British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Redcar V Glasgow Thursday

Away from home Lawson and Summers can be a bit of a let down if the going gets tough. IMO .

They are not reliable away from there comfort zone at Glasgow.

This has been confirmed on too many occasions this season and has cost us further away points.

They are not reliable away from there comfort zone at Glasgow.

This has been confirmed on too many occasions this season and has cost us further away points.

Think all this doubling up/ down creates this situation,they are thinking about the number of meetings they have rather than results for any one Team these days.Big earners! Edited by Fromafar

Think all this doubling up/ down creates this situation,they are thinking about the number of meetings they have rather than results for any one Team these days.Big earners!

Exactly and something has to give as the fans are being treated to a shoddy product because of it.

Congratulations to Redcar, they pulled themselves together and showed true battling spirit when Glasgow, not for the first time in recent weeks, couldn't.

Whilst I wouldn't consider us as favourites for any silverware (not sure I personally ever did) right now, neither would I rule us out of contention BUT we do, and very quickly, need to rediscover some of the early season form which gave us that extra cutting edge and resilience particularly away from home. Season is far from over.

I can't work out how to multi quote but to sum up the last few posts Lawson and summers are unpredictable away from home probably due to doubling up and another poster agrees. Summers does not double up! Now feel free to have a go but base it on facts. Can't believe I am the only one that is questioning Stuarts tactics last night it's not as if it's the first time. Also when we lose he's always quick to put pressure on and blame the riders on the clubs website. Not sure if that is the best tactic especially when the team is actually doing better than most people at the start of the season thought. But it is frustrating that they seem to have hit some sort of barrier when earlier they were all nice and relaxed and scoring freely, apart from Jack who ironically is a bit better when everyone else is of the boil.

TBF Bewley aside you team has under performed compared to what most seem to think. When I said in Feb/March you had a bang average team with the exception of Bewley you all got on my back. Looking at the stats now you have a bang average team except Bewley. They're all basically maintained their averages, theres a tiny little bit of improvement in a few of them but in a 40 point league you'd expect a little bit of improvement.

Honestly not sure what Glasgow fans expected. The top 3 have all been around a long time now and are what they are. Tom Perry the same. Jack Smith was a 6.5 NL man last year so a lot was expected of him. Luna, fair enough some of you guys up there rate him. For a club that is throwing cash around Glasgow signed a very, IMO, uninspiring team that was always going to do well but not actually be great. It was a pretty safe team selection.

Fair point, our weakness at reserve was to accommodate three 8 pointers at the top. Perhaps i have been too hard on Perry as in reality he is a 3 point reserve that has maintained his average. Our top three each arent capable of being an out and out No1 but have collective responsibility to bring in the points. Whilst Lawson seems to bear the brunt of fans frustration, Summers is far more inconsistent IMO.

Last year we had the luxury of the current top 3 plus Bach as well as stronger reserves. At this stage nothing is lost, we will make the play offs and have to hope we up our game.

• Like 1

Can't believe I am the only one that is questioning Stuarts tactics last night it's not as if it's the first time.

Your not.

But it is frustrating that they seem to have hit some sort of barrier when earlier they were all nice and relaxed and scoring freely, apart from Jack who ironically is a bit better when everyone else is of the boil.

Each rider has their own issues. Summers is suffering from an absolute lack of match sharpness. Lawson seems to be jaded at times, possibly from too many matches. Bewley can take several heats to warm up and is a bit too timid at times. I wouldnt have given him ht15 last night, it needed the experience of Worrall or Summers. Lunna is injury prone but exciting all the same. Jack Smith is largely a passenger and too inexperienced to have any impact. It is what it is though. We can't make changes and have to get the best from what we have. A bigger issue will be when all the play offs come at the same time with Bewley and Smith involved in three leagues and Lawson possibly as well with Somerset.

• Like 1

I would probably get into bother if I gave you my opinion on that touchy subject.

Have to say the Lawson on Thursday for Glasgow was a totally different tiger to the one who rode the week before for Sheffield. The only excuse I could suggest is that maybe he was under less pressure the week before?

But to be fair to him, both Worrall and Summers were well under some past performances we have seen - eg the Garciagate meeting. This does appear to have crept into performances over the last few weeks - is there some underlying reason, or is it just coincidence that all 3 heat leaders appear lack lustre at the same time?

