British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

Sweden in decline Denmark similar and UK scrapping the bottom but Poland goes from strength to strength.

If there were a major drop in income then clubs would more than likely fold rather than try

and offer a watered down competition, in their and fans eyes.

Unlike the 1950's when speedway in the UK went down to 12 clubs (amazing I know) I can't see a revival that was the

Provincial league as the world has moved on and stadia that have closed couldn't afford to open.

Yes the world has moved on from those "start again" days. I can't see a re-start getting off the ground if speedway does go under. So, if the turnstile income is truly important why does't Buster / BSPA take more notice of what supporters want or suggest? They should do a questionnaire to every paying fan who attends a match in September ( and not just be asked to listen to us on here ) before they make the big decisions at the AGM IF they hope to retain most of the existing fan base. IF they believe that fan's views are important and might just hold the key to declining crowds.

The BSPA have been "knowing best"for all of the time that the Sky money has been coming in and crowds have dropped during that time ( and clubs have closed ). They obviously don't "know best" or there would be 3 to 5,000 people attending everywhere every week.

• Like 1

Holder and Batchelor will be in the Stars team against Rye House. The Lynn management are too weak to get rid of them.

Blimey,if every management got rid of every rider from their team for every misdemeanor there wouldn't be any riders left.I couldn't be there last week but by all accounts Batchelor must have had permission on injury grounds for Lynn to use the IRR.

Blimey,if every management got rid of every rider from their team for every misdemeanor there wouldn't be any riders left.I couldn't be there last week but by all accounts Batchelor must have had permission on injury grounds for Lynn to use the IRR.

I really don't think it was a simple "misdemeanour" because it has left a number of fans who were there with little or no desire to go again and be put through something similar again. How many will stay away we do not know but the person who gives me lift was very miffed and talked of not going to go again. Speedway is a very hard habit to break ,but for all, including myself when you think what a lot of rubbish they offer you now - you do want to stay away.

• Like 1

I just hope Rye can do what Poole did last week, keep themselves to themselves, keep out of any controversy, ride the track be it good or bad and pick up a few away points. I was intending to go but after what went on last week I will now follow it on the updates and probably go to Swindon on Thursday. Seems by not addressing this issue properly KL may have shot themselves in the foot as far as fans are concerned by sweeping it under the carpet and hoping it will blow over.

I doubt it, the luck doesn't seem to be with the Rockets, they could've done with those 4 points, similarly with the away points that Swindon got at Belle Vue. I expect the home riders to react with a big performance on Wednesday on what I expect to be a bald track!

JC why not phone the old man and tell him he is making a total *^%$ up of it at Lynn and you will take it over and show him how it should be done.

Oh no, as he has said if the fans don't come then there is no Kings Lynn Speedway, hardly thinly disguised that comment now is it. If Buster was to put on a show that people wanted to see then the fans would be there. Sadly it seems he is stuck very much in the past.

So when Buster closes down Kings Lynn Speedway, make no mistake it will be the fault of the fans, and not where the real problem lies. Then again Buster cant be wrong, can he. Not one to admit to things like that,

Sad days at Saddlebow.

• Like 4

JC why not phone the old man and tell him he is making a total *^%$ up of it at Lynn and you will take it over and show him how it should be done.

Oh no, as he has said if the fans don't come then there is no Kings Lynn Speedway, hardly thinly disguised that comment now is it. If Buster was to put on a show that people wanted to see then the fans would be there. Sadly it seems he is stuck very much in the past.

So when Buster closes down Kings Lynn Speedway, make no mistake it will be the fault of the fans, and not where the real problem lies. Then again Buster cant be wrong, can he. Not one to admit to things like that,

Sad days at Saddlebow.

of all the years of supporting the Stars I've never known things to be in such a sad state and I include the last season Waggy was in charge in that statement- bridge building between club and fans and riders and fans should have started last Friday morning here we are just over 48 hours before our next home meeting and we've had one feeble statement - an update on Dale would be a starting point an update on Lewis would also be good -and lastly a large slice of humble pie should be coming out of the club . Just why should fans turn up on Wednesday? Give us a reason Kings Lynn Speedway why should we spend £17 on you ?
  • Like 1

You were fortunate that you never went last week. Many times I have wished I hadn't gone either. But before you make a stupid comment like the above, Lets imagine you had paid your fee and was there waiting for the meeting to continue. At one time we were leading by 6, but now because of our riders not wanting to race, we are now 6 points drift. The Mic man tells us the Ref is coming down from his box to sort out some of the rider's issues. Then we wait,....... and wait......... We hear nothing,....... but we witness Buster working flat-out during remedy work on the track. Over an hour passes and still no information. We, the fans can only wait around ,in the hope we can claw back those points we are adrift.

