British Speedway Forum

Some guys need to lighten up a little, I know the sport is in a bad state, but the excitement over a magazine article.!!!!!!!!.It gave a lot of readers a bit of light hearted entertainment.Better than watching 6 guests at Swindon. IMO

Quite agree. SS damned if they don't do investigative journalism, and when they do they are damned for it being too long, too flippant, not news worthy, picking on someone ill, etc. I suppose the critics think it makes them look big, instead of just making them look foolish over some offbeat story that gives you a laugh.

Big up, and get over it.

No excitement just thought the pages could have been put to better use on discussing the problems within the sport or maybe rider profiles, supporter itemsetc

Could still do both, but I think the BSF has the monopoly and rights on the subject highlighted.

• Like 2

No excitement just thought the pages could have been put to better use on discussing the problems within the sport or maybe rider profiles, supporter itemsetc

I think they have discussed problems in the sport but nobody in authority listens ,as with most comments made elsewhere .

THINK you are in the minority ... we have had a great response from people who enjoyed it.

I think it sums up speedway fans tbh. All a bit thick.

Not all of us SCB. :nono: :nono: :nono:

A lot of us can see what is going on in Speedway - but we can't do anything about it - and THAT is the problem.

I am staying away because of my gripe.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Not all of us SCB. :nono: :nono: :nono:

A lot of us can see what is going on in Speedway - but we can't do anything about it - and THAT is the problem.

I am staying away because of my gripe.

You do post like someone who is a bit thick,it has to be said

• Like 2

Heard from someone who's been a conducter in trains, the one who checks tickets, for his 2nd year now. 90% of people are more than a bit thick....
  • Like 1

You do post like someone who is a bit thick,it has to be said

Back to personal attacks I see. Trolling and Bullying is the name of your game - isn't it? It is only a minor irritation but I can live with it.

I'm surprised you haven't given up after your previous rather pathetic attempts.

If you are part of the intelligentsia - I will be happy to remain thick. :)

You will note that I never called you anything that you are not in this Post. :)

Back to personal attacks I see. Trolling and Bullying is the name of your game - isn't it?

A bit like a 2-week journalistic attack against someone who's clearly not compos mentis, but yet is apparently lapped up by the Speedway Star readership?

• Like 1

Back to personal attacks I see. Trolling and Bullying is the name of your game - isn't it? It is only a minor irritation but I can live with it.

I'm surprised you haven't given up after your previous rather pathetic attempts.

If you are part of the intelligentsia - I will be happy to remain thick. :)

You will note that I never called you anything that you are not in this Post. :)

Which would you say are worst: Personal attacks or attacking a group of nearly 2 billion plus people because of the actions of a small minority within that group?

FWIW I thought Iris post was tongue in cheek but...

• Like 1

Yes,you will note i didn't actually call TWK thick.I was using his own style and saying he was like someone who is thick

He doesn't like it,does he.And doesn't even recognise his own style of posting :rofl::P

• Like 1

Is it possible that Peter Oakes was one of those initially taken in by Frankitti and is using his access to the Star to get his revenge?

Is it possible that Peter Oakes was one of those initially taken in by Frankitti and is using his access to the Star to get his revenge?

it certainly looks that way.

Every word he has written seems to display a 'personal' element.

Like a histrionic teenager trying desperately to let everyone know that 'they' are in the right.

Must feel quite cathartic to have access to a magazine to 'vent' publicly.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

NO

• Like 1

Rider profiles...how tedious...they do enough of those as it is.

Absolutely not. Don't confuse incisive professional journalism with amateur efforts on social media.

• Like 1