British Speedway Forum
mike1944

More Free Speedway On Tv?

Thanks for the information Aleksandr. :approve: :approve:

Keep it coming. :t:

Odd [programming by Freesport/Premier

Tomorrow Premier have Stockcar from Ipswich at 18.00 and Swedish Speedway play offs at 22.00

Freesport have live Swedish speedway at 18.10

Very odd that live speedway is on the freechannel but the recording is on subscription channel

Then Wednesday live speedway on Freesport at 18.10 but 1st leg final recording at 17.00 on Premier

Well IMO premier got the best speedway commentator Dave Goddard, enjoyed his commentary on the Swedish play off final tonite on freesports. Very good

• Like 4

Well IMO premier got the best speedway commentator Dave Goddard, enjoyed his commentary on the Swedish play off final tonite on freesports. Very good

Better than very good. IMO the best for many a long year.

• Like 1

Good news that Freesport/ Premier Sport are saying that they will be showing speedway in 2018 and in my opinion it will be interesting to hear what is happening in terms of the UK coverage. Thank you for the excellent coverage. My next hope is for someone to cover the Ice Speedway meetings this winter. As to the UK. in 2018 BSPA and alll those self centred individuals remember it is us fans that keep your businesses going. Please act and think and put your brains in gear before messing up the sport any further sending it into oblivion. You are just custodians, temeber that.

• Like 3

I expect the ice racing will be covered, by Dorna for the FIM, as it has done for many years, but it's a question of whether a UK station will take the programmes. This year no-one took them but they were uploaded to You Tube, eventual;ly.

Bear in mind there's a difference between taking programmes made by another company and making them yourself. This year BT have taken the BSI-produced world feed for the SGP/SWC, just adding their own presentation/discussion and interviews, liker Sky before them. For the domestic coverage they have had to go out and make the programmes themselves, again like Sky.

In the case of Premier/Freesports they simply take the pictures from CMore Sport in Sweden and NSport+ in Poland,just adding Dave Goddard's commentary.

Apart from coverage of British meetings all the speedway you see on TV here is actually made by overseas or international broadcasters just with English commentary or presentation added where necessary.

Re Quest TV, it has been used very occasionally as an overflow channel for Eurosport but in the whole of October their only sport coverage will be snooker. It was created to put programmes from the various Discovery channels in one single channel on Freeview and Freesat.

Bit early for this question I suppose but will Polish meetings be shown on the free channel, I paid the £25 to premier sports for this season but won't bother next year depending what's on the free channel

Bit early for this question I suppose but will Polish meetings be shown on the free channel, I paid the £25 to premier sports for this season but won't bother next year depending what's on the free channel

It's unlikely anyone will know until next spring whether they'll be carrying it on either channel. Considering Premier is normally £9.99 a month, £25 a year isn't that much to pay to guarantee being able to watch all matches.

True , I'm not sure how much the original cost was but I'm sure anyone phoning up to cancel would be offered the £25 deal again

I think I'm on automatic renewal unless I cancel so will have to check it out in the new year how much it is for 12 months next year. I've changed credit cards though and have cancelled the one I used to pay this year so there going to struggle getting my money. Lol

Bear in mind the launch publicity for Freesports has included live, not delayed Swedish Speedway in 2018, but I don't recall it saying ALL matches. There is no mention of Polish speedway.

You could find that you abandon a Premier subscription only to find that not everything is on Freesports, assuming it lasts. Considering it's now been going for a month it still hasn't got a reliable schedule on its own website.

I'd wait and see what happens next spring.

• Like 1

The Premier freesport prog is starting on normal freeview, rather than just HD, on Dec 1st on the Sports Channel freeview 273 so this not only shows all sorts of sport but hopefully Speedway in 2018 as it did this year.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 5

The Premier freesport prog is starting on normal freeview, rather than just HD, on Dec 1st on the Sports Channel freeview 273 so this not only shows all sorts of sport but hopefully Speedway in 2018 as it did this year.

Freesport has been available on normal Freeview since September.

Freesport has been available on normal Freeview since September.

not mine - stating coming 1st Dec as per AO post

Freesports started on channel 95 on Freeview on August 31st,

Sports Channel Network (SCN) starts on channel 273 (Freeview) on 1st December 2017.