Bewley is a class act, and quick - however it was mentioned amongst some fans that the pressure of the heat 15 and off gate 4 outside of barker might just result in him "going missing", which it did, however in a years time I see him winning a lot of heat 15 - even when pressure is really on!

Best Wishes to Lunna, hope he isn't too sore after his acrobatics down the home straight.

From a Bears point of view Barker and Garrity seemed to have more desire than the Glasgow riders and that ultimately earned them their points tally. Big well done to Mitchell Davey, his job was to beat Smith in their two races together, which he did and then as a bonus Glasgow gave him another ride against Smith which he duly won (even Bears fans couldn't fathom that logic out!)

Great Meeting, superb win for the Bears, but Glasgow are a class act and will be fighting for honours at end of the season.

• Like 2

Have to say the Lawson on Thursday for Glasgow was a totally different tiger to the one who rode the week before for Sheffield. The only excuse I could suggest is that maybe he was under less pressure the week before?

But to be fair to him, both Worrall and Summers were well under some past performances we have seen - eg the Garciagate meeting. This does appear to have crept into performances over the last few weeks - is there some underlying reason, or is it just coincidence that all 3 heat leaders appear lack lustre at the same time?

Bewley is a class act, and quick - however it was mentioned amongst some fans that the pressure of the heat 15 and off gate 4 outside of barker might just result in him "going missing", which it did, however in a years time I see him winning a lot of heat 15 - even when pressure is really on!

Best Wishes to Lunna, hope he isn't too sore after his acrobatics down the home straight.

From a Bears point of view Barker and Garrity seemed to have more desire than the Glasgow riders and that ultimately earned them their points tally. Big well done to Mitchell Davey, his job was to beat Smith in their two races together, which he did and then as a bonus Glasgow gave him another ride against Smith which he duly won (even Bears fans couldn't fathom that logic out!)

Great Meeting, superb win for the Bears, but Glasgow are a class act and will be fighting for honours at end of the season.

Judgeing by the antics at Berwick a few weeks ago don't think team spirit is all it can be.They are still a decent Team though,reserves are the main problem ,you need one to score decent points to get result away from home.

[quote name="MD" post="3014864" timestamp="1503076832

A bigger issue will be when all the play offs come at the same time with Bewley and Smith involved in three leagues and Lawson possibly as well with Somerset.

Thankfully after last night's result don't think Somerset will be in the play offs

glasgow fans.dont be too downbeat on recent results.you are still a very very good side and can't expect all meetings to be won.you will definitely be in the playoffs and then its down to a shootout where absolutely anything can happen.dont get on lawson and summers backs all the time, they are very good riders and have served you well so far so get behind your team and less of the negativity for once.the play offs are going to be very exciting and can't wait until they come around.good luck to all involved.

• Like 2

I can't work out how to multi quote but to sum up the last few posts Lawson and summers are unpredictable away from home probably due to doubling up and another poster agrees. Summers does not double up! Now feel free to have a go but base it on facts. Can't believe I am the only one that is questioning Stuarts tactics last night it's not as if it's the first time. Also when we lose he's always quick to put pressure on and blame the riders on the clubs website. Not sure if that is the best tactic especially when the team is actually doing better than most people at the start of the season thought. But it is frustrating that they seem to have hit some sort of barrier when earlier they were all nice and relaxed and scoring freely, apart from Jack who ironically is a bit better when everyone else is of the boil.

Nobody said Summers did D/Up it was more a general conversation on the subject that riders going that extra mile for there team is less frequent as they ride for multi teams, It is not as important to them as the next pay day is the next day.

Aaron is the exception rather than the rule this season but both him & Richard have been found wanting away from Glasgow on too many occasions this season.

• Like 1

Thankfully after last night's result don't think Somerset will be in the play offs

If changes could still be made I don't think Lawson would have been at Somerset much longer

The slight worry is that Thursday night's meeting seems to have duplicated our recent meeting at Workington . Rattling up a healthy advantage early on , then one race of madness upsets things and we never seem to recover .

Still it's a point , but it looks like third place for us and a possible semi final with Ipswich .