British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mattfordfan

Buster Chapman

Seems to me that Buster is coming accross as very un-professional. Buster will be a bigger cancer to British Speedway than Mick Horton ever was in my opinion.

*Saying Peterborough sold British Speedway down the river by giving Jack Holder permission to race for Torun.

UTTER CRAP! Peterborough's rider so Peterborough's choice in my opinion

*The time of the Troy Batchelor and Chris Holder sacking fiasco.

Sacking them with no time left to get a new club was childish, bitter and pathetic. Yes Chris and Troy are not well liked by the majority (I like both of them) but the time of the sacking's was just wrong.

*Calling off a meeting when the forecast is set for a sunny day.

Buster didn't want to race as he knew his team would get beat so he decided to call it off.

No matter what club us fans support. We all like our Speedway and we all like to here positive news about our sport on a regular basis and not negative news on a regular basis.

In my opinion Buster needs to step down ASAP as he is not professional enough for the job. Buster will put the final nail in the coffin if he stays on next season.

Next season we need to have a chairman or a consortium who isn't currently involved with a British Speedway club. Maybe a consortium of ex-managers or ex-riders from back in the day should be considered.

What are your thought's on Buster as BSPA Chairman. Would you be happy if he stayed on next season? or would you like to see someone else in charge next season?

Best man for the job. Finally someone stands up for British Speedway. Peterborough are a disgrace.. should be fined double even treble the bung they recieved from Torun

• Like 8

It hardly matters who is in charge, if it is someone from within the existing "club" of promoters. Buster has done very little to improve speedway in Britain. Unless he and the others have some miracle " save the sport" plan for this winter it will just go on diminishing with less and less supporters attending. It will collapse in on itself and what later emerges may be semi pro riders working on a very different basis than they do today. It is just unsustainable as things are now, whoever is believed to be in charge.

I'm not sure we need yet another thread spelling out how crap Chapman has been as bspa chairman but it just illustrates what a cock up his chairmanship has been.

He's not standing up for British speedway, he is having a cack handed go at Peterborough in the same way he had a go at Belle Vue over the opening night fiasco. He simply went shooting from the hip without even bothering to get the full story. The way he handled the Holder/Batchelor thing was appalling. The irony of a rider refusing to ride a dangerous track after the Belle Vue debacle is almost funny if it wasn't so damaging to British speedway.

If he was going to stand up for British speedway he should have made it bspa policy that tracks didn't sign the deal with the poles, where was he then? Too busy trying to get his slimy hands on Belle Vue and taking 10% off any payments he was involved in.

Chapman has been an unmitigated disaster for British speedway but as long as he gets his 10% he won't be going anywhere.[/quote

The track wasn't dangerous

I love this call for someone independent to run the sport.

Lovely idea but who will be paying the 50k minimum they would want for the job.

Seems to me that Buster is coming accross as very un-professional. Buster will be a bigger cancer to British Speedway than Mick Horton ever was in my opinion.

*Saying Peterborough sold British Speedway down the river by giving Jack Holder permission to race for Torun.

UTTER CRAP! Peterborough's rider so Peterborough's choice in my opinion

*The time of the Troy Batchelor and Chris Holder sacking fiasco.

Sacking them with no time left to get a new club was childish, bitter and pathetic. Yes Chris and Troy are not well liked by the majority (I like both of them) but the time of the sacking's was just wrong.

*Calling off a meeting when the forecast is set for a sunny day.

Buster didn't want to race as he knew his team would get beat so he decided to call it off.

No matter what club us fans support. We all like our Speedway and we all like to here positive news about our sport on a regular basis and not negative news on a regular basis.

In my opinion Buster needs to step down ASAP as he is not professional enough for the job. Buster will put the final nail in the coffin if he stays on next season.

Next season we need to have a chairman or a consortium who isn't currently involved with a British Speedway club. Maybe a consortium of ex-managers or ex-riders from back in the day should be considered.

What are your thought's on Buster as BSPA Chairman. Would you be happy if he stayed on next season? or would you like to see someone else in charge next season?

The comments you make about Holder are squashed due to the fact he now has a 9 month ban from SCB

I love this call for someone independent to run the sport.

Lovely idea but who will be paying the 50k minimum they would want for the job.

Surely it would be a part time role? 1k from each club should surely be sufficient?

The man is a liability. In a year where my team, Swindon, are top of the league and on a brilliant winning streak he has, quite amazingly, still single-handedly managed to make me lose some entusiasm for the season.

Genius.

• Like 3

Couldn't agree more. Making it a complete shambles. Best man for the job, my ass!!!

The man is a liability. In a year where my team, Swindon, are top of the league and on a brilliant winning streak he has, quite amazingly, still single-handedly managed to make me lose some entusiasm for the season.

Genius.

• Like 1

As many have said - somebody is badly needed who is independent of the clubs. A CEO figure if you like. It's like having the owner of Everton running the Premier League - how is that supposed to be a successful business model?

Best man for the job. Finally someone stands up for British Speedway. Peterborough are a disgrace.. should be fined double even treble the bung they recieved from Torun

Are you certain there was bung? If so how much was it

As many have said - somebody is badly needed who is independent of the clubs. A CEO figure if you like. It's like having the owner of Everton running the Premier League - how is that supposed to be a successful business model?

We forget that BSPA was formed as the promoters did not like the decisions coming from the then independent body

His tenure has been a car crash. His comments on the BV first meeting were awful & then trying to get himself the lease/ownership on the sly was putrid. Not too mention trying to sign riders who were embargoed.

The two postponements this season against Rye should have also been investigated. The "wind off" and waterlogged track were pure bullsh1t.

Not to mention his role in the Cov/Pet fiasco when he took all the TV money & shat on both those clubs.

He has got the Holder/Batchelor episode spot on though. He's stuck it on the whiny tossers & gave them and others like them a lesson they won't forget.

He'll stand down at the end of season imo. Too much crap has happened under his stewardship.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

I'm no fan of Chapman, & his part in the winter of discontent still hurts, however I try and put that to one side and judge him on his actions as chairman.

The bottom line here is that he is on a hiding to nothing, there are so many areas of the sport that need major attention that he won't get everything right during his time in charge.

The best he can hope for is that he can make a start at getting things on an even keel. To do that he needs to get a properly thought out fixture list that people can plan around , add to that he needs to break the stranglehold that the riders have over the promoters to ensure that they turn up and compete for the teams they sign up for. His recent actions suggest to me that he is beginning to understand that.

If he makes it that far & achieves nothing else, he could consider himself more successful than many of his predecessors.

• Like 1