British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces 21/06/17

What I don't understand is why Chapman as a businessman appears to be purposely running his business into the ground by not providing for the paying customer, it really does not make one iota of sense.

Pretty simple, Lynn is now a stock car stadium which occasionally holds speedway meetings. The shale used is perfect for cars but doesn't lend itself to good speedway unfortunately.....the team was highly fancied at the start of the season and really should be winning every week at home but hasn't performed as it should be. As somebody has said people like a winning team or good racing, but they will struggle to tolerate neither. The length of the meeting last night (and last week) was disappointing as so far this season they have hurried things up considerably. I don't have a problem with 10-15 minutes of track work after each block of five races as long as the heats are run quickly and we start at bang on quarter to eight and something is happening while the tractors are going round to entertain people.

• Like 1

Late start, rubbish racing and intervals would be three reasons for me to think again about going because there is no need for any of them.

I totally agree. I've been a loyal supporter since 1967, I never used to miss a meeting, but the last couple of years have been dire. Now I'm retired my 100 mile round trips to watch this tripe have got less and less. What with admission money for myself and my wife, an overpriced programme and fuel for the round trip, its an expensive night out for very little entertainment.

My blood used to boil every time they started late, "because fans were still queueing at the turnstiles" and as its been said on here many times, with delays for "the sun to go down" long intervals, long waits between races, more long waits while the riders go back to the pits after an exclusion to fiddle with their bikes yet again, I really have had enough. Add to that the terrible track, which has provided very little in the way of entertaining racing, and its a recipe for disaster. I forgot to mention the signs saying "no food or drink to be brought in to the stadium, all bags will be searched" which I think was the final straw. Its making me feel like a criminal!

So I'm sorry Kings Lynn Speedway, I may attend again this year, but unless things improve dramatically, I think thats highly unlikely. Another fan lost to British Speedway.

• Like 4

I really hope the promotion reads some of what's on here and just maybe some of this just might sink in how unhappy fans are I think the majority including myself can take a home loss as long as there has been some good racing sadly the last two weeks we've had neither and at £17 a throw fans are walking away a friend of mine stayed at home to watch England in T20 cricket last night and he'd never miss a meeting.

Also what's happened to Trees not one comment has she even seen the light ??

Forgot to say how good it was to hear from Josh Bailey during the meeting, he spoke very well for one so young. Good to hear he will be back on a bike soon.

• Like 2

I really hope the promotion reads some of what's on here and just maybe some of this just might sink in how unhappy fans are I think the majority including myself can take a home loss as long as there has been some good racing sadly the last two weeks we've had neither and at £17 a throw fans are walking away a friend of mine stayed at home to watch England in T20 cricket last night and he'd never miss a meeting.

Also what's happened to Trees not one comment has she even seen the light ??

Not being funny,but why should the promotion have to read whats on here.If those who want to vent their frustrations,anger etc to what is going on surely they can see Buster on a race night.I always think doing it face to face is always better.People put their frustrations on here because may of them don't seem to have the nerve(ba*ls)to say how they feel to the man himself.

Not being funny,but why should the promotion have to read whats on here.If those who want to vent their frustrations,anger etc to what is going on surely they can see Buster on a race night.I always think doing it face to face is always better.People put their frustrations on here because may of them don't seem to have the nerve(ba*ls)to say how they feel to the man himself.

Is this the same buster that drives the tractor during the meeting amongst many other jobs? I don't think it has anything to do with balls and may simply be down to availability and timing.

Why not simply suggest they send a letter or email or post on the official FB page?

Edited by jchapman

Sometimes it's hard to comprehend what I'm reading in terms of the track conditions at KL. What has happened? This was a promotion that prided themselves on preparing the best of racing circuits. I know what the track looked like first hard just a handful of years ago. Albeit on a sidecar. But I did know a well prepared track when I saw it (I ate some of that shale last time I was there). I went to Oz twice and people out there asked me what KL was like and I compared it to Gillman in Adelaide which is considered one of the best circuits out there (I crashed there too!).

There is nothing wrong with the shape, the bends, the banking and when I knew it, the shale. Why, oh why, do I keep reading these poor reports?

:cry:

Why oh why does the Club owner (the top man in British speedway) insist on riding around on a tractor. Couldn't this task be delegated to someone who knows what they're doing? When was the last time you saw Mourinho mowing the pitch at Old Trafford?

I guess you'll be happy if Lynn go the same way as Coventry. By all means vent your frustration at your promotion, but fans staying away could lead to closure.

What's the point of continuing to support something that is rubbish and doesn't provide entertainment. I can stay at home and have as much enjoyment watching my grass grow for no cost.

I've said many times I don't want to see the end of any club, but from where I am Lynn speedway is quite a way down the path of self destruct. I certainly won't feel responsible if it does close, sad yes but responsible never. I'm more than willing to regain my enthusiasm and with it returning to the terraces but you only have to read the views of the majority of Lynn fans (most of whom have been going for decades) to see I'm not alone in being dissatisfied. The majority of complaints can easily be put right at minimal cost to the promotion but they either can't be bothered or don't see the problem. Lynn fans are used to not winning, that's never been an issue here in Norfolk but we we don't like being taken for fools. I fail to see why I or anyone else should use my money to shore up something that does not even come close to value for money.

