British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Berwick V Glasgow Cl Sat July 15th At 7pm

Riders have no power to cancel meetings , referee has the final say.

True,but that's not how it happens in real life these days,it's naive to think the ref would overrule the riders these days.Health and Safety is the "buzz "word.
  • Like 1

I believe that may have added to the problem, we had a trainee referee who was being supervised by Mick Bates, IMO he could've been firmer with the riders and raced Ht15.

The riders said they didn't want to ride ht15, the ref had asked for the pits to phone up confirming selections for gates and riders so the ref was happy to continue...
  • Like 1

I never thought I'd see the day a certain poster woke up and smelt the coffee about the jokers that run this sport .

Good to see a certain other poster was fully behind the decision to abandon

Happy clapping the decision :-)

Not sure about that, watching track being bladed after meeting the shale against fence looked quite dry.

They bladed the track AFTER the meeting :o:o:o:mad::mad::mad:

They bladed the track AFTER the meeting :o:o:o:mad::mad::mad:

Why not. Far better to do that, than leave it for another 2 weeks and then pull it back.

• Like 1

Feel as if us fans have totally have the urine taken out of us tonight.

Utter farce that heat 15 wasn't run.

What rubbed salt into the wound was riders coming on the mic and saying how dangerous it would have been to ride: after just having 2 heats in pouring rain!!!!

Very patronising.

35 minutes until curfew, no water lying on the track, clear skies, not a single bit of track grading to even try to get heat 15 on.

It's hard to take the sport seriously after that - I've suddenly lost a massive amount of interest in it :(

I so much agree with you, hardly a fan that left the stadium that was not angry with that decision

I haven't left a speedway meeting as disappointed and frustrated in a long time , in my opinion Berwick and the public were robbed of a win tonight. The conditions would have been no worse than they where when it was actually raining, the times in hts 13&14 where improving so I don't think that the track was the problem, it's my view that Glasgow didn't want to lose and where happy with the two points for the draw , I and plenty others have seen racing continue in far worse conditions than that track was in . A sad end to,what was a decent meeting that left a bitter taste in the mouth

I have seen the track worse at the beginning of the meeting, never mind the end.

Assuming it's a load of baloney but any truth is Lawson and Worrall having a bit of argy bargy tonight

:D:D

I`m sure it suited both teams not to run heat 15. Both teams saved a heat`s wages. Glasgow probably happy to take 2 points for the away draw- a 4-2 reverse in the last and they would have only got 1 plus Berwick didn`t have a home defeat although if run they could have got a home win !!

Makes you think ' Back hander' heaven forbid

see your point mate but the riders made the decision and we need to respect it. Track looked very slippy apart from riding close to fence Whether we like it or not they risk their necks and who are we to argue We didn't like it but folks saying they won't be back is a bit much. Given Berwick record in last heat ones this probably went in their favour !

Cannot agree, plenty of time to re-grade track and bring the dirt off the fence, 10 minutes to settle, would have been fine

doubling up is ruining british speedway worralls got a ride at poole aswell

Whats her name

Great meeting, unfortunate about H15, but it was an ice rink in places the last few heats. Probably should / could have sorted it out but an enjoyable night none the leass. Roll on Glesga this afternoon.

Definately COULD HAVE, and most definite SHOULD HAVE

Enjoyed 14 heats of good speedway in a nip and tuck meeting looking forward to heat 15 after heat 14 time was quicker than 12 and 13 never seen that coming i think a lot of supporters will be in two minds to go back.Utter £iss take it was not run,instead of talking about the meeting its all about no heat 15 can see why us and Glasgow are leading the way with track covers they dont want to get wet.Berwicks already dwindling support will now tested to the max i for one will think long and hard about going back and the club has no one to blame apart from themselves $issed of

Just 1 of so many

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 1

I so much agree with you, hardly a fan that left the stadium that was not angry with that decision

I have seen the track worse at the beginning of the meeting, never mind the end.

:D:D

Makes you think ' Back hander' heaven forbid

Cannot agree, plenty of time to re-grade track and bring the dirt off the fence, 10 minutes to settle, would have been fine

Whats her name

Definately COULD HAVE, and most definite SHOULD HAVE

Just 1 of so many

Well have to agree with plenty posts but pardon pun it water under bridge now it won't change so onwards and downwards

Well have to agree with plenty posts but pardon pun it water under bridge now it won't change so onwards and downwards

It is, but lets hope they have learned a lesson, and we ,massively hope it has not totally pi**ed off the majority of fans, and they will continue to come.

Everything is very "matter of factly" with Speedway Promotions these days,we're just stopping after 10 Hts or 12 Hts or 14 Hts that's it ,or stand about waiting for Ambulances to turn and curtailed meetings.Fans have just to go home and come back next week and stump up.Its going to come back and bite them on the bum IMO .

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Why not. Far better to do that, than leave it for another 2 weeks and then pull it back.

as they do after every meeting

Was being sarcastic could they not have done that after heat 14 and tried to get heat 15 on :o:o:o

Was being sarcastic could they not have done that after heat 14 and tried to get heat 15 on :o:o:o

But surely that would have been one of, if not the most, obvious decision they could have come to. The fact they didn't doesn't make the cancellation of heat 15 wrong, or the usual dragging back of the dirt to settle and lie fallow to settle for the following week. You can't just pull it back and ride on it, unless you say tyre pack and slightly grade it. It all takes time and on a cold night how many would they have performed to.

But surely that would have been one of, if not the most, obvious decision they could have come to. The fact they didn't doesn't make the cancellation of heat 15 wrong, or the usual dragging back of the dirt to settle and lie fallow to settle for the following week. You can't just pull it back and ride on it, unless you say tyre pack and slightly grade it. It all takes time and on a cold night how many would they have performed to.

After heat 10 Glasgow were always in front , so could not ask for the meeting to be stopped . Berwick were obviously happy to continue and after their 4-2 in heat 14 which brought the sides level , a shake of the hands suited everyone , apart from some of the fans and of course the braindead few who love to blame and in their twisted little world , it was all Glasgow's fault - as some numptie posted on the speedway updates site claiming he'd received a text telling him that :lol:

• Like 1