British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon Vs Kings Lynn 21 August 2017

Well done the Stars for keeping it pretty close all meeting.Just seen the racing,well if that's what you call it.Pretty dire meeting really,decided on who gated better for much of the meeting.

With the two riders we bought in,well they don't normally gate that well but are so much better entertainment value(normally) than the two who were got rid of.

What is it with whinging Aussies nowadays.As i said on page 1 in response to us being a championship side,Doyle apart so are Swindon imo.

Spot on

To be fair when Crumpie was younger he was a bit of a fool and to a lesser extent Ryan Sullivan as well.

But they all knew how to conduct themselves. Todd Wiltshire , Boycey (one punch apart) Lyons, Crump, Adams, Parker

Now we has Ward, Holder, Batch, Doyle................all egotistical

If Tai cant win the world title then i want Doyle to as he missed out last season so in my eyes deserves it................but he made himself look foolish last night, dragging himself down to the levels of Ward and Holder.....................and he cant team ride

All tw@ts!

Its called "banter"............... something that is clearly lost on most folk these days.

Would suggest that most of these folk need to lighten-up a little (and no, I'm not suggesting attendance at weight-watchers)!

a bit like the banter of Buster threating Ged Rathbone with disciplinary action after Holder junior Missed the 4 team tournament..! ;)

I think they are better than that, won't win but 50-40 is achievable maybe even nick a point with a little luck, lambert and Jonasson are going very well, Huckenbeck and Jorgensen can give a good account of themselves and the track should suit MPT, you would expect the Robins to win easily but you never know.

Not a bad assessment!

That is a scenario, that Swindon do not want to even think about.

A rain off, which would effectively make 2 home fixtures redundant, would have serious ramifications on the Robins finishing top and leave them with the possibility of having the decision to choose their opponents out of their hands.

I think that it will be interesting to see which amoeba actually owns up to compiling the Swindon fixture list because it is, without doubt, a shocker of a run in given that effectively have had 159 days in which to run a much reduced fixture list (compared with other seasons where we have have had upwards of 36 matches to include)

Fixtures should, with some exceptions, be set in stone. I have already had my two pence worth regarding the changes to the revised final dates and this just adds to the general consensus that we are really dealing with several village idiots who just haven't got a clue how to run a professional sport.

To be fair, the second meeting is a re-scheduling of an earlier rained off meeting. The trouble is that's it's been very difficult to re-arrange rained off meetings due the number of doubling up riders & the rule that the Championship get priority for the re-scheduled meeting. I do understand the reason for the rule but we have to find a different way of handling this. My idea would 2 fixed nights for the Premier League, say Monday & Wednesday & the Championship on the remaining nights. This way we could still retain doubling up & it's a certainty that a lot of the riders need the doubling up to get them enough rides to make a living. They don't all get the chance to ride abroad. It's a fact that not all clubs own their own stadiums but as the PL sides always manage to ride on a Monday when BT sport are there, then that's an obvious alternative for them. The Championship will then have 5 nights in which to fit their fixtures in. I say this as a Swindon fan & they would be one club who would have to change their race night. Hopefully this would then mean, you would only need guests for injuries & a few clashes of race nights in the same league. I'm not a fan of R/R as it affect different clubs so much, where in some circumstances, every other rider is ok to take a ride & for some others, it's one above & just 3 low average riders.

Wednesday would be out of the question for Swindon as they have greyhound racing.

If you rely on just Monday's and have a bad summer weather wise they could be in trouble.

• Like 1

Don't see why everyone's got it in for Jason Doyle all of a sudden. Nature of this forum I guess.

• Like 3

This current crop of Australians (and I include Saint Tai) seem to go around with chips on their shoulders and a sort of attitude not evident in their predecessors.

Something of a contrast with the new crop of top Poles (and the non-top ones) such as Janowski who seem not to have the same nasty attitude.

