British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

I remember when Kings Lynn were the envy of British speedway. Decent stadium, professionally run and with a cracking side. What the hell happened?

Well the stadium is still decent,the team ​was pretty good.As for the rest...T*ts up springs to mind :cry:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Can't understand why people are moaning about an early call-off when the track would be drenched after last night's rain with more forecast?

Buster could probably make it rideable but who wants to see that? The fans want to see racing surely and if he's expecting a good crowd after last week he knows thats unlikely to happen in such circumstances so good call a.f.a.i.c :t:

Can't understand why people are moaning about an early call-off when the track would be drenched after last night's rain with more forecast?

Buster could probably make it rideable but who wants to see that? The fans want to see racing surely and if he's expecting a good crowd after last week he knows thats unlikely to happen in such circumstances so good call a.f.a.i.c :t:

Nonsense. Have been there umpteen times, even when the whole track was under water. It drains quickly and the track can be re-laid in 2 hours - oh and no more rain is forecast either.

• Like 4

Oh please stop this nonsense. If Kings Lynn were anywhere near full strength and this was a meeting of any importance or due to be televised they'd be moving heaven and earth to get the track fit. You're either very naive, or your name is Buster Chapman. Edited by Shads
  • Like 7

Nonsense. Have been there umpteen times, even when the whole track was under water. It drains quickly and the track can be re-laid in 2 hours - oh and no more rain is forecast either.

So youre happy to see the tractors go round and no racing? ...each to their own I guess :icon_smile_clown:

... and yes more rain was forecast y'day so why risk it?

Edited by Star Fever

So youre happy to see the tractors go round and then

No reason for tractors to go round. Been no rain since 6 am, slight breeze, nice and warm and the sun has shown it's face now and then. No rain forecast.

• Like 1

Buster used to be the man who could rescue a meeting after wet weather conditions. Now he reminds me of Len silver, who used to call meetings off at rye if there was a dark cloud in the sky. Maybe it's an age thing.

So many questions with no answers.

Buster hasn't showed any respect to Gavin Caney or the fans in fact he probably comes out of this even worse then Batchelor and Holder do.

You can't say to your paying customers that there will be comments in the programme about last weeks meeting and then that's the end of it.

Just being a coward with no backbone tbh.

If I was Buster I would have run tonight's meeting and before the first race I would get on the mic and apologise to the fans for last weeks fiasco.

I also would've sacked Batchelor and Holder and got 2 Championship riders in to send out a statement that no rider is bigger than the club and that the fans opinions do matter.

Yes the team would look weak but at least you would have 7 riders who are proud to represent Kings Lynn and would put in 100% for the fans no matter what the conditions are like.

• Like 5

To be honest if Batchelor got away with his pretend injury and walkout without some form of repercussion it would be a travesty. Looks like Buster believes like the rest of us that Batchelor wasn't injured at all and has hopefully shown him the door. Batchelor is not currently injured so no reason why he wouldn't be riding.

Looks like heads have rolled after last weeks debacle.

please again i ask why its a pretend injury?

James Shanes with his 'pretend injury' is riding tonight?? No you dont agree?

I'm no Batchelor fan but to be fair he did take a heavy knock to his wrist on Monday so this time it might be genuine.

What is unacceptable is fans finding out from sources other than the club.

correct

Batchelor appeared to be injured again in heat 15 when guesting for Swindon last Monday so perhaps this time he really has a genuine excuse not to ride.

correct

• Like 1

No reason for tractors to go round. Been no rain since 6 am, slight breeze, nice and warm and the sun has shown it's face now and then. No rain forecast.

Yes I'm sure the meeting would have been fantastic ... :rofl:

a wet track was the root of the problems last week so he'd not want any more whinges would he ?

a wet track was the root of the problems last week

Which meeting did you watch? Not the one I saw.

So many questions with no answers.

Buster hasn't showed any respect to Gavin Caney or the fans in fact he probably comes out of this even worse then Batchelor and Holder do.

You can't say to your paying customers that there will be comments in the programme about last weeks meeting and then that's the end of it.

Just being a coward with no backbone tbh.

If I was Buster I would have run tonight's meeting and before the first race I would get on the mic and apologise to the fans for last weeks fiasco.

I also would've sacked Batchelor and Holder and got 2 Championship riders in to send out a statement that no rider is bigger than the club and that the fans opinions do matter.

Yes the team would look weak but at least you would have 7 riders who are proud to represent Kings Lynn and would put in 100% for the fans no matter what the conditions are like.

Can't argue with that.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I remember when Kings Lynn were the envy of British speedway. Decent stadium, professionally run and with a cracking side. What the hell happened?

Not to mention a brilliant track, I used to go there 4/5 times a season, well worth 170 mile round trip, wouldn't go there these days if it was just down the road.

• Like 1

For the record...

Track record 57.6 Nicki Pedersen 11/09/2002

Heat 1 Troy Batchelor 58.12 (0.52 off TR)

Heat 2 Lewis Rose 58.92 (1.32 off TR)

Heat 3 Robert Lambert 58.06 (0.46 off TR)

Heat 4 Hans Andersen 59.50 (1.8 off the TR. The slowest time so far. Chris Holder pulled up)

Heat 5 Robert Lambert 58.31 (0.71 off TR)

I was expecting a new TR and as such expected processional racing. It wasn't bad, trust me.

Oh, and if you think the remedial work was needed or not, or made no different...

Heat 14 Robert Lambert 58.95 (1.35 off the TR)

and even KK, who looked unhappy with conditions earlier (pulled up in heat 5), set a time 59.15 in heat 13.

There were riders who were just not trying

I'm bloody cross, sorry.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

Are you sure about that, isn't he the main sponsor of Troy Batchelor? You know the whining Aussie who got injured on wednesday and has been a pain in the backside for many a year at kings Lynn?

As I have said on another thread, speedway in my opinion is a pack of cards and it won't be long before one puff blows the whole lot down.... And that may be at the end of this season if no TV money is forthcoming for 2018.

JC. Is there a clause in the TV contract? My understanding is they signed a five year deal in 2014, that means one more season of this nonsense. So another year of overpaid foreigners in Div 1, and average riders doubling up, but getting £?? a point more one night than another.