Absolutely correct, of course.

Having been a speedway follower since 1958, my wife has always been understanding about my nights at the track when she's not with me. But a couple of times this year, she's dropped gentle hints, with tongue in cheek, suggesting I might be seeing another woman as I'm so late getting home, in comparison to when we visit places like Peterborough for example, together.

Last night was very uncomfortable for me when I got home, as she did accept my excuse for being so late, but let me know in no certain terms that she couldn't understand why it doesn't happen when we are at venues together, barring accidents of course.

As far as I know, it's the referees job to keep meetings moving along, so I can't understand why that isn't happening. I'm now working on my next excuse!!

Why don't you just grasp the nettle and tell her your girlfriend's name? :rofl:

NSS each week (Scott Nicholls excepted).

Harris.

If I didn't know any different , I would believe Buster is doing alll he can to really P--z people off. We started late, we had a 18min grading break after ht 6, then another 16min Interval / Grading break after ht 10.. Don't he realise people want to go home, they don't want to watch him driving that bloody tractor all night. When Twitter said Poole and Leicester had finished, we still had 4 races to run. Now if the track had been good, then probably we could except the delays. but when we consistently have this gate and go fiasco I don't see why we need so many delays....

The racing was poor too. apart from 2 or 3 exceptions most races were strung out and processional.. I must say speedway is not like it use to be.... Our team is poor when comparing it with the likes of Belle Vue. They like Wolves are light years ahead of us... With the exception of Huckenbeck they were better in every position. Ever race they had winners, If their HL (heat leader) faltered they had SS ( Second String) to step up. To provide only 4 race winners illustrates how poor we were. The fact we were within 1 point with only 1 race to go was down to the implementation of that stupid double point rule. Belle Vue were streets ahead and thoroughly deserved their success.

It makes little sense challenging for them Play-off places when we perform like this. What is the point of competing a semi-final when we cant beat these teams on home soil.

Nobody forced KL to sign Holder on an average that was unattainable (12+). But nobody expected Holder to be as rubbish as he has been. In fairness to him he has also been rubbish in Sweden, Poland & the GPs. So he is not in total reduce average to return to Poole mode next year. Lambert was always going to improve, Batchelor wasn't much of a gamble on that average, Huckenbeck was always going to be a free scoring reserve. If KL have had the option to bring Bjerre back instead of Holder & bolster the middle order that would have been the route to go down. But I didn't think that at the time, when teams were announced early in the year thought KL would be the most solid team. In Retrospect Stars should have signed Bjerre instead of Holder and fitted Schlien in.

• Like 1

.....Halifaxtiger.............

Late start, rubbish racing and intervals would be three reasons for me to think again about going because there is no need for any of them.

Add to that blinking sun breaks and before anyone says they are necessary there was no such thing years ago so why is the sun so different now? Even though Kings Lynn is attractive to me because dogs are allowed I would never go back there again after the long drawn out meeting I last attended, which included a 40 minute 'sun break.' Leicester is on very dodgy ground too at the moment after hanging around for an hour for the sun to go down last week. Afraid I won't be doing that again and have now got to the stage where my interest is rapidly fading.

Is this the same buster that drives the tractor during the meeting amongst many other jobs? I don't think it has anything to do with balls and may simply be down to availability and timing.

Why not simply suggest they send a letter or email or post on the official FB page?

As you have said before,you haven't been for quite some while and gather you don't even speak.He is often seen walking around the stadium and having a chat.He was watching some of the racing from 2nd bend Wednesday.

And i stand by my comment that most people don't have the balls to talk to him.It's alright saying all this on here but when push comes to shove many people are afraid nowadays to talk face to face with people.

I seem to recall when Buster was in charge at the football club they held a fans forum. Someone asked a question of Buster that he obviously didn't like.... And his response was..... You know where the door is. JC. You were there, true or false ?

Surprise surprise gates at the Football Club went from around 800(when JC was there) to under 500 and Buster sold out. Few clues there to think about

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

If anybody wants to speak to Buster on a Wednesday night it would be easy enough. I'd suggest those who are most vocal on Lynn threads would get better answers and have their opinions heard by the right people if they did that rather than posting on here.

I seem to recall when Buster was in charge at the football club they held a fans forum. Someone asked a question of Buster that he obviously didn't like.... And his response was..... You know where the door is. JC. You were there, true or false ?

True

It is not a matter of "balls" as what is offered on here is feedback to the promotion ( or Buster as the owner ). Yes sometimes people are very forceful with their feedback but that is how Buster is himself. Any business that is losing customers should refrain from the idea that "if you don't like what is on offer, you know where the door is". Feedback from existing customers is given because they care or are at least interested enough to offer up their opinion. ignore it ay your peril. But if you "know" you are always right then feedback is not very important is it.

• Like 2