British Speedway Forum
RedcarB123

Redcar V Sheffield Friday

Would be ironic if our no 1 helped our closest rivals to an away win. British speedway is just crazy

Josh G not riding leg injury. Lawson guest for the Tigers. Should be a close thing. UTT

Reckon by tomorrow night (Saturday) it'll be 4 teams Lawson has ridden for in 4 days: Somerset (Wednesday), Workington (Thursday), Sheffield (Friday), Glasgow (Saturday). Obviously a busy man.

Edited by fourthbender

Reckon by tomorrow night (Saturday) it'll be 4 teams Lawson has ridden for in 4 days: Somerset (Wednesday), Workington (Thursday), Sheffield (Friday), Glasgow (Saturday). Obviously a busy man.

Just highlights how stupid this sport can be, no point in signing riders just pick whoever you want.

What this can of worms opens is if Richard doesn't perform when his own team visit Redcar I am sure assumptions will be made.

Would be ironic if our no 1 helped our closest rivals to an away win. British speedway is just crazy

Think most fan's are just getting fed up with the whole scenario.

In what other sport can your asset ride for your main rival and help them pull even further clear from his own team, it is just beyond farcical now.

• Like 3

Very happy Sheffield supporter on my way home tonight!!!!

Howarth, Lawson and Bates on a different level altogether.

Let's hope Richard can score the same for Glasgow next week.....

Up the Tigers

• Like 1

Very happy Sheffield supporter on my way home tonight!!!!

Howarth, Lawson and Bates on a different level altogether.

Let's hope Richard can't score the same for Glasgow next week.....

Up the Tigers

Just needed to change this for you

• Like 1

Tonight says it all re the sport i have loved nearly all my life.High farce.Everyone on here is intelligent enough to know what i mean.

Tonight says it all re the sport i have loved nearly all my life.High farce.Everyone on here is intelligent enough to know what i mean.

Josh G is just as capable of doing what Richard Lawson did at the STMP tonight. Sheffields' top 3 were head and shoulders above their Redcar rivals.

Josh G is just as capable of doing what Richard Lawson did at the STMP tonight. Sheffields' top 3 were head and shoulders above their Redcar rivals.

I think he means Lawson rode against Sheffield last night for Workington but tonight.....crazy. That's how it is though but turning people off.

Think Richard forgot which Tigers owners,sponsors and supporters have paid his wages and cheered for him the last 3 years. Just shat on us from a great height.

Edited by Fingersfin

I think he means Lawson rode against Sheffield last night for Workington but tonight.....crazy. That's how it is though but turning people off.

There's more than that turning long term fans away from speedway!

Yeh but it's part of it. My point was it had nothing to do with what Josh would have done.

Think Richard forgot which Tigers owners,sponsors and supporters have paid his wages and cheered for him the last 3 years. Just shat on us from a great height.

Yep he certainly has and now his performances and scoring will be scrutinised.

He has probably helped another team finish above the team that pays his wages.

Yeh but it's part of it. My point was it had nothing to do with what Josh would have done.

So what's your take on what should happen if your number 1 is injured (or ill) and can't ride?

Yep he certainly has and now his performances and scoring will be scrutinised.

He has probably helped another team finish above the team that pays his wages.

Some of you lot really take biscuit sometimes for your selfish/narrow minded comments when other results impact on Glasgow's title quest.

Every team at some time, including your beloved Tigers, has had to use guests under various circumstances.

However it appears that you expect Lawson to decline bookings or deliberately under-perform if called upon by your perceived title rivals.

If every Promotion were allowed to sanction as to which other sides their contracted riders could, or could not guest for, this would be restricting their earning opportunities.

Oh and in case you are unaware, come the Play-offs, riders from the qualifying teams, are not permitted to be used as guests at this stage.

• Like 8

Got 20 boxes of tissues ready to send up to Glasgow soon with all these comments

• Like 2