do is nick bikes whether off road bikes or road bikes and half of the toerags flaunt it on social media

Never understand the point of stealing speedway bikes , what you going to do with it once you've nicked it ? It's not as if you can use it on the road is it ? How would you offload it there a big black market for stolen bikes or spares can you flog it on eBay ? Surely the speedway community isn't that big that any stuff that comes on the market would soon be identified

Never understand the point of stealing speedway bikes , what you going to do with it once you've nicked it ? It's not as if you can use it on the road is it ? How would you offload it there a big black market for stolen bikes or spares can you flog it on eBay ? Surely the speedway community isn't that big that any stuff that comes on the market would soon be identified

I see it one of 3 ways , either they are general thieves who don't know what it is and therefor it may get dumped and found ,or they are professional thieves who wait a while and then find out the owners and contact them offering the bike back at a price saying they have found it in a shed or somewhere and if the police are contacted the bike will disappear or it's someone in the speedway community that puts new gaurds and covers and sells it back to speedway community

I had my workshop broke into once, didn't take my bikes but took my toolbox and other tools, devastating plus hard to replace everything.

I see it one of 3 ways , either they are general thieves who don't know what it is and therefor it may get dumped and found ,or they are professional thieves who wait a while and then find out the owners and contact them offering the bike back at a price saying they have found it in a shed or somewhere and if the police are contacted the bike will disappear or it's someone in the speedway community that puts new gaurds and covers and sells it back to speedway community

4, and the most likely . it's already sold in Poland , stolen to order .

Or, simply, in a scrap yard, along with Birmingham Monarchs' cycle speedway bikes, those bronze war memorial plaques, and my toolbox.

• Like 1

If these bikes aren't found abandoned within a couple of days then it's really bad news as they have no use outside of the speedway/grasstrack community.

Scrap metal value? Same as you get with the theft of copper cables and lead roof flashings. One engine could fuel someones drug habbit for another day. :nono:

I had my workshop broke into once, didn't take my bikes but took my toolbox and other tools, devastating plus hard to replace everything.

No way of getting into the heads of these thieves. I had my garage broken into last year. All my power tools and tool boxes were left alone, and only my two-bob Halfords push-bike was nicked.

A local mx track had it's main electricity box stolen this spring. At 1230 on a bright and sunny saturday afternoon the outgoing live cable was axed and that killed all e-surveillance in the area. Next night the whole box was stolen...

Would be surprised if the bike was "successfully" sold back to speedway anywhere. All the parts were probably labelled with a Foxy-print, so would be somewhat impossible to tell a cover story how you're selling used parts or bike so cheap... But you never know.

Never understand the point of stealing speedway bikes ,

A former speedway rider was convicted and jailed for stealing a bike off of another speedway rider...........

A local mx track had it's main electricity box stolen this spring. At 1230 on a bright and sunny saturday afternoon the outgoing live cable was axed and that killed all e-surveillance in the area. Next night the whole box was stolen...

Would be surprised if the bike was "successfully" sold back to speedway anywhere. All the parts were probably labelled with a Foxy-print, so would be somewhat impossible to tell a cover story how you're selling used parts or bike so cheap... But you never know.

I havent seen any foxy stuff on jacks bikes , his wheels are very special though , anodized with orange and black splatters , they would be immediatley recognisable ,

I havent seen any foxy stuff on jacks bikes , his wheels are very special though , anodized with orange and black splatters , they would be immediatley recognisable ,

Surely that's a Foxy Products giveaway