British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

In all due respect, the only comparison those riders have in common is their age. When it comes to ability, Lambert is in a different league.

Them fans, you mention, probably are the ones who went to the NSS to see Robert represent our team last weekend, but he couldn't be bothered to go. :icon_smile_clown:

why Lambert didn't show at NSS my guess is more about logistics than anything else he rode in Germany Friday and had Poland Sunday so why would he fly to Manchester Saturday am to return to Poland Sunday am ? He was in Germany fri so blame his knee as to not go BV then nice and handy for Poland for Sunday

Bewley may turn out to be as good as Lambert, as he clearly shows he has a racing brain and their ability at the same age was quite similar. But they are the two really outstanding talents of this era. I hope that Lambert is in the Stars 2018 team as he has even more to show of his top level ability. It is very concerning as to why he withdrew from the PLRC and he should be more open about it. I hope it is not that he is turning his back on the BSPA / UK yet.

Obviously he is likely to follow the money to Poland ( who wouldn't !) as that is where the bulk of his earnings will come from over the next decade. The current serious problems in Sweden may not make it such a definite destination for him ( or any top rider ) but the prospective earning level for top riders is no better in the UK ( and may be worse ).

In all due respect, the only comparison those riders have in common is their age. When it comes to ability, Lambert is in a different league.

Them fans, you mention, probably are the ones who went to the NSS to see Robert represent our team last weekend, but he couldn't be bothered to go. :icon_smile_clown:

He's not on about the Lynn fans.And as you have put in your posts in the past,everyone is allowed an opinion.So this is merely Bald Bloke's opinion so i don't understand the clown emoji.Is it just because his opinion differs to yours?

He's not on about the Lynn fans.And as you have put in your posts in the past,everyone is allowed an opinion.So this is merely Bald Bloke's opinion so i don't understand the clown emoji.Is it just because his opinion differs to yours?

I read it as the clown was for Lambert.

• Like 2

why Lambert didn't show at NSS my guess is more about logistics than anything else he rode in Germany Friday and had Poland Sunday so why would he fly to Manchester Saturday am to return to Poland Sunday am ? He was in Germany fri so blame his knee as to not go BV then nice and handy for Poland for Sunday

Have no problem with a rider trying to prove himself for Poland 2018 as rightly said that is where his main source of income should come form over the next 10 years if he is going to make it.

My gripe is the flwg: Was it not the BSPA who put out the message that he was not riding in the PLRC due to his leg injury. If that's the case then indeed how can he ride Germany Friday and then do 6 rides in Poland on Sunday.

Of course the BSPA and its members/chairman will not air their views on the BSPA which can understand. However one can understand how some question the integrity of the BSPA Chairman considering his outburst about Holder Jr riding in Poland despite his club Peterborough being happy to let him ride and were compensated. Was any such compensation passed over to UK Speedway for Lambert not riding in the UK's most prestigious individual meeting for the teams top riders at the National Speedway Stadium.

Is Mr Chapman even bothering to look into it or cant be ar**ed as its his teams rider and end of season so what's the point ??

Have no problem with a rider trying to prove himself for Poland 2018 as rightly said that is where his main source of income should come form over the next 10 years if he is going to make it.

My gripe is the flwg: Was it not the BSPA who put out the message that he was not riding in the PLRC due to his leg injury. If that's the case then indeed how can he ride Germany Friday and then do 6 rides in Poland on Sunday.

Of course the BSPA and its members/chairman will not air their views on the BSPA which can understand. However one can understand how some question the integrity of the BSPA Chairman considering his outburst about Holder Jr riding in Poland despite his club Peterborough being happy to let him ride and were compensated. Was any such compensation passed over to UK Speedway for Lambert not riding in the UK's most prestigious individual meeting for the teams top riders at the National Speedway Stadium.

Is Mr Chapman even bothering to look into it or cant be ar**ed as its his teams rider and end of season so what's the point ??

Sorry mean air their views on the BSP not BSPA...

No doubt your not far wrong. Two issues here, Firstly, if riders such as Friske, Lindgren and Worrall were all at the same meeting as Lambert on Friday and they bothered to get back. then so could Lambert... Lindgren and Fricke were also riding in Poland on Sunday, plus they were back again to the NSS for PO on Monday.

NB, Good job Lynn didn't make the PO's Lambert would have had difficult fitting these extra meetings in. :wink:

And Secondly when it was announced the League Rider championship was on Saturday, why didn't Lambert pull out straight away . After all he was aware of his Knee problems, and also, places like Poland, Germany and England are still in the same position, so no doubt he was aware of the difficulties in travelling....

Seems to me Lambert is picking and choosing his meetings, and using his knee injury, as a get out of jail card....

