British Speedway Forum

I did mention I was watching Coty from the stand with binoculars, and it was certainly his back and neck that he was in discomfort with. This Gadgeys making it up as he goes along.

Binoculars can diagnose injuries now I'm sure he will be ecstatic at being called a gadget.

• Like 1

I know that , but had this been Redcar v Berwick , Jenga wouldn't even have noticed . But you're right , it sets a dangerous precedent . Awarding a meeting after heat 10 is nonsense enough , mitigating circumstances or not , it's not good starting to award meetings before that .

Agreed, paying to watch 15 heats and being palmed off with 2/3rds is daylight robbery, with no recompense

What has his team got to do with it he is giving his version of events as he saw it.

Exactly the same as everybody else has done in this thread as they saw it.

Even some that weren't there have given there input so what his team is or isn't is a complete irrelevance.

If this is so important to you ask everyone who they support that has expressed there view rather than just one poster because you don't agree with his viewpoint.

It isn't that I disagree with his viewpoint, it is that - in my opinion - the accusations behind the posting are so blatantly biased and false I take offence at them and as such I believe it is appropriate to challenge them and I think it is very relevant in this case to be transparent and state where ones loyalties lie.

For the record

1 I am a Redcar fan

2 I don't believe any underhand tactics were utilised during the incident

3 I think this whole debate has gone round and round and only responded to what I saw as a gross insult and slur on Redcar promotion and Coty Garcia

4 I actually think that Glasgow should be given the match win, however the ref should have had the authority to award the race and then no further debate necessary! There are far too many rules which state a variation to the given rule MAY be applied which causes all the arguments!

• Like 2

Binoculars can diagnose injuries now I'm sure he will be ecstatic at being called a gadget.

Gadget :lol:

Agreed, paying to watch 15 heats and being palmed off with 2/3rds is daylight robbery, with no recompense

A discount is been given to fans who were there at the next or any meeting.

There are far too many rules which state a variation to the given rule MAY be applied which causes all the arguments!

When Buster Chapman took over from the Dark Lord , did he not say it was time to rip up the rulebook and start again . Seems to be more confusing than ever now .

• Like 1

When Buster Chapman took over from the Dark Lord , did he not say it was time to rip up the rulebook and start again . Seems to be more confusing than ever now .

The dark lord is still a head honcho at the scb aint he..... who seem to have the final say😂😂

The dark lord is still a head honcho at the scb aint he..... who seem to have the final say

Nah Buster's the Imperial Wizard , the Dark Lord just sits in the corner pulling the legs out spiders now .

Well let's be fair we are 18 months into office and as you say things are worse now than when he started.

Personally I would have started with the rulebook which to be fair is nothing but a rough guide which over half of the referees interpret differently and a lot of the club management don't know well enough.

right

ive just read the bspa statement on this and it puts a different twist on it

heat 10 would have only had both glasgow riders so almost certain it would be a 0-5 so there fore after heat 10 the score would have been 24 - 37

but i still dont actually agree with the subsection rule it states when the result is mathmaticcly sure another 5 heats to run so in theory redcar could have scored another 25 points or 28 if tac ride hadnt been used allready

tac ride had been used in heat 8 with Charles Wright who scored 4

It isn't that I disagree with his viewpoint, it is that - in my opinion - the accusations behind the posting are so blatantly biased and false I take offence at them and as such I believe it is appropriate to challenge them and I think it is very relevant in this case to be transparent and state where ones loyalties lie.

For the record

1 I am a Redcar fan

2 I don't believe any underhand tactics were utilised during the incident

3 I think this whole debate has gone round and round and only responded to what I saw as a gross insult and slur on Redcar promotion and Coty Garcia

4 I actually think that Glasgow should be given the match win, however the ref should have had the authority to award the race and then no further debate necessary! There are far too many rules which state a variation to the given rule MAY be applied which causes all the arguments!

To be fair you do raise valid points this thread has now been done to death going over and over again.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

when you had a Glasgow rider and their manager making a attempt at fixing the fence when the rest were standing looking at it then saying there was maybe 4 burst airbags when they only had 2 spare but somehow still managed to get it fixed and when the medics came over to Coty and Richard straight after they got back into the pits and both said they were ok and did not need anything but Coty did say he only had a sore ankle but nothing to bother about because he was moving it freely I was helping Coty in the pits at this time then the ref asked for the medics to take there place back on the track the next minute Coty is being led into the ambulance by the team manager everybody in the pits then new what was going to happen the track ambulance took him to the hospital after the meeting where he sat for hours before seeing anyone they X-rayed his ankle nothing broken then let out.

What a load of absolute rubbish. If Redcar had wanted to halt the meeting the air fence being repaired as quickly as it was would have been the obvious way to do it. If you were there then you would have seen the many Redcar track staff who worked on getting the fence repaired as quickly as possible. It was announced that Redcar have the required 3 air bags (as per the rules). It looked initially that at least 4 air bags were damaged and if you were at the meeting you would clearly have seen that. Maybe you were like the referee not watching or you would have seen that it was obviously Richard Lawson who caused the accident (even the Glasgow team manager has commented he was surprised that he was not excluded). Plenty of photos and video evidence to show this.

The accident was horrific and I am not surprised that after the adenine wore off Coty felt his true injuries. If you start to cast doubt on the medics credibility you should not be involved in Speedway in any way. Riders heath has to be put first.

Gadget :lol:

As in Inspector to be fair i was using my phone and i didn't check the predictive and this was the result :D .

Agreed , though the opening poster is obsessed with Glasgow/ Peterborough / Somerset and needs no encouragement to let rip .

The opening poster is obsessed with everyone bar Workington.

I know that , but had this been Redcar v Berwick , Jenga wouldn't even have noticed . But you're right , it sets a dangerous precedent . Awarding a meeting after heat 10 is nonsense enough , mitigating circumstances or not , it's not good starting to award meetings before that .

Agreed. It sets a very dangerous precedent.

Heat 10 had not been concluded. How long before a meeting is awarded that only takes place over 8 or 7 or even 6 races?

You can argue that Redcar had no riders left in Heat 10. But you could also argue that five 5-1s to Redcar in Heats 11 to 15 and the final score would be 49-42.

There’s a clear cut-off of 10 races. If that’s not reached, then the only other way a result should be awarded is if a team could not be caught over 15 races, not 10 races. For example, if the scoreline was 45-9 after nine races, that could be awarded.

Nothing was settled in the Redcar v Glasgow match. It should be re-run.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

Are there any other meetings that have been given as a result after heat 9?

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3345

Coventry Storm v Rye House abandoned after 8 heats and subsequently awarded under Rule 15.12.

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3367

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3368

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

Maggie Thatcher closed our pits and industries down and now Neil Vatcher is trying to close the u,k, speedway scene down with this stupid rule he has brought to light .

stop all this rubbish rule and give everyone a meeting to talk about for the right reasons .. British speedway is on it rs and now it looks like the rule guru has driven the final nail in the box ... utter cr4p .