British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester V Kings Lynn Saturday 5th August

Dan Bewley - almost 40% of Kings Lynn points...

Well done Dan...

A Belle Vue Reserve...

Well done British Speedway...

A total shambles of a sport....

It is,i agree....

3 of the Lynn boys done alright at Workington tonight.

To be fair is he a suitable replacement for a number 1?

He is a championship No 1 and there isn't much of a difference. Thing is, though, he was utterly pathetic and I hope he was heavily fined. With the Grand Monarch in charge, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Dan Bewley - almost 40% of Kings Lynn points...

Well done Dan...

A Belle Vue Reserve...

Well done British Speedway...

A total shambles of a sport....

That score really doesn't go anywhere near justifying just how important he was to this meeting. He fought for every point and his brilliant passing moves turned a ruin of a match into something almost worth watching. Star of the show by miles.

Thomas and Lambert weren't interested, Garrity was worse and we had to put with Peter York and his inane drivel, for heavens sake.

One interesting point : McGregor apparently refused permission for a sun break which caused several toys to be thrown out in the pits.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

No point in having one big league. There isn't enough riders to fill the teams.

Think you could get the riders.But if you feel we couldn't get enough riders then how about 6 man teams.

Think you could get the riders.But if you feel we couldn't get enough riders then how about 6 man teams.

Danish 5 man format?

• Like 1

Danish 5 man format?

For me 100%....

Ten riders per match...

Each averaging £1000...

Best averaged riders get more than £1k, lesser riders get less..

Total outlay therefore is £10k per team for the home and away legs...

Meaning £15 admission per adult would need 800 fans per match to pay for the two match outlay and the VAT...

Take it or leave it is the deal for the riders, sign up 100% for every meeting...

Any extra made from personal or club sponsorship is theirs to share...

Or don't agree with the terms and ride overseas..

Won't bring any World Class GP riders on that money but will deliver plenty of riders who would love to earn that money three or four times a week..

Get the team strengths compatible, four riders per race of similar standard, and the racing will justify the £15 outlay...

You don't need World Class riders to make great Speedway, you do though need riders of a similar level, regardless of how that level sits in the grand scheme of things..

'Heroes' will be lost, but more 'Heroes' will be made...

99.9% of the population of Britain have no idea who Jason Doyle, Freddie Lindgren and Chris Holder are anyway...

A huge 60 million+ potential fans are out there if the sport is run correctly. .

Imagine that?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

couple of questions from a lions fan.

1) Does Peter York ever stop waffling on about feck all? He drives you round the chuffin' bend. Haven't we had to suffer enough Coventry rejects already (Garrity, Lynch) without having to put up with him too. please get rid asap.

2) why does any team sign three laps Lambert? I've never seen him complete a full race.

3) knuckle scraper Garrity.... Just why?

4) Dan Bewley,how good is he? Definitely one for the future.

• Like 1

How many meetings each week are actually run where there is a 1-7 with no guests and no r/r?

I think trying to attract new fans in the current state of the sport is so difficult, how on earth do you try and explain the farce of the team line ups tonight? There is no future in team speedway, you are better running an individual meeting week in week out as this doubling up issue gets worse year on year and as a bees fan I have missed speedway but not the merry go round and as in the star with Berwick using 46 riders so far this season it's absolute nonsense.

The team Kings Lynn put out is embarrassing, to pay elite league entrance fee for that is robbing the public. Who wants to see that tonight, they should be fined for fielding such a poor team. Buster can't blame this on anybody else, he made his choices and has to live with the consequences.

Sad night for British speedway and Monday night on TV isn't exactly the fixture we need to sell the sport, be praying for rain I imagine.

• Like 3

Why anybody uses Garrity is beyond me. The lads got talent but too petulant

The team Kings Lynn put out is embarrassing, to pay elite league entrance fee for that is robbing the public. Who wants to see that tonight, they should be fined for fielding such a poor team. Buster can't blame this on anybody else, he made his choices and has to live with the consequences.

"We head to Leicester on Saturday but my main focus is Monday when we have a very special meeting against Somerset here at the Adrian Flux Arena." That is a direct quote from Buster Chapman (the man in charge of British Speedway) on the KL website and with an attitude like that it's no wonder the sport is in the state that it is. A total disregard for anything other than trying to get fans through his own turnstiles. What he doesn't realise is that if every promoter took that attitude (and most of them do) then there is no real competition (like whoever went tonight witnessed) and the sport (and I use the term loosely) is in a downward spiral into oblivion

• Like 4

this must be the worst result in premiership . so surely keith chapman should resign

How many meetings each week are actually run where there is a 1-7 with no guests and no r/r?

I think trying to attract new fans in the current state of the sport is so difficult, how on earth do you try and explain the farce of the team line ups tonight? There is no future in team speedway, you are better running an individual meeting week in week out as this doubling up issue gets worse year on year and as a bees fan I have missed speedway but not the merry go round and as in the star with Berwick using 46 riders so far this season it's absolute nonsense.

Sad night for British speedway and Monday night on TV isn't exactly the fixture we need to sell the sport, be praying for rain I imagine.

A normal meeting must cost in total around £20 - £25k for both teams' wages...

A better idea would be to have an individual with a £25k prize fund...

Run six or so of them a year, properly marketed and build up momentum to a 'big' end of season finale...

Either run the sport in this country as a team sport properly meaning no guests, doubling up etc or not do it at all..

Follow the USA and Aussie and make it individual only if it's the only way to run it with integrity and credibility..

In its current guise it is 100% truly 'Donald Ducked'...

Edited by mikebv