So please this season is over...... For us any way.....

No doubt your not far wrong. Two issues here, Firstly, if riders such as Friske, Lindgren and Worrall were all at the same meeting as Lambert on Friday and they bothered to get back. then so could Lambert... Lindgren and Fricke were also riding in Poland on Sunday, plus they were back again to the NSS for PO on Monday.

NB, Good job Lynn didn't make the PO's Lambert would have had difficult fitting these extra meetings in. :wink:

And Secondly when it was announced the League Rider championship was on Saturday, why didn't Lambert pull out straight away . After all he was aware of his Knee problems, and also, places like Poland, Germany and England are still in the same position, so no doubt he was aware of the difficulties in travelling....

Seems to me Lambert is picking and choosing his meetings, and using his knee injury, as a get out of jail card....

So much of what you write rings true BUT can we really put all the blame on Lambert when the British authorities have allowed this sort of thing to go on for years, even this season Batchelor was doing it. As for simply pulling out on Saturday I don't think that was an option, the authorities make it a condition that riders attend certain meetings and this was one of them.

I'm not making excuses for Lambert. I have my own views on his non appearance (not too far away from yours GRW :wink: ) but unless or until the authorities stamp down hard on this by ruling that any medical certificate means an enforced absence of 3 days minimum this sort of thing will continue. It's a very easy get out of jail free card for riders.

It's not fair on fans, promoters, clubs or even on riders who have a genuine injury.

• Like 2

do no the thing that gets me more than anything with Lambert or any other rider that didn't want to ride at NNS last Saturday is why they can't just be honest and say the reason Lambert well may have a knee injury but the real reason was logistics- do these riders feel the fans can't take the truth ? fans ain't daft they no when they are being mugged off - just be honest that's all I ask .
  • Like 2

Yes Lambert probably carrying a knee injury.

The point is he is riding for a Polish EXL or Nice 1 place at worse for next season. The likes of Kurtz and Holder Jr look nailed on to get teams in POL Exl but Lambert still hasn't convinced teams he is up to the level required imo. I think he was desperate to show clubs over the 2 legs of the final that he has what it takes. Shame his injury probably curtailed his scores as 9 from 6 rides in a POL 2nd Div match even if finals is hardly pulling up trees. Even so being seen and showing some ability is better than not showing and maybe being forgotten.

The thing is that Speedway in UK is shown in a bad light as those of us with real interest in the Sport don't need to be treated as idiots.

If Chapman was on the ball he really should be carrying out investigations, as how can he apply double standards after his Holder Jr outburst. Or was that more being angry after so close to the the Holder Sr incident and wanted revenge. Why else go so public on the BSPA site on it even though his club (who were out of the playoffs anyway) were happy at the release and were compensated.

It just stinks that Chapman made such a big deal of it with the Peterboroiugh 4's (which they won anyway without him) preaches about British Speedway being let down in a Champ Comp yet in a prestigious event like the Prem Riders Championship not a peep out of him or the BSPA.

No of course not. Its one of his riders so he wants it to disappear with nobody hopefully noticing it.

It's a pity people on here can't find better things to do instead of constantly knock Robert Lambert. Get of his back.

• Like 2

It's a pity people on here can't find better things to do instead of constantly knock Robert Lambert. Get of his back.

The reason he's getting knocked is because to many people bigged him up to be the next British superstar.

They're all extremely disappointed that this season he really hasn't stepped it up to expectations.

My expectations I believe are far more realistic and I just don't see him becoming any better than he is already.

He's quite frankly has been less than average against top riders, to the point of being completely uncompetitive against them.

The World Cup 2 years running really should have opened pwoples eyes but they're still so blinded with pipe dreams.

• Like 1

So you are happy for people to be hypocritical by damning Batclhelor s fit/unfit antics but be OK with Lambert (or any other rider) doing the same.

I don't doubt his talent or his motivation, I'm just sick of riders taking fans for fools. That applies to promoters as well.

• Like 6

I never said I was happy for people to knock Batchelor. I have said on here weeks ago that the way people knocked Batch was wrong. And how Buster treated him was dreadfull.

• Like 1

STEVEHOLS54 wrote " No of course not. Its one of his riders so he wants it to disappear with nobody hopefully noticing it."

And that is what Buster loves to call and repeatedly uses as a tactic " put it behind us " NOT sweep it under the carpet as that would be, well , quite openly scandalous BUT if you " put it behind you" , well, that is a sensible thing to do as you can move on, start all over again etc etc etc. In fact you can roll out the " Same Old, Same Old Speedway" nicely re-packaged and ready for the err 1980s. Never mind that we have moved on around 40 years. No one will notice. What he forgers is that fewer and fewer people care.

• Like 1