• Like 1

Don't see why everyone's got it in for Jason Doyle all of a sudden. Nature of this forum I guess.

Ive got nothing against Doyle, want him to be World Champ this season as he deserves it.

But he was a bit over the top last night with his remarks.

Wasnt so long ago that he was guilty of over riding in some gp's and causing crashes.

Plus he needs to learn the art of team riding.................Ward and Holder were good at it and anyone watching Tai getting Holder home in the pairs will understand the skill involved there.

Maybe Rosco just tells Doyle to go out and win his races ad the rest can take care of itself

His comments about opposing rider's was acceptable in your opinion then?

When he himself is of very similar ilk in getting himself into difficulty

You are. Nothing in the rules that say you can't.

Is it different in the top league then ? As for the past two seasons in the second tier heat 4 has been protected for the number sevens , except if they get injured in heat 2 of course .

I hope at the agm one of the major changes will be the reducing of the delays, last night was awful. They have got to stop riders going to the pit gate after an unsatisfactory start or using up all the two mins again. The ref should have a 1 min or 30 second restart time.

Somehow they have also got to try to reduce all these restarts.

Totally agree. Thats why I tend to watch the recorded version after the event, and keep my finger on the "fast forward" button! I also get very tired of the analysis directly after the race, where we are shown the same race over and over again, when I have just watched the ruddy thing. I SAW what happened, I don't need to be shown it again and again.

His comments about opposing rider's was acceptable in your opinion then?

When he himself is of very similar ilk in getting himself into difficulty

No big deal. Just comments in an interview.

Yeah, maybe he has developed a bit of cockyness, but maybe that's how he got himself from being a long time second division rider to possibly the best rider in the World.

I find it amazing how people feel it is ok to hurl insults left, right and centre on this forum but, as soon as a rider says anything, everyone becomes such sensitive souls.

Lighten up. Good news for you all is that he'll probably be forced out of the league next year, just as they tried to do this year. Then you can all enjoy how much speedway is without the top stars and not understand why crowds have dropped again.

True about team-riding though. He is Shiite at it.

Totally agree. Thats why I tend to watch the recorded version after the event, and keep my finger on the "fast forward" button! I also get very tired of the analysis directly after the race, where we are shown the same race over and over again, when I have just watched the ruddy thing. I SAW what happened, I don't need to be shown it again and again.

What would you prefer? Adverts?

• Like 4

No big deal. Just comments in an interview.

Yeah, maybe he has developed a bit of cockyness, but maybe that's how he got himself from being a long time second division rider to possibly the best rider in the World.

I find it amazing how people feel it is ok to hurl insults left, right and centre on this forum but, as soon as a rider says anything, everyone becomes such sensitive souls.

Lighten up. Good news for you all is that he'll probably be forced out of the league next year, just as they tried to do this year. Then you can all enjoy how much speedway is without the top stars and not understand why crowds have dropped again.

True about team-riding though. He is Shiite at it.

What would you prefer? Adverts?

I wouldn't bother paying too much attention to the easily offended . It's the same with the numpties who go to football and hurl abuse at an opposition manager or player for 90 minutes , then go complaining to the police if the said player or manager reacts in any way .

• Like 3

Ive got nothing against Doyle, want him to be World Champ this season as he deserves it.

But he was a bit over the top last night with his remarks.

Wasnt so long ago that he was guilty of over riding in some gp's and causing crashes.

Plus he needs to learn the art of team riding.................Ward and Holder were good at it and anyone watching Tai getting Holder home in the pairs will understand the skill involved there.

Maybe Rosco just tells Doyle to go out and win his races ad the rest can take care of itself

I am a big Doyle fan i want him to be world champion he should of been champion last year but was unlucky.But because i am a Swindon fan does not mean that i agree with everything he says or does.As a team rider he is not in the same league as Crump(sen) and the brilliant Adams Ashby as well was easilly a better team rider he needs to look sometimes last year he cost Sedgman quite a few points.
  • Like 2