British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Ipswich Ch - Saturday 24 June 7pm

Justin Wolbert was pretty poor on a track he's ridden many times. Not a chance did he get second from Perry in ht14, it wasnt even close going over the line. Food for thought for Glasgow that after an extensive regrade at ht10 the visiting team came right back it having not won a heat or looked like they were capable of one and having spent their tactical up to that point. Ipswich then won three of the last five heats.

• Like 2

Justin Wolbert was pretty poor on a track he's ridden many times. Not a chance did he get second from Perry in ht14, it wasnt even close going over the line. Food for thought for Glasgow that after an extensive regrade at ht10 the visiting team came right back it having not won a heat or looked like they were capable of one and having spent their tactical up to that point. Ipswich then won three of the last five heats.

Regarding your food for though,that's exactly what happened last season when Somerset WON.

Regarding your food for though,that's exactly what happened last season when Somerset WON.

Indeed, so if we can see it .........

• Like 1

How to gift Ipswich a point why was our reserves not changed in heats 8 and 11. Up to heat 10 our heat leaders were unbeaten then we had 20 laps of tyre packing[remember a certain match last year] we all know how that turned out and Mr King said thank you and wins his last 3 races and Ipswich win the last 5 races 17 -13. Hopefully a lesson will be learned

• Like 1

Truly forgettable first 12 heats. Last 3 heats much better. Any new fans would have been unimpressed I fear. Just seems no way to pass rider in front leading to so many ftg races.

Disagree with your assessment of heat 14 MD but totally agree with your comments about the heat 10 regrading and this obsession of packing the track down at this stage of the meeting. How many times have we seen it benefitting the opposition? Surely the powers that be can see this.

Disagree with your assessment of heat 14 MD but totally agree with your comments about the heat 10 regrading and this obsession of packing the track down at this stage of the meeting. How many times have we seen it benefitting the opposition? Surely the powers that be can see this.

Obviously not :D

• Like 2

We said exactly the same thing at the time . Not the worst meeting , but not a classic . Just as well we got off to a flying start , cause Ipswich got better as the meeting went on . King looked good after a sluggish start , Heeps and Schlein backed him up well . Lawson and Worrall easily best for us , while Summers disappointed after a bright start .

Easily biggest crowd of the season with all the freebies , was a bit crushed in the Charlie Monk stand .

the witches have a strong 1-5, a bit like us so it could come down to the reserves. Think Tigers will get a win but the witches will get a point

Well got it right for once. Also agree with the comments about the grading after heat 10. Don't mind the kids race probably more here than the rest of British speedway but lap after lap of grading doesn't help anyone apart from the opposition

• Like 2

Was so nice to be in a speedway stadium full to the brim with supporters last night . I took my eldest daughter , son in law and kids last night , and she hadn't been to speedway since I would take her to Shawfield as a teenager . I could tell she loved it again , so I hope this has rekindled her interest .

I was like a sardine texting to the updates site as the Charlie Monk stand was packed , the stand filled up early , and the 4th bend covered terrace looked even busier than what it usually is when the Monarchs come calling .

The owners are doing their best to try and promote the club and the sport , and last night's crowd must have been close to 2000 . Yes we know that was down to the new supporters scheme , but as a family night out for anybody new to the sport , it was a great success .

• Like 8

Track grading did us no favours again,stopped any momentum and they packed it down that much it seemed to suit Ipswich far more than prior to that.

You would have thought after last season they would have learned , they even admitted themselves that they got it wrong and it wont hapoen again.

After last night it apoears they forgot or are unable to get things right frustrating is an understatement.

Question to Ippo fans that see him far more than me, what has happened to Justin Sedgemen he looked like a junior in some heats not the rider i remember whilst with Edinburgh.

But Ipswich fought back well mainly thanks to the Glasgow teack crew in preparing the track to suit there needs.

Don't mention sedgmen, I don't rate him, I don't want him. He must be doing a wolbert. Some other will say he is doing a good job though.

Don't mention sedgmen, I don't rate him, I don't want him. He must be doing a wolbert. Some other will say he is doing a good job though.

He just didn't seem interested last night , apart from heat 14 where he gated , then got passed by both Glasgow riders , then at least had a go to regain second which he managed to do ....just . But his first three races he was ordinary .

Not interested or confidence dropped a bit, similar to Josh Auty. He was dropped at Leicester for Bjerre because of availability issues(riding Saturday & we had several away meetings on same nights) & Sedgy dropped by B/Vue.

Both riders have, basically, done nothing wrong. Form was good & scoring the required points of a second string rider.

I've seen him give up after one corner a couple of times this season. His average is going down. I guess it doesn't help he is replacing a rider that does never give up and is an out and out racer. Justin is meant to be a good gater, ain't really seem much of that so far either.

Its not my club, so it's not my choice of the riders the club employ, and I guess they are more than happy with him.

He was signed on an average that at the time made him third heat leader, not a second string

Edited by baldyman