Eventually 75 mins after the last message, we are informed that the meeting will continue. It is another 5 mins later we are informed that Batchelor would not be riding again and that we could use IRR as a replacement.... Don't you think the fans should've been told of Batch missing before making them wait over an hour under false pretences. It truth we never had a hope n' hell of getting back those points, and had the fans been kept informed they could have made their own mind up whether to stay or go home....

So this misdemeanour was far more than that. It was the dirtiest, most underhanded, contempt to the fans I've ever witnessed....

• Like 3

You were fortunate that you never went last week. Many times I have wished I hadn't gone either. But before you make a stupid comment like the above, Lets imagine you had paid your fee and was there waiting for the meeting to continue. At one time we were leading by 6, but now because of our riders not wanting to race, we are now 6 points drift. The Mic man tells us the Ref is coming down from his box to sort out some of the rider's issues. Then we wait,....... and wait......... We hear nothing,....... but we witness Buster working flat-out during remedy work on the track. Over an hour passes and still no information. We, the fans can only wait around ,in the hope we can claw back those points we are adrift.

Eventually 75 mins after the last message, we are informed that the meeting will continue. It is another 5 mins later we are informed that Batchelor would not be riding again and that we could use IRR as a replacement.... Don't you think the fans should've been told of Batch missing before making them wait over an hour under false pretences. It truth we never had a hope n' hell of getting back those points, and had the fans been kept informed they could have made their own mind up whether to stay or go home....

So this misdemeanour was far more than that. It was the dirtiest, most underhanded, contempt to the fans I've ever witnessed....

Now,now calm down,i wasn't on about the meeting in general.I was just saying about Batchelor's injury in that he must have been told not to race the rest of the meeting or Lynn would not have been able to use the IRR.I was replying to someone wanting rid of Batchelor for this.

So Batchelor was injured was he, same as he had an E/F in The World team cup and was excluded for it. Injured that badly that he got changed, load up and f***** off home, no thought of staying to support his team then ? Not a bit of it. Batchelor for Batchelor. , anyway he needed to get home to get his bikes ready to ride of Swindon 22 hours later. Miracle healing and all that. Then you had Holder who wouldn't come out as he didn't fancy the track ( I would wager he would have been out there if it was a Grand Prix),

What I really don't understand is why someone like Buster is allowing the likes of these 2 Aussies to pee all over him ? Not many people get to do that to Buster.

The place is a mess. It will be interesting to see if the fans show Buster by voting with their feet. I know a few who certainly wont be there.

As for that half assed apology put out, which ever PR Company Buster is using he should sack them.

• Like 1

of all the years of supporting the Stars I've never known things to be in such a sad state and I include the last season Waggy was in charge in that statement- bridge building between club and fans and riders and fans should have started last Friday morning here we are just over 48 hours before our next home meeting and we've had one feeble statement - an update on Dale would be a starting point an update on Lewis would also be good -and lastly a large slice of humble pie should be coming out of the club . Just why should fans turn up on Wednesday? Give us a reason Kings Lynn Speedway why should we spend £17 on you ?

One good reason to go would be to promise that such a thing will never happen again under his ownership. And another one would be to confirm that the club IS taking disciplinary action against Holder and giving Batchelor notice that he is on a final warning. But we are not going to get that are we?

It is not the first calamity this season and there have been too many track problems causing long delays for rectification in the last couple of years. Why should we trust Buster? It was a very different man who laboured to build up the club.

King's Lynn Speedway‏ @KLSpeedway 5m5 minutes ago

More

NEWS | Chris Holder suspended for 28-days by SCB - Steve Worrall comes in as guest for Wednesday v Rye House. Lewis Kerr for Lewis Rose too.

There ya go. :approve:

So guess Bratchelor is still riding. Let's hope a club statement is forthcoming on that and also Holders suspension.

JC, much as Batchelor's withdrawal annoyed folk as I understand it he didn't actually break any rules. Whether the rules are correct is a whole different matter :wink:

It is reasonable that they kept quiet if they knew the Holder matter was under investigation by the SCB but that was then a statement from the club on Holder's suspension should happen quickly as you say.

The ref didn't believe him at the World Cup. Spirit of the law was broken.

• Like 1

JC, much as Batchelor's withdrawal annoyed folk as I understand it he didn't actually break any rules. Whether the rules are correct is a whole different matter :wink:

It is reasonable that they kept quiet if they knew the Holder matter was under investigation by the SCB but that was then a statement from the club on Holder's suspension should happen quickly as you say.

Quite right Batchelor hasn't broken any rules.I don't know why people keep going on about it.And if he did pull a fast one it's not like it hasn't happened before is it.There's been many that have been injured/sick before meetings especially at tracks they dislike.It even happened in the good old days.

Edited by tellboy