British Speedway Forum
norbold

Time For Norway's Top Five

Bobby really was an exciting rider a lovely style and he was not to shabby either at Newcastle in his Div 2 days.Paulco was Coatbridge the largest track you ever went to ? and did you see Christer Siosten/Egon Muller ride there?.I saw Muller score 0 at the Abbey for Coatbridge then 10 years later he went on and become World Champ.

Egon Muller never rode a home match for us , he was gone after two away matches . Christer Sjosten was a cracking little rider . Hampden was much bigger than Coatbridge , Sidney , though Coatbridge was exciting with high bankings much like the Shay

• Like 1

Egon Muller never rode a home match for us , he was gone after two away matches . Christer Sjosten was a cracking little rider . Hampden was much bigger than Coatbridge , Sidney , though Coatbridge was exciting with high bankings much like the Shay

World Championship rounds have been held there 1971 the last one ??? Briggs eliminated it was big forgot that getting old😂 i suppose West Ham would be one of the bigger english tracks along with Crewe. Edited by Sidney the robin

World Championship rounds have been held there 1971 the last one ??? Briggs eliminated it was big forgot that getting old i suppose West Ham would be one of the bigger english tracks along with Crewe.

I think Crewe was the biggest ever Track in this Country Sidney.

It states 475 yards on here - see 'Link':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crewe_Stadium

But I was always under the impression it was 440 yards. Still very big.

Bollocks !

His first outing was at Coatbridge on on 27/4/73 against Cradley.

He beat Bruce Cribb in his first race for his solitary point.

Was a bit hairy but wasn't afraid to wind it on.

As Max Boyce would say : "I was there" ;)

Bollocks !

Forgive me for forgetting one meeting when I was 14 lol

• Like 1

Bollocks !

He was not very hairy at the Abbey he scored a big fat 0 😜🤓 Edited by Sidney the robin

Think Harrfeldt and Langli also had brothers riding?

So did Dag Lovaas, Ulf if I remember correctly

• Like 1

So did Dag Lovaas, Ulf if I remember correctly

Yes Ulf rode for Cradley and Oxford...could have achieved more in Britain but army/family commitments dictated otherwise.

Forgive me for forgetting one meeting when I was 14 lol

The booze has certainly taken it's toll on you - you look at least seventy plus nowadays! :P:P

Think Dag Lovaas was probably the best Norwegian I've saw . There was a Johnny Faanfeng ( sorry spelling ) who rode for Glasgow when I was a wee boy , I can vaguely remember him , think he was quite good .

During the Hampden years we had the tragic Svein Kaasa who was killed there 45 years ago this year .

Torbjorn Harrysson who rode for Newport was also very good , and of course Reider Eide was the first Monarchs bogeyman lol

The booze has certainly taken it's toll on you - you look at least seventy plus nowadays! :P:P

Charming :drink:

Think Dag Lovaas was probably the best Norwegian I've saw . There was a Johnny Faanfeng ( sorry spelling ) who rode for Glasgow when I was a wee boy , I can vaguely remember him , think he was quite good .

During the Hampden years we had the tragic Svein Kaasa who was killed there 45 years ago this year .

Torbjorn Harrysson who rode for Newport was also very good , and of course Reider Eide was the first Monarchs bogeyman lol

Charming :drink:

Harrysson was a Swede.

Harrysson was a Swede.

was he ? oops