British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

Enjoyed the Kings Lynn rivalry with Rye in the mid to late 2000's. This situation is beyond farcical. Gotta feel for the loyal fans of both clubs who've taken time off and made arrangements to attend. I'd have been one of those had we not moved north.

Thank the lord I'm well out of it now.

I attended the Bandits v Glasgow meeting on Saturday with the farcical heat 15 nonsense. Speedway rapidly becoming a joke in the UK

The Chapman family also owned the local football club and were pulling in gates of 800 plus, in fact over 2,000 for one game. The Speedway was well run, like you say. Now The Football club has been sold gates dwindling down to half what they were, Speedway Business seemingly in total disarray. One common denominator.... or rather missing link...

Step forward Jonathan Chapman..

Edited by semion
  • Like 4

Which meeting did you watch? Not the one I saw.

you missed the rain? :shock: - were you in the bar or something?It started when the match started... albeit light rain but persistent ... and after a few heats the track was greasy and there was little racing. and was Also the likely cause of the pile up in ht 6 when Jorgensen spun (credit to him btw for not whinging even so) then ht 9 and it all kicked off. and then came the track work. so yes rain was root of the probs .... (not helped ofc by the bloody ref who visited the pits too late to diffuse the moans ).

And yes the times early on proved the track didn't stop the riders going fast(not that thats a reason for enjoying speedway is it?).

Anyway I've had enough of this bickering - i have a meal to eat and looking forward to NOT enduring what would no doubt have been a waste of time + money tonight instead of a proper speedway meeting.

You,re entitled to your opinions ofc but so am I ... so bibi - have a nice evening :)

Edited by Star Fever

For the record...

Track record 57.6 Nicki Pedersen 11/09/2002

Heat 1 Troy Batchelor 58.12 (0.52 off TR)

Heat 2 Lewis Rose 58.92 (1.32 off TR)

Heat 3 Robert Lambert 58.06 (0.46 off TR)

Heat 4 Hans Andersen 59.50 (1.8 off the TR. The slowest time so far. Chris Holder pulled up)

Heat 5 Robert Lambert 58.31 (0.71 off TR)

I was expecting a new TR and as such expected processional racing. It wasn't bad, trust me.

Oh, and if you think the remedial work was needed or not, or made no different...

Heat 14 Robert Lambert 58.95 (1.35 off the TR)

and even KK, who looked unhappy with conditions earlier (pulled up in heat 5), set a time 59.15 in heat 13.

There were riders who were just not trying

I'm bloody cross, sorry.

you missed the rain? :shock: - were yu in the bar or something?It started when the match started... albeit light rain but persistent ... and aftr a few heats the track was track was greasy and there was little racing. Also the likely the cause of the pile up in ht 6 when Jorgensen spun (credit to him btw for not whinging even so) then ht 9 and it all kicked off. and then the track work. so yes rain was root of the probs .... (not helped ofc by the bloody ref who visited the pits too late to diffuse the moans ).

I refer you to my previous post. If a circuit is greasy you don't don't get record race times. The riders who struggled had not set up for a grippy surface and went into the corners half hearted. Seeing riders in the same race powering through the corners and others backing off on the entry and flat tanking through the corner was very telling.

Dispute my stats!

Oh. Was that the same Thomas Jorgensen who went round in 59.65, in heat 8, before the remedial track work?

Edited by False dawn

wow, as Chris has so mildly put it.. a 'wind off' and now this.

Surely the top dog of the BSPA has a perfectly reasonable *ahem* 'excuse for tonight's cancellation..?

If not he needs a big fine for the contempt he has shown to everyone.

28 days suspension required :t:

I remember when Kings Lynn were the envy of British speedway. Decent stadium, professionally run and with a cracking side. What the hell happened?

JC left :cry:

The season started several weeks ago not last Thursday. He never left until it was over or do you know better.

Of course I don't. I haven't been going for ages; far too sensible for that. You are certain that he never left until it was over, are you? Proof?

• Like 2

The season started several weeks ago not last Thursday. He never left until it was over or do you know better.

I don't. But the SCB have banned him for leaving (or threatening to leave). Do you know better than that?

An absolute farce that this meeting was called off - Kings Lynn have done this a few times this season now.

I do feel bad for the fans though, and as to think the guy running Kings Lynn is also running British Speedway..........no wonder it's in such a mess!!

Edited by Perton Wolf

Can't understand why people are moaning about an early call-off when the track would be drenched after last night's rain with more forecast?

Buster could probably make it rideable but who wants to see that? The fans want to see racing surely and if he's expecting a good crowd after last week he knows thats unlikely to happen in such circumstances so good call a.f.a.i.c :t:

People will moan whatever,it keeps them happy.People want a great track so riders can ride it.Then they moan when it's off as Buster probably wouldn't get the track into good enough shape for racing.If it did go ahead then the same fans would be moaning as the match was sh*t.

There was alot of rain in the early hours of the morning,a friend of mine came up to through Lynn at 5am and said it was like driving through a river.

People say it's now dry etc,which yes the roads and paths are but things that hold water are not.As Buster has used a different material on the track which by all accounts have bit more clay based material in it then this would hold the water more.

I think Buster is trying to get the track to what people want,but i suppose he could go back to the original material and then we could see all the people on here again moaning.

• Like 1

I suppose we will have to wait to hear what Buster put in tonight's program until the restaging of the meeting. Or will the club put it on there website for us all to read?.

I remember when Kings Lynn were the envy of British speedway. Decent stadium, professionally run and with a cracking side. What the hell happened?

We went to the EL.

• Like 1

Such an awful sport.

No....

A brilliant sport, ran awfully....

• Like 5

Just checked weather on my phone and says kings Lynn is still dry and hot and not expecting any rain until tomorrow. Can anyone local confirm what the weather is like at present?

Just checked weather on my phone and says kings Lynn is still dry and hot and not expecting any rain until tomorrow. Can anyone local confirm what the weather is like at present?

Been dry all day,some sun and breezy.