British Speedway Forum
spin king

Clash Of The Tigers, Sheffield V Glasgow Thursday 31st August

So we see the 2nd fixture of the Clash or the Tigers, and it should be a cracker of meeting.

With the South Yorkshire Tigers defending a unbeaten home record, and Scottish Tigers coming South to try and not only win the match but go away with 4 points to keep in touch with the table topping South Yorkshire Tigers.

Glasgow Tigers managed by the scowling Stewart Dickson who will lock horns with clean cut Simon Stead.

Sheffield

(1) Josh Scrabble man Grajczonek; Not only scores big on the scrabble board but around Sheffield can the Scottish Tigers fin a way to stop him.

(2) Todd Mini Scrabble man Kurtz; Not so many point on the scrabble board, but has a habit of scoring some really important points around Sheffield.

(3) Lasse Baby Bjerre; Hitting top form just at the right time and riding as well as Scrabble man at the moment.

(4) Josh Barnsley Chop Bates; Glasgow fans love our little Josh, but beware guys he eats Glaswegians for breakfast.

(5) Kyle Captain Fantastic Howarth; The man that leads the Mighty South Yorkshire Tigers, very dependable and better than Josh Auty.

(6) Jan The Man Gravesen; Everyone needs a Jan, high scoring reserve and could be the difference in the two teams.

(7) Georgie Boy Wood; Could well be our secret weapon, a little gem that fell into our laps reminds me of a certain Ricky Ashworth when he first burst into the team.

The Glasgow riders will probably line up as follows;

(1) Richie Interesting Worrall; The Steve Davis of British speedway

(2) Danny Boy Bewley; The Cumbria Express fast regaining a reputation can the lad live up to it on the big occasion.

(3) Richard Son of God Lawson; Looking at all of that hair and his facial hair he takes his nickname very serious, needs to be wearing his gating boots because he could not pass a fart.

(4) Nike Hair Lunna; What will be the hairstyle this week, exciting unpredictable and has shown a liking for the air fence on the 1st and 2nd bends of Sheffield.

(5) Aaron Rock Star Summers; Looks like the lead guitarist in Whitesnake, unpredictable around Sheffield could be a match winner or might just flop.

(6) Tom Perry; Can ride Sheffield well, had some good ones had some poor ones which Perry will we see on Thursday.

(7) Jack Smudger 2 Smith; Seems to have points tough to come by lately but he can ride Sheffield pretty well.

So will it be another South Yorkshire Tigers win.

Can the Scottish Tigers get anything from this match.

Either way its a Tigers win.

Who were the original Tigers, and who were the copycats (excuse the pun)?

All the best

Rob

Tricky one to answer

I think the South Yorkshire Tigers have been around longer.

But we did in the long distant past get rename the Sheffield Tars

I leave you guessing the sex of the Promoter who thought that one up.

But down to the fact that we have only every ridden at the one track and Glasgow went under the guise of Coatbridge for a number of years, I am claiming the South Yorkshire Tigers are the original.

Tricky one to answer

I think the South Yorkshire Tigers have been around longer.

But we did in the long distant past get rename the Sheffield Tars

I leave you guessing the sex of the Promoter who thought that one up.

But down to the fact that we have only every ridden at the one track and Glasgow went under the guise of Coatbridge for a number of years, I am claiming the South Yorkshire Tigers are the original.

'Twas the Coatbridge Tigers as well. :wink:

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

yorkshire Tigers will win, we are in a slump of form at the moment

Easy 20+ win for the English Tigers. The Scottish ones seem to be free falling.

Easy 20+ win for the English Tigers. The Scottish ones seem to be free falling.

Cannot see that happening Glasgow are the only team this season to come away from Sheffield with anything.

I think that it will be a very close affair.

Cannot see that happening Glasgow are the only team this season to come away from Sheffield with anything.

Nine weeks is a long time in speedway, just ask Chris Holder. Our brief will be to pick up a league point though that looks an aspiration.

Nine weeks is a long time in speedway, just ask Chris Holder. Our brief will be to pick up a league point though that looks an aspiration.

Joking aside I still think that Glasgow are a quality side an I think are capable of going anywhere and getting a result.

But they would really have to be on their A game, if they are we going to have a cracking meeting.

The Sheffield Tigers are riding a lot better than the last time the two teams met. If Lasse Bjerre is riding, with what as happened at Swindon tonight. He refused to ride for Somerset in the second match of double header. I don't know the circumstances, so we will have to wait see the outcome of that. But if the Sheffield Tiger's are at full strength i think they will win the match by 15+. But it could be a lot closer if Lasse is not riding. But Sheffield to win the match. UTT ( Sheffield ).

Joking aside I still think that Glasgow are a quality side an I think are capable of going anywhere and getting a result.

But they would really have to be on their A game, if they are we going to have a cracking meeting.

Haven't been on our A game for a while that is the problem.

• Like 1

Let's be clear Glasgow will not finish top of the league, Sheffield will. Play offs all to play for

Edited by SharpenRake