British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Somerset 7/8/17(£10 Adults)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, didn't like the losing bit, but it was always going to be close.. The fact it was in the mix till the very end created more atmosphere and excitement. Somerset rode well and desrved their success, especially considering they were only a 5 man team. It could have been different but that the way the cookie crumbles sometimes... Still early days with better to come from the new boys. Robert will improve when feeling fit, THJ needs more time , and Huckenbeck was majestic running to get that solidary point. MPT and Auty have more to give. Jorgensen was immense, our Star rider without doubt. My main concern is Porsing. Such an enigma in that he should be so much better. Rode like an utter novice and should do so much better. Nobody would believe he been at Lynn 4 yrs , or that he scored double figures most weeks abroad. if he can't do better than that, I'm afraid he's got to go. Had he scored 5 pts tonight could have been the difference from winning and losing.......

We are programmed to ride 5 meetings in the next 10 day period. Somerset at home was deemed to be the easiest of those meetings. Riding how we did last night shows how weak we really are. To be competitive we need all 7 riders to be on song. Unless that happens, then this could be the start of a bad sequence .

At least that will make Folder and Thatch happy..... :rofl::rofl:

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

i thought it was a good meeting for watching on tv looked quite a good crowd there one or two people saying it was a poor meeting dont get that

• Like 5

Danny Smith wrote " Strange how some meeting come across on TV to being there.

It was a hugely improved meeting with riders that just want to do their best on a grippy surface rather than moan about it.

We lost, well done to Somerset for the win & offering some excellent entertainment.

Really enjoyed tonight, terrific atmosphere just like the PL days.

A very happy Stars fan who's very happy with the team.

Couldn't care less if we don't win another meeting in 2017."

I go along with all of that as for me it was perfect example of what I want to see - other than a home loss. A crisply, well run meeting that was done and dusted in less than two hours ( 90 mins from tapes up to final flag ). Plenty of close racing with enough passing and the possibility of more if the rider in from was not really paying attention. Compared to any other meeting I have seen at KLS this season. It was the most enjoyable and I rated it highly for VFM. I have been a critic of much about how KLS has been in the last two or three years but this was a big improvement and is what I will judge future meetings on, Against my better judgement I went to watch it at the AFA ( rather than on BT ) and in the company of a friend who very much wanted to "be there'. I came away - much to my surprise - pleased with what I saw. Buster, clerk of the course, whoever - please take note of How To Do It when the cameras are there and apply the same methods every race night. I believe that it is just not what I want but that plenty of others do too. No superstars! But most riders of around the same standard. Made me want to see more of the same.

• Like 7

i thought it was a good meeting for watching on tv looked quite a good crowd there one or two people saying it was a poor meeting dont get that

I haven't seen the meeting on TV, but as someone who was in attendance, it was a decent nights speedway.

As for the person who said the crowd was small and the meeting had no atmosphere, can't have been there.

• Like 1

I watched on TV, not a bad meeting but very little overtaking , Illustrates the fact that a Championship side that Somerset are can beat what is now a championship side at Lynn. Why we have 2 leagues is mystifying.

Lynn have 4 Doublers & Somerset 6 .....

All the doubling up does is make more money for the riders, does not improve them by riding at a higher level.

If the 2 leagues remain next year I would doubt that Kings Lynn will stay at top level ,

• Like 2

There is something wrong with this track surface

To be fair that's something you could probably say about 90% of the tracks in the country.

Lynn need to put a proper kerb in though, it's dangerous when riders lose their front wheels going on to the concrete inside.

Seems like another example of a stock car track being used by Speedway rather than the other way around.

Ooops!

Think you might have to reconsider that assessment. :P

Uhmm, yes, I got that wrong for sure!! Underestimated just how bad Lynn are now, I'm afraid!

To be fair that's something you could probably say about 90% of the tracks in the country.

Lynn need to put a proper kerb in though, it's dangerous when riders lose their front wheels going on to the concrete inside.

Seems like another example of a stock car track being used by Speedway rather than the other way around.

Owners/promoters have to concentrate on what makes them the money these days I'm afraid and the fact is that apart from the odd 'special' speedway meeting (like the World Cup) the Stockies brings in far bigger crowds than the speedway does and also more entertainment too most of the time!!.

Watched this on TV and thought it was a good meeting - all the riders looked to be having a go so no complaints from me. Track looked a joy to ride, very smooth.

Never more obvious than watching last night, the place doesn't look like a speedway stadium any more, big high mesh fences everywhere and the lack of a centre green. Still, if that's what pays the bills then who can blame him.

I watched on TV, not a bad meeting but very little overtaking , Illustrates the fact that a Championship side that Somerset are can beat what is now a championship side at Lynn. Why we have 2 leagues is mystifying.

All the doubling up does is make more money for the riders, does not improve them by riding at a higher level.

If the 2 leagues remain next year I would doubt that Kings Lynn will stay at top level ,

even though there was not a lot of passing the racing was close enjoyed it

• Like 1

Smoothly run speedway meeting, two full seven-man teams, some good, close racing

What more can one wish for?

Kings Lynn to finish bottom?

Somerset to make the playoffs?

This season has been massively topsy turvy, not easy to call for sure. Sounds like it was a decent meeting.

• Like 1

It's good to see that some can understand where KL are at this moment.

I'm sure that very few expected the team to be any stronger after the changes made recently, but the important point in all of this is that all of the riders that competed last night will be getting their pay cheque shortly. Holder & Batchelor will have no need to wait in for their post to arrive.

• Like 2

Why we have 2 leagues is mystifying.

NB, surely you've just answered your own question, not enough riders for 1 league. Only going to get worse with the Poland +1 thing. Due to the Sky deal it'll probably be the same again next year, then all change in 2019. No TV money, one realistic top division for the 12/13 tracks that can afford it. Well, that's the way I see it panning out.
  • Like 1