British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

Joke club. Award the points to Rye. Speedway in the UK dying on its arse.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

So we've had a "wind off" & now a b0llocks rain off.

Joke of a club. No wonder the fans are up in arms.

What a fine example the chairman is setting.

Had me laughing out loud. :rofl:

wow, as Chris has so mildly put it.. a 'wind off' and now this.

Surely the top dog of the BSPA has a perfectly reasonable *ahem* 'excuse for tonight's cancellation..?

If not he needs a big fine for the contempt he has shown to everyone.

• Like 1

This call off doesn't surprise me at all. Buster know's hardly anyone would have turned up anyway. However calling off a meeting on a lovely summers evening (5% chance of rain according to BBC & Met office) is hardly going to keep true fans happy who just want to watch speedway bikes race!!

What concerns me most is just how much Buster is out of touch with the fans. Drastic changes are needed in the running of the club, if not I fear the worst!!!

It's also obvious if you follow twitter that the relationship between the club and a number of riders is strained. I'm trying to think about positives, but at the moment I can't think of any!

• Like 2

To be honest if Batchelor got away with his pretend injury and walkout without some form of repercussion it would be a travesty. Looks like Buster believes like the rest of us that Batchelor wasn't injured at all and has hopefully shown him the door. Batchelor is not currently injured so no reason why he wouldn't be riding.

Looks like heads have rolled after last weeks debacle.

Why was it a feigned injury??

Shanes pulls out on Monday night thus helping Poole by Starke covering him yet is 100% fit on Wednesday night. Pretty much the same as Batchelor dont you agree??

Batch hurt his wrist against Poole and also got injured in heat 15 when crashing the other night.....try harder

That`s a real shame for 2 reasons

1 we won`t find out why Huckenbeck wasn`t riding

2 We might have to wait some time before we hear what Buster had to say in his column- anyone know anybody at the printers ;)

I would guess his heavy get off in the SEC was a major factor

Edited by Gavan

Joke club. Award the points to Rye. Speedway in the UK dying on its arse.

it was against you we had the wind off I seem to recall so yes Rye should get all 4 points .

Complete farce AGAIN

I urge Mr Jensen to refuse to re-arrange the meeting and if the BSPA quite rightly award us 4 points then fine, if not, well at least we will stop KL the opportunity of getting 3 points and then hope Swindon get the fourth play off place.

• Like 2

Well you may all get what you wish for in 2018

What's that that we wish for?

It certainly not for the club to close but for it to gets it's house in order.

If it was to close that'll be a few £100's saved a year

• Like 1

What's that that we wish for?

It certainly not for the club to close but for it to gets it's house in order.

If it was to close that'll be a few £100's saved a year

not just the £100s saved I'm sick and tired of the hassle that is speedway in this country.

Your right all we wish for is the club to get its house in order . Couldn't care less about the play offs this situation is far more important than play offs it's about its survival .

Enjoyed the Kings Lynn rivalry with Rye in the mid to late 2000's. This situation is beyond farcical. Gotta feel for the loyal fans of both clubs who've taken time off and made arrangements to attend. I'd have been one of those had we not moved north.

Thank the lord I'm well out of it now.

I attended the Bandits v Glasgow meeting on Saturday with the farcical heat 15 nonsense. Speedway rapidly becoming a joke in the UK

Edited by Shads

There was a big big storm here that lasted about an hour.Started at 5am till about 6am.Very heavy rainfall.But was sunny and the roads were dry by 9am.

Not surprised at the rain off though.I doubt the track would drain fast enough.And Buster wouldn't want to risk a dodgy track again,plus half a team.

To re lay the track might of been an option imho.

The lynn track drains very quickly and even if they'd laid the shale it only takes 2 hours to redo. Fine and sunny all day today so the postponement is absolutely nothing to do with the weather.

See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645456

Well you may all get what you wish for in 2018

Presumably you mean well organised speedway in the UK where integrity is high and the spectators are put first?

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 2

Buster is scared to face the paying public and that is the only reason why this meeting is off.

KL are finished as a top flight club.

NKI doesn't do Britain because of the Polish rule.

C. Holder, Batchelor and R. Lambert have had enough at KL

Rory Schlein won't ride for Lynn ever again.

Cant see how Lynn would build a top flight team next season.

• Like 1

Speedy69 wrote " Presumably you mean well organised speedway in the UK where integrity is high and the spectators are put first?"

​That outcome Is getting to be an unrealistic dream and the reality a nightmare. It certainly is at KLS. The best we can hope for is that a new promoter takes over the rights ( not a shadow one ) and the Stars run at Championship level in 2018 - if they run at all. Many fans now have zero belief in Busters efforts regardless of how long he claims to put in on the track. The results of those hours in terms of rider and fans satisfaction is pretty low and it is unlikely to be easily restored.

• Like 1

I remember when Kings Lynn were the envy of British speedway. Decent stadium, professionally run and with a cracking side. What the hell happened?