British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Rye House 19/07/17

You were fortunate that you never went last week. Many times I have wished I hadn't gone either. But before you make a stupid comment like the above, Lets imagine you had paid your fee and was there waiting for the meeting to continue. At one time we were leading by 6, but now because of our riders not wanting to race, we are now 6 points drift. The Mic man tells us the Ref is coming down from his box to sort out some of the rider's issues. Then we wait,....... and wait......... We hear nothing,....... but we witness Buster working flat-out during remedy work on the track. Over an hour passes and still no information. We, the fans can only wait around ,in the hope we can claw back those points we are adrift.

Eventually 75 mins after the last message, we are informed that the meeting will continue. It is another 5 mins later we are informed that Batchelor would not be riding again and that we could use IRR as a replacement.... Don't you think the fans should've been told of Batch missing before making them wait over an hour under false pretences. It truth we never had a hope n' hell of getting back those points, and had the fans been kept informed they could have made their own mind up whether to stay or go home....

So this misdemeanour was far more than that. It was the dirtiest, most underhanded, contempt to the fans I've ever witnessed....

The problem is that there is a leader/owner/main man who is not able to see the bigger picture. He is incapable of delegating. Should he really be concentrating on driving the tractor and fixing the track when someone who knows what they are doing should be handling this side of things? He surely should be overseeing the whole show, ensuring that contact with the lifeblood (the supporters) is maintained and that things are running smoothly. He takes his eye off the ball and gets involved in things that others could be doing. I'm not sure why I'm writing this because I threw in the towel a long while ago, sick to death with the absence of any sort of entertainment and the contempt shown to supporters. No more!

So Batchelor was injured was he, same as he had an E/F in The World team cup and was excluded for it. Injured that badly that he got changed, load up and f***** off home, no thought of staying to support his team then ? Not a bit of it. Batchelor for Batchelor. , anyway he needed to get home to get his bikes ready to ride of Swindon 22 hours later. Miracle healing and all that. Then you had Holder who wouldn't come out as he didn't fancy the track ( I would wager he would have been out there if it was a Grand Prix),

What I really don't understand is why someone like Buster is allowing the likes of these 2 Aussies to pee all over him ? Not many people get to do that to Buster.

The place is a mess. It will be interesting to see if the fans show Buster by voting with their feet. I know a few who certainly wont be there.

As for that half assed apology put out, which ever PR Company Buster is using he should sack them.

Why have PR? That costs money. Why employ someone to prepare the track properly? That costs money. Why keep your customers informed? That costs money.

One problem Bratchelor is still in the team so certainly not one that is going to give 100%.

The fans have had no news from him or club as to why he packed his bikes, buggered off during the meeting and made a miraculous recovery for a meeting at Swindon the following night.

Don't defend the indefensible.

He seems to give 100% when he is guesting for Swindon! :shock:

The main person everyone wanted to hear from the other night was far to busy tyre packing the track with the little Truck, to have the time to speak en-mass to his loyal customer base. Surely Buster should have been in the front line of this mess not pee arsing about riding around in the presentation truck with all the chairs still on board. Professional sport ? You couldn't write it.

You wouldn't see Abramovich cutting the grass at Stamford Bridge before a game. :rofl:

• Like 2

He gives 100% whoever he rides for and that goes for K/L. He has to earn a living for just a few months of the year.

Giving 100% includes going home halfway through a meeting does it? Get real!

Perhaps buster has suspended Kai for not riding in heat 9 ?

He's not guesting for Swindon, is he? :nono:;)

Perhaps buster has suspended Kai for not riding in heat 9 ?

this is typical of the club fans again kept in the dark treated like fools - we are definitely giving tonight's meeting a miss to me nothing has been learned by the club from last Thursday sadly - the £34 we save will be spent in Cardiff on Saturday obviously KL speedway doesn't value our support. Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

I have to agree with Starboy118 who said

" The problem is that there is a leader/owner/main man who is not able to see the bigger picture. He is incapable of delegating. Should he really be concentrating on driving the tractor and fixing the track when someone who knows what they are doing should be handling this side of things? He surely should be overseeing the whole show, ensuring that contact with the lifeblood (the supporters) is maintained and that things are running smoothly. He takes his eye off the ball and gets involved in things that others could be doing. I'm not sure why I'm writing this because I threw in the towel a long while ago, sick to death with the absence of any sort of entertainment and the contempt shown to supporters. No more!"

There was no other Promoter / Club Owner / Manager ( with authority ) to step in last Thursday. Will we ever hear from Rob Lyon about what his involvement at KLS really involves. It was leaderless / rudderless last week and that is a problem that looks no different this week ( or ever, without re-structuring within KLS ). How can Buster say " it will never, ever happen again " - he could not stop a rider strike from developing last week and never can?

Wouldn't it be great if Kai or the club put out a simple tweet or update via facebook.... I really can not understand what the problem is and why everything seems to be such a big secret?

Buster sees the need to diversify his business interests and mushroom farming can be quite profitable. A good friend tells me I need to laugh about it all because taking it seriously is pointless.

The only action fans can take is to go or NOT go to further matches. With the weather problems of today the Rye House match looks as if track problems will affect it again and it could easily be deja vu tonight. Buster's promise to never let it happen again may be tested immediately.

It did rain yesterday in Cornwall so is the match off yet?

And there was a deluge of monsoon like rain from around 5am ( to 6 am ) in KL. I am three miles from the stadium. The rest of the day is set fair - hot even - but wether Buster can do the track to the satisfaction of the home riders, who knows? There will be a sun delay if the forecast is correct and if the match is on.

Can I ask why the two riders who refused to ride in heat 8 or 9 against Poole are not banned for 28 days like Holder? Batchelors 'injury' is clear to everyone. Back racing 24 hours later with no effects. But Lambert and I think Huckenbeck failed to race so surely they should receive the same penalty as Holder.

Or is there just double standards here?

Probably because Holder refused to ride after the track grade.

Reported on twitter that Radio Norfolk says King in for Batchelor.

Oh I do hope that that is true! Club will announce it at 7.28 pm no doubt.

Oh I do hope that that is true! Club will announce it at 7.28 pm no doubt.

Person who tweeted it is usually reliable. As Lynn have already announced 2 guests, I think one of them will have to revert to r/r, if it's true

Well hopefully we won't see batch in a Kingslynn shirt anymore 🙏 He needs to go with holder. Least Danny king will have a go and put some effort in 👍

• Like 1

To be honest if Batchelor got away with his pretend injury and walkout without some form of repercussion it would be a travesty. Looks like Buster believes like the rest of us that Batchelor wasn't injured at all and has hopefully shown him the door. Batchelor is not currently injured so no reason why he wouldn't be riding.

Looks like heads have rolled after last weeks debacle.

Reported on twitter that Radio Norfolk says King in for Batchelor.

Could Batch be Poole bound in place of Kasprzak as Poole only have a week I think before Kasprzak's average drops ?.

Or is it just that he is injured.

Edited by